Found Deceased OR - Anna 'Annie' Schmidt, 21, Columbia River Gorge, 16 Oct 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry, i meant to quote my original post from the previous page, the post is am referring to is on her personal fb page, it's one of the last comments on the first post there, the family is asking for help with the search. The last comment, including 4 replies, is really odd, and I thought maybe you guys would have some insight on it? It seems like a cryptic message, it's about truck drivers, and Sirius radio. The person who posted, their profile is strange to me. They are not her friend, and you can't view their friends list, but they have 42 followers, which I can't view. On Facebook though, I believe anyone who is your friend is by default, also your follower. The post is just strange, unless it is lyrics hat I just couldn't find with google. But maybe I am overdoing the sleuth.
He also posted in the group last night. I sent it all in to the detective but I think it's just an idiot looking for attention. If you dig, I believe his real profile/person lives in California.

Best I could figure out was maybe he was inferring to talk to truckers in the search of looking for Annie but it is very creepy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

He also posted in the group last night. I sent it all in to the detective but I think it's just an idiot looking for attention. If you dig, I believe his real profile/person lives in California.

Best I could figure out was maybe he was inferring to talk to truckers in the search of looking for Annie but it is very creepy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

It is strange, also, that it says it's a female profile. Maybe a troll, but all of the innuendos and songs he listed (i think they're songs?) are really suspect.

Thanks for this!!

Even though LE isn't able to retrieve the content of the snap she sent to her father, couldn't the metadata possibly provide some insight into her app usage that day?

For example, if she opened any snaps/stories created by her friends that day, I would think the metadata would include the time she opened it or indicate if those snaps were unopened and expired. Another possibility might be metadata that contains location information for the snap she sent her dad that day. I guess my point is... it definitely couldn't hurt to request the metadata, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It possible to all data off the phone, depends on the phone and it features.

I've been thinking about this post... It makes a very good point. In fact, I think the only reasonable explanation for the family's response is that they know something. It's the only thing that fits. Even if they knew she was depressed, or a huge daredevil, there would still be hope. Yet there just seems to be no hope. They went from thinking she was lost or injured on day 5, to thinking she had not survived on day 6.

There has got to be something they're not telling us, something that was found that first day. Perhaps a note, something on her phone or home computer, or a conversation she had with someone.

I betcha it was a suicide note left in her car. She probably said not to come find her because its too late. The guy running the Find annie page on FB deleted my question asking if the police are still holding info back. He is a jerk! Just answer my question.

Damon? He is quite rude. No speculation allowed on the page, but I thought it very rude to allow suggestions for donations. It's up to the family, but if it were my daughter missing, I think I would entertain scenarios, anxious for answers.

I know LE interviewed Annie's roommate but was there any mention of any girl friends or a boyfriend of Annie that LE interviewed?

Sorry, i meant to quote my original post from the previous page, the post is am referring to is on her personal fb page, it's one of the last comments on the first post there, the family is asking for help with the search. The last comment, including 4 replies, is really odd, and I thought maybe you guys would have some insight on it? It seems like a cryptic message, it's about truck drivers, and Sirius radio. The person who posted, their profile is strange to me. They are not her friend, and you can't view their friends list, but they have 42 followers, which I can't view. On Facebook though, I believe anyone who is your friend is by default, also your follower. The post is just strange, unless it is lyrics hat I just couldn't find with google. But maybe I am overdoing the sleuth.

I'm able to view the 42 followers. I wonder why you can't?? Most of them seem to be fellow farmville players like he/she is & are located all over the world. I don't think you have to be friends with someone to follow them on FB. Not sure though!?

Cryptic all right. But, I find her brother, Spencer's comments really creepy. It would be great to find that she was driving around with a trucker!

I'm able to view the 42 followers. I wonder why you can't?? Most of them seem to be fellow farmville players like he/she is & are located all over the world. I don't think you have to be friends with someone to follow them on FB. Not sure though!?

