Found Deceased OR - Anna 'Annie' Schmidt, 21, Columbia River Gorge, 16 Oct 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It could be just a coincidence that her car was broken into, but that doesn't seem to be an especially good sign, to me.

I thought about that too. But it's not unusual for cars parked at trailheads to be broken into. So it could be a coincidence. I worry sometimes about leaving my car in a place like that for even a few hours, if nobody else is around. If the car sat there for that many days, depending on the amount of crime around that area, a break in or damage, could probably be expected.

More unusual is the fact that her cell phone and gear were not taken. But maybe the motive for the break in was mostly vandalizm. I hope they are at least investigating the possibility that the car break in might be related to her disappearance. Especially if she is not found soon. If she was injured or got lost, then they should be able to find her somewhere around the area..

I thought about that too. But it's not unusual for cars parked at trailheads to be broken into. I worry sometimes about leaving my car in a place like that for even a few hours, if nobody else is around. If the car sat there for that many days, depending on the amount of crime around that area, a break in or damage, could probably be expected.

More unusual is the fact that her cell phone and gear were not taken. But maybe the motive for the break in was mostly vandalizm. I hope they are at least investigating the possibility that the car break in might be related to her disappearance. Especially if she is not found soon. If she was injured or got lost, then they should be able to find her somewhere around the area..
There are signs all over the falls area and other hiking spots warning people about the vandalism.

This article says they found her car by pinging Annie's phone, and it led them to it, which was near the Columbia River Gorge. And that"after sitting there for days it had been broken into and ransacked."
http://www.kptv.com/story/33444439/...ing-21-year-old-hiker-in-columbia-river-gorge

This one states that when police found her car, "inside, police also found her cell phone and camping gear."
http://www.kgw.com/news/local/21-ye...issing-in-columbia-gorge-police-say/339548170

If her car had been ransacked, is it odd that her phone and camping gear would still be in the car?

Regarding the fact that her phone was left in the car, her mother (at the kgw link above) had a possible explanation for her daughter leaving her phone in the car: that her "phone is old and the battery dies quickly."

I was going to ask the same question. Why break into a car and not steal items that could be sold/traded?

And if the phone was old and would not hold a charge for long, it's interesting that people were able to ping it to track it to a location, had the phone just been sitting in the car all that time. Do we know how long she was missing when the phone was checked for pings?

This article says they found her car by pinging Annie's phone, and it led them to it, which was near the Columbia River Gorge. And that"after sitting there for days it had been broken into and ransacked."
http://www.kptv.com/story/33444439/...ing-21-year-old-hiker-in-columbia-river-gorge

This one states that when police found her car, "inside, police also found her cell phone and camping gear."
http://www.kgw.com/news/local/21-ye...issing-in-columbia-gorge-police-say/339548170

If her car had been ransacked, is it odd that her phone and camping gear would still be in the car?

Regarding the fact that her phone was left in the car, her mother (at the kgw link above) had a possible explanation for her daughter leaving her phone in the car: that her "phone is old and the battery dies quickly."

bbm
I was wondering the same.

Maybe she didn't drive her car up there herself, but it was merely made to look like she had parked there and disappeared, and the car been broken into. Someone who knows she loves to hike.

I was going to ask the same question. Why break into a car and not steal items that could be sold/traded?

And if the phone was old and would not hold a charge for long, it's interesting that people were able to ping it to track it to a location, had the phone just been sitting in the car all that time. Do we know how long she was missing when the phone was checked for pings?

I believe she disappeared Sunday. She was reported missing Wednesday. Her car was found Thursday. The car was towed and a search started Friday. I guess they probably got a warrant to check her cell phone data sometime between the time she was reported missing on Wednesday and the time her car was found on Thursday.

She was last seen on the 16th, and reported missing on the 19th. I think that's all we know. It wasn't said when they pinged her phone.

But could it be that the phone company told LE when it pinged the last time, and from where? And then they searched in that area and found her car?

