Found Deceased OR - Allyson Joy Watterson, 20, North Plains, 22 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

mlhenn

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Man last seen with missing woman arrested on unrelated charges

Watterson and her boyfriend, Benjamin Garland, had been hiking along Old Pumpkin Ridge Road last weekend when they got separated.

According to the Washington County Sheriff's Office, a resident found Garland asleep alone in a truck and took him home to Hillsboro, and then Garland and his father went back to look for Watterson.

When they couldn't find her, they called Watterson's family and the missing person search began Tuesday morning.

Watterson's family said there's no reason they can think of why Watterson would just take off without telling them.

After talking to Garland, sheriff's deputies arrested him on several charges not associated with Watterson's disappearance.

Garland will be in court Thursday.

Search-and-rescue team scours North Plains-area woods for missing 20-year-old woman

Watterson’s family reported her missing on Monday. She is about 5-foot-7 and 120 pounds with brown hair and a tattoo of an eye on the front of her left shoulder and another one of a fairy on a spider web on her left forearm.
The sheriff’s office says she had a red backpack with her on Sunday and was wearing a hooded sweatshirt, black jeans and brown Calvin Klein boots.

Man last seen with missing woman arrested on unrelated charges

Watterson and her boyfriend, Benjamin Garland, had been hiking along Old Pumpkin Ridge Road last weekend when they got separated.

According to the Washington County Sheriff's Office, a resident found Garland asleep alone in a truck and took him home to Hillsboro, and then Garland and his father went back to look for Watterson.

When they couldn't find her, they called Watterson's family and the missing person search began Tuesday morning.

Watterson's family said there's no reason they can think of why Watterson would just take off without telling them.

After talking to Garland, sheriff's deputies arrested him on several charges not associated with Watterson's disappearance.

Garland will be in court Thursday.
I wonder if the picture of Garland at the quoted link is his new mugshot. I find it strange that he appears to be smiling. It makes me uneasy. Also, he has some scratches on his face. It's Oregon though, so they may have been hiking through blackberry brambles. They're brutal!

The bf was arrested for unrelated charges. Pumpkin ridge is a busy area in the spring and summer for the golfing and many areas to hike and watch the elk. IMO, the scratches were from Misty.
Do you mean Allyson, or did you really mean the scratches were from her mom, Misty?

Also, yikes: “Court records show Garland also has outstanding warrants for a felony drug possession charge as well as probation violation on a 2017 assault and unlawful use of a weapon conviction.” IMO it is NOT a good sign if this is the last guy she was seen with...I get a white supemacist/neo-Nazi vibe from his mugshot, though I can’t say why that is for sure. The preceding quote is from:
Search-and-rescue team scours North Plains-area woods for missing 20-year-old woman

The Washington County Sheriff’s Office organized the search which included more volunteers than the party needed. They spent Wednesday following up on possible leads. The sheriff’s office said they have been flooded with tips.

Allyson and her boyfriend, Benjamin Garland, got separated while hiking near Old Pumpkin Ridge Road in a wooded area near North Plains.

She was last seen wearing an orange-yellow hooded sweatshirt, a red backpack, black jeans and brown Calvin Klein boots.

She is white with blue eyes and dark brown hair. She’s about 5-feet-7 and 120 pounds. She has 2 tattoos: an eye on the front of her left shoulder and a fairy sitting on a spider web on her left forearm.

WCSO: 2nd day of search for missing 20-year-old concludes

Garland is cooperating with the investigation, which is not a criminal investigation at this point. But he is in the Washington County Jail awaiting a court appearance on Thursday on a stolen vehicle charge plus a bench warrant for possession of meth, both unrelated to the search for Allyson.

Hundreds turn out to find missing North Plains woman in Christmas Day search

Family, friends, and people who had no idea who Allyson Watterson was until a day or two ago joined search and rescue teams from Washington, Columbia, Multnomah and Clackamas counties to search for the missing woman on Christmas Day.

The search area covers miles of heavy brush and trees and steep muddy terrain.

While many of the same volunteers and paid searchers will be back Thursday.

Watterson's boyfriend, Benjamin Garland, is expected in court Thursday on charges not related to Watterson's disappearance.

Hundreds turn out to find missing North Plains woman in Christmas Day search

Do you mean Allyson, or did you really mean the scratches were from her mom, Misty?

Also, yikes: “Court records show Garland also has outstanding warrants for a felony drug possession charge as well as probation violation on a 2017 assault and unlawful use of a weapon conviction.” IMO it is NOT a good sign if this is the last guy she was seen with...I get a white supemacist/neo-Nazi vibe from his mugshot, though I can’t say why that is for sure. The preceding quote is from:
Oops,I meant to say Allyson.. long day yesterday

I hike a lot, and have been trying to think of situations in which I could get separated from my hiking partner and left behind on the trail:

1) one party steps off the trail to (relieve themselves, take a photo, get a closer look at something) and the other person keeps hiking
2) one party stops to rest and the other person keeps hiking
3) one party becomes ill/injured and the other person keeps hiking while the ill/injured party waits on the trail for their return
4) one party wants to turn back and the other person keeps hiking
5) an argument takes place and one party storms off to return to the car and the other person keeps hiking

You would think, though, that there would be some form of communication as to an intent to catch up to the other party on the trail, wait for them on the trail, or to return to the starting point. I just can't imagine stepping off trail or going back to the car and not telling my hiking partner, leaving them to wonder where I am or what happened to me, and I certainly wouldn't just keep going if I was the person in the lead and my partner didn't catch up in a reasonable amount of time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back