Found Deceased OR - Anna 'Annie' Schmidt, 21, Columbia River Gorge, 16 Oct 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Um, no. I've been following this since the beginning, Annie reminds me so much of my 22 yo daughter who lives in Uganda - even in looks. The initial text is, IMO, not missing deleted texts, they are too close together. IMO Annie was being silly trying to correct herself. My daughter and her roomies always talk like that, "are you coming home to me?". It's a sweet, affectionate, silly way of conversing.

I wonder why the roommate did not respond.

I agree with those who feel like LE should not be ruling out an abduction, at this point. Good point from you and others to infer that if she did take that "FILL your life with GOOD VIBES" photo that day, it could mean she went back to her car, since that is where the phone was found. How has LE ruled out the possibility that Annie is not the one who drove her car there, but that it was placed there to lead the searchers in a false direction? Is there a surveillance camera there that confirmed it was her driving there?

Someone can correct me if I'm mistaken, but I think they can look at phone records to see which tower Annie's phone connected to when last used, which gave them a geographical range to search. So even if the battery was exhausted, or the phone was turned off, they can still find the last location when used.

On the Anna Schmidt-Missing FB page, there is a photo of what I assume is her car with the trunk open, but I can't tell what kind of car it is other than a silver hatchback. I can't make out anything in the open trunk, except a large clear plastic tote. https://www.facebook.com/Anna-Schmidt-Missing-205956283173761/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE

I think this is the photo that you are talking about: https://www.facebook.com/AnnaSchmid...5956283173761/207971529638903/?type=3&theater

I, too, assume that the car in the photo belongs to Annie, but if I were them, I would edit the text portion of the post to make that clearer, and add the year, make, model, etc. of the car to it. As Humdrop mentioned above, it is strange that this really has not been addressed yet, especially when LE believe that the car has been broken into. I've been having lots of "Huh ...?" moments with this case ....

The Bonneville Dam area is very busy with tourists and hikers at the various triail heads in the area. The gorge is a very popular place to spend the day so its not isolated in every spot. October has been a very unusual rainy month here and she could have had an accident while hiking.....perhaps she was upset with something in her life and couldn't handle things anymore.....I hope she is found safe

I wonder if Annie didn't have another phone without service that she used to take pictures with. I do because I changed service providers and had to get a new phone with the new service but my previous phones has the better camera.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Um, no. I've been following this since the beginning, Annie reminds me so much of my 22 yo daughter who lives in Uganda - even in looks. The initial text is, IMO, not missing deleted texts, they are too close together. IMO Annie was being silly trying to correct herself. My daughter and her roomies always talk like that, "are you coming home to me?". It's a sweet, affectionate, silly way of conversing.

Totally agree. I would have talked to good friends like that when I was in college...especially if texting had been a thing. :) I think she's just being silly, and that it's just a series of unfortunate circumstances between her going for this walk/hike on a whim, maybe taking unwise chances in doing so, her roommate not connecting the dots in assuming she'd gone with her mom when she got no answer, etc. Sadly, it all adds up to no one realizing she was missing until days later. Could the mom and roommate have touched base before Wednesday? Sure, if they had each other's contact info, which they probably didn't, and if they really saw the warning signs for what they were. It's sad that they didn't...but I'm sure there is plenty of second guessing going on by everyone close to the situation, and they are punishing themselves enough. It's so sad. If there was indeed an abduction, I would be looking at people outside her friends and family. My prayers are with the family that they receive a miracle here.

I think this is the photo that you are talking about: https://www.facebook.com/AnnaSchmid...5956283173761/207971529638903/?type=3&theater

I, too, assume that the car in the photo belongs to Annie, but if I were them, I would edit the text portion of the post to make that clearer, and add the year, make, model, etc. of the car to it. As Humdrop mentioned above, it is strange that this really has not been addressed yet, especially when LE believe that the car has been broken into. I've been having lots of "Huh ...?" moments with this case ....
That is a search and rescue car. There is a bumper sticker that says so on the lift gate. I believe, not 100% sure that Annie had a Subaru wagon, older model.

The gorge is beautiful but a lot of trails can be dangerous. We have had a lot of rain and windstorms this month but the gorge is usually windy regardless which season we are in. Annie is a daughter of one the Piano Guys who play beautiful music. Cell phone coverage is very spotty in the area as well.

Yes...obviously the picture was probably taken on another day (if posted by Annie) and it seems pointless to focus search efforts based on that which is the reason for my comment. Many do post "are you alive" but I just found it odd that after sending that message she was shocked something was wrong and shocked she and the mother weren't camping without a tent that hadn't arrived yet. Sounds like Annie and her roommate aren't that close. And I still stand my my personal opinion that Annie's last texts were odd (looks like someone goofed). Just my personal opinions.

Very sad to see the search ending already. They only searched fri, sat, and sunday.

On the fb page, an article states her dad thinks she may have gone to set up a tent she had received but her roommate said she had ordered one but not received it yet. This is also a little contradictory in that roommate says she thought Annie was already gone camping with her mom but also said her tent had not arrived yet. Did roommate not know when mom was scheduled to arrive and when camping was planned?