From my experience with Facebook, a friend is a follower, by default. If you are a follower of someone who you are notfriends with, that is a red flag.

I know LE interviewed Annie's roommate but was there any mention of any girl friends or a boyfriend of Annie that LE interviewed?

There is a video on Annie's twitter account from Oct 14th of her being goofy & saying that her roommate has more friends on Tinder than her (tinder is known as a hook up app/way to meet new people) So it doesn't sound like she was seeing anyone. But who knows...

From my experience with Facebook, a friend is a follower, by default. If you are a follower of someone who you are notfriends with, that is a red flag.

No, you don't need to be friends with someone to follow them, but anyone who you are friends with by default "follows" you.

I haven't read everything daily but would check here for updates in hope that Annie was found. So I am not sure if this has been posted yet below. If it has I apologize.

With the latest post on fb followers I checked out her about page.

I did find her likes in apps and games interesting.
Run from the cops, hide and seek.
I'm sure it is just a coincidence. Still it may give hope.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If you are a follower of someone who you are notfriends with, that is a red flag.

I follow several people on FB with whom I am not friends (Facebook or otherwise) simply because they post a lot of interesting stuff publicly, yet I have no intention on being their friend. Instead of stalking their pages like a creep, I follow them, so that their posts show up on my news feed.
So, no... It's absolutely not necessarily a red flag at all.

I think people are misunderstanding my point about followers. Yes, I know that you can follow people who you aren't friends with. My point is, while his friends list isn't published, he has 42 followers, so, because fb by default makes anyone who is your friend also your follower, then at the very most he has 42 friends. That, coupled with the weird comments, scream "something is wrong here". He isn't her friend, they seem to have no connection. The way he refers to her as love bug makes my skin crawl.

I've been following this case from the beginning and I do feel that Anna had an accident on her hike. There really is no other glaring information telling me otherwise. As far as her family believing she is deceased --- they are being realistic in the fact that if she went for a hike and didn't return, the chances of survival are slim. It wasn't good weather for a hike and she wasn't prepared. It was a mistake on her part. It is unfortunate that this area won't see a lot of visitors due to the weather/season (just like Alissa McCrann). I do hope she is found soon -- just to put her family at ease and to offer a proper burial.

Has anyone been courting this young lady since she has been living out there.

Now she asked her roommate if they wanted to hang out.

But since the roommate declined. Is it possible that someone else accepted a hangout offer?

[...]
But since the roommate declined. Is it possible that someone else accepted a hangout offer?

I've been thinking the same thing. Her detour into Beaverton could have been to pick somebody up. Surely the police would know about this, though. It seems very unlikely at this point.

Looking more closely at the trailheads near where Annie parked, I noticed there is actually a parking lot to the South, right at the Wahclella Falls trailhead. So the fact that Annie chose to park on the exit ramp (see red dot in the map below) does seem to indicate she intended to attempt the climb to Munra Point.

I found myself wondering if it was possible to hike directly from Munra Point to the Wahclella Falls trail. They are tantalizingly close, just 2000 feet (0.4 miles). It's the kind of thing I might have attempted back when I was Annie's age.

I googled it to see if I could find any info, but I couldn't find anything beyond a hiking page that says it is not possible. Google did present this somewhat comical map, though. All you need is a magic carpet or some other flying device.

I still consider this a possibility. Someone who is very adventurous could attempt something like this and find themselves in a heap of trouble. Either stuck, or lost, or worse.

attachment.php

Attachments

• annie_schmidt1.jpg
    annie_schmidt1.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 211
Question.

Do we think she was simply scouting a nice spot for moms visit.

Or do we think she just wanted to be out there for a solo hike reason.

Btw. Sorry about bringing up the religious/suicide conversation yesterday.

Because Sillybilly was right when they mentioned that religious conversations are very deep and should not be mentioned in order to avoid arguments.

But imo.

If she did commit suicide.

I would hope that the declining roommate didn't blame themselves for declining to hangout that day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meowmeowface143
Back