I thought about that too. But it's not unusual for cars parked at trailheads to be broken into. So it could be a coincidence. I worry sometimes about leaving my car in a place like that for even a few hours, if nobody else is around. If the car sat there for that many days, depending on the amount of crime around that area, a break in or damage, could probably be expected.

Maybe she ran away and left the car like that as a diversion. Hannah Garner in Oregon did the same exact thing. Idk. But hopefully she is found safe.

I have an idea. Maybe she wwent scouting for a camp site for her camping with her mom. Then she went back to car and couldn't find keys and thought she locked them in car so she broke in and searched. Didn't find them so backtracked and still couldn't find them so walked and or hitchiked and bad person picked her up.

I hope women stop hiking alone in these secluded regions.

The stories we see are documented and for real.

There are sickos out there. And some predators search or live in desolated areas near these trails and campsites. Jmo.

Btw. Females jogging alone on country roads or biking on isolated bike paths in parks are not safe as well.

Now we know that jogging in Compton alone may get you killed or abducted. But now we need to realize that these isolated areas are not safe to be alone either.

So please go with friends. Jmo.

http://katu.com/news/local/crews-search-for-missing-21-year-old-woman-in-the-gorge

Yeah I'm 99.9% sure the car was not in the actual river.

According to the above article she is 5'4" 125.

It's not specified in the article, but from the video it sounds like she was hiking alone (at least as far as anyone knows). No information on the car as far as I can tell.

Also slightly OT but for what it's worth this is super close to where Alyssa McCrann (sp?) disappeared, or at least to where Alyssa's car was found. The dam and Multnomah Falls are probably less than 10 miles apart.

Thank you. Does she have a phone, if so what kind.. How often does she hike is it in this area te majority of the time.or was this a 1st time thing for this area if known.. is this open wood or gated to hike into area . As in public trials or private land.

yu said some as been seen missing tere before.... if it o to ask. are there any cabin or abandon houses/farms lands in these woods. Are these roads near by tar or natural dirt.

if she 5'2 154lbs does have she has a gun license or permit. Ths natural for hikers this is why I asked. Hikers always have some form of protection.

Well these kind of this are not truly natural. They are common theme for opportunity, this does say there will be finger prints and evidence of whom was there to play vandal. So it a good chance these vandals saw her as well.

this could be alot of things. 1.lost in the woods or 2 a kidnapping . More than likely there 1st one. it depends on if this a popular trial or not by the locals... Its said her mother was going to meet here there. So there was a few phone calls made. I wonder if this park area has rangers if people are camping over night like so.

I hope women stop hiking alone in these secluded regions.

The stories we see are documented and for real.

There are sickos out there. And some predators search or live in desolated areas near these trails and campsites. Jmo.

Indeed. O/T, freaks up here in the Co mountains too.

Btw. Females jogging alone on country roads or biking on isolated bike paths in parks are not safe as well.

Now we know that jogging in Compton alone may get you killed or abducted. But now we need to realize that these isolated areas are not safe to be alone either.

So please go with friends. Jmo.

jogging in Compton outright wont get you killed only if wearing a rival gang color i assume.

I have read about the area. I wonder if there's cameras near by. Camping is ok. Some folks just like being out in the open with the world away from society. lets not hold against them . But im seeing this utah/portland and a lot missing in this area . Nothing is truly safe to go alone not even public library anymore. Not scare to or paint theme to anyone, But yes please do bring the books back on time.

This looks like a misadventure or kidnapping..13k miles is pretty vast, I think she may have traveled 3-20 miles if that. She only weight 150 lbs so anything other than that distance would be asking for travel supplies. I just pray there is video camera in the entrances.

Maybe she ran away and left the car like that as a diversion. Hannah Garner in Oregon did the same exact thing. Idk. But hopefully she is found safe.

Yep, that is the first case I thought of Dexter. All that analyzing and she had done it herself lol I hope they find this girl safe.

We should check all the hiking blogs and forums for this area maybe she was on one before she went out there.

Her last snap chat was of the sunset on her hike. Does that mean she made it back to her car (phone found in car) and then ventured out again? Or was her last snap chat using someone else's phone?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Susielarios
Back