Something is not right here. Several inconsistencies and odd circumstances. They are not all adding up and I truly hope LE is doing a thorough investigation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

well then it seem a little strange her roommate wasn't slightly alarmed after Annie didn't respond to her "are you alive" text on Monday the day after her hike since Annie wasn't reported missing for two more days after that. Maybe Annie goes missing for days sometimes? I agree with the inconsistencies you mentioned and hope they are looked at by investigators as well.

Good to know I have a fellow local here who seems to be on the same page as me. :happydance:

Guys, I cannot stress to you enough the weather we had that day , that weekend. Please, I beg of you to take this into serious VERY SERIOUS consideration when forming your opinion.
We had HURRICANE force winds, and rain.
I live on the western end of the gorge and the wind is very common from the east, But hurricane force winds are not. Nobody, No-one, goes out hiking in that. There may be a few weather die hards that will go to crown point to get weather gauge info on speeds. But think of it this way, would any of you have gone hiking, camping during hurricane matthew? In a tent?

Speaking of TENT, one interview the roommate says she knew of the camping trip with mom, but that the tent had not arrived yet. Next interview, roommate thought they were already camping? I find that troubling for a couple of reasons,
1-She knew of the camping trip, enough to know the "tent" hadn't arrived and that Annie had purchased it.
2-Roommate was also aware of the weather
3-Why was she "surprised" when Annie's mom showed up? She knew of the trip, knew the tent hadn't arrived...................

I'm so frustrated I'm just going to end this here.

OH, BTW, roomie is NOT Annie's friend on facebook.:gaah:

I agree. I don't necessarily think the roommate is suspect, except that all persons should be cleared when someone is missing.
I think it is plausible that Annie just went for a walk, but given the weather, it is also plausible that she either had a darker frame of mind than people think or someone else could have been involved. One think I found interesting in the interview with the roommate was her need to explain that Annie is important to a lot of people. And she said she was important to me. It did seem like either guilt or jealousy, depending on how you read it. IMO
On yet another note,risk taking is sometimes indicative of a person who needs thrills and needs some drama. I am not slamming the victim, just trying to see all the possibilities.

Good to know I have a fellow local here who seems to be on the same page as me. :happydance:

Guys, I cannot stress to you enough the weather we had that day , that weekend. Please, I beg of you to take this into serious VERY SERIOUS consideration when forming your opinion.
We had HURRICANE force winds, and rain.
I live on the western end of the gorge and the wind is very common from the east, But hurricane force winds are not. Nobody, No-one, goes out hiking in that. There may be a few weather die hards that will go to crown point to get weather gauge info on speeds. But think of it this way, would any of you have gone hiking, camping during hurricane matthew? In a tent?

Speaking of TENT, one interview the roommate says she knew of the camping trip with mom, but that the tent had not arrived yet. Next interview, roommate thought they were already camping? I find that troubling for a couple of reasons,
1-She knew of the camping trip, enough to know the "tent" hadn't arrived and that Annie had purchased it.
2-Roommate was also aware of the weather
3-Why was she "surprised" when Annie's mom showed up? She knew of the trip, knew the tent hadn't arrived...................

I'm so frustrated I'm just going to end this here.

OH, BTW, roomie is NOT Annie's friend on facebook.:gaah:

My gut instinct is she had an accident. The gorge is beautiful just like Mt Hood but alot of times nature wins when a person is in their backyard. October has been very rainy, unusual for this much rain even though Oregon is a rainy state.

Who knows, it's entirely possible she didn't see it or whatever. That said, I find the whole thing strange and feel like it's all connected.

My gut instinct is she had an accident. The gorge is beautiful just like Mt Hood but alot of times nature wins when a person is in their backyard. October has been very rainy, unusual for this much rain even though Oregon is a rainy state.

I'm in Spokane and we've had an insane amount of rain this month.

That is a search and rescue car. There is a bumper sticker that says so on the lift gate. I believe, not 100% sure that Annie had a Subaru wagon, older model.

Oh, that makes sense. Thank you for the correction. I saw the sticker, but could not make out the words.

I saw that picture and the car that has the trunk open has a search and rescue sticker on it? Wasn't sure if it was her's

Also when is the last time she was seen by her roommate sunday? I have not read that info anywhere

I keep reading conflicting information about where her phone was found. I have read that it was found in her car but I have also read that the last ping was at her car and the phone itself was found nearby but not in the car.

The twitter account belonging to Annie, who is the daughter of The Piano Guys' Jon Schmidt, has since been taken over by her roommate who appealed to the public for help in locating Annie.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-Schmidt-search-continues.html#ixzz4O2OwA36s
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Her Twitter feed is not posting a lot of photos with sayings like I had read.

[video=youtube;t5tVNT4WUf4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5tVNT4WUf4[/video]

That's my gut feeling too. But that brings the question, why haven't they found her yet? 150 people, plus search dogs and drones, searching for three days, should have been able to find some trace of her.

Not sure if someone mentioned this... SAR dogs ? At this time I'm not sure they'd need decomp dogs --and hate to even mention it. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back