Found Deceased OR - Anna 'Annie' Schmidt, 21, Columbia River Gorge, 16 Oct 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Question.

Do we think she was simply scouting a nice spot for moms visit.

Or do we think she just wanted to be out there for a solo hike reason.

[...]

I'm thinking the hike to Munra Point would be too difficult and/or scary for her mom.

Munra Point is considered one of the most scenic spots in the area, with an awesome view. Annie apparently texted somebody earlier in October that she would like to hike to Munra Point sometime. Given that she parked in the perfect spot to hike to Munra Point, it seems likely she planned to hike there. She probably wanted to hike it for the view and the challenge.

I know LE interviewed Annie's roommate but was there any mention of any girl friends or a boyfriend of Annie that LE interviewed?
Is there a link showing this? I know she talked to media but I haven't seen anywhere she was interviewed by LE. I guess I missed that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Hiking Munra Point: [video]https://youtu.be/UCIj5dP-Iyo[/video]

Thanks for the video. That looks dangerous even in dry weather. What was she thinking trying to hike that alone? If she did try to hike Munra Point, I'm afraid no one will find her until Spring. Doubtful the volunteer searchers were able to get up there safely this time of year. I wonder if they sent the drones over Munra Point?

Wow, that spot around 55sec mark is one to note, and the bottom of that cliff. A breathtaking hike for sure, but not something I'd do alone either. If her parents suspect this was her route, I can absolutely see why they are resolved to her death. I hope Annie can be found before winter.

Wow, that spot around 55sec mark is one to note, and the bottom of that cliff. A breathtaking hike for sure, but not something I'd do alone either. If her parents suspect this was her route, I can absolutely see why they are resolved to her death. I hope Annie can be found before winter.

Wow indeed.
There's a photo she posted on her FB page dated 6/19 that shows possibly that hike. She's standing facing green trees etc. In the PNW, it could be any number of hikes but it could indeed be that hike??

Wow indeed.
There's a photo she posted on her FB page dated 6/19 that shows possibly that hike. She's standing facing green trees etc. In the PNW, it could be any number of hikes but it could indeed be that hike??

I'm not seeing any post for 6/19 on Annie's page. In any case, she apparently texted someone in early *October* that she wanted to hike to Munra Point.

I'm not seeing any post for 6/19 on Annie's page. In any case, she apparently texted someone in early *October* that she wanted to hike to Munra Point.

Go to her photos and scroll through....it wasn't a post but it's in the photos.

I've been reading through this thread since Annie went missing but I never had an account until now.

I just wanted to address those who thought it was strange that her parents seem to have given up and accepted her death after only 6 days. I thought it was super strange too. I do not think it is just because they are LDS and trying to be strong/realistic (I am LDS too). In other cases like Elizabeth Smart where hope seemed slim they always maintained that she was alive. (They were a prominent LDS family as well).

So I do believe that they know something that they aren't telling the public, but I am doubtful it is a suicide note or any type of hard evidence. I believe they would release something like that to give peace to all those invested in finding Annie. I really believe that the way that her mom knows she is ok and not suffering is because of personal revelation. Likely she had a dream about Annie being in heaven or a visit from Annie or other angels telling her so. Now obviously the family would not publicly release this info because it is very personal and not likely to be taken seriously by non religious people. I saw an earlier post on this thread about Annie's grandma commenting on Facebook that they have had spiritual communication with her, so that pretty much confirms my theory.

I've been reading through this thread since Annie went missing but I never had an account until now.

I just wanted to address those who thought it was strange that her parents seem to have given up and accepted her death after only 6 days. I thought it was super strange too. I do not think it is just because they are LDS and trying to be strong/realistic (I am LDS too). In other cases like Elizabeth Smart where hope seemed slim they always maintained that she was alive. (They were a prominent LDS family as well).

So I do believe that they know something that they aren't telling the public, but I am doubtful it is a suicide note or any type of hard evidence. I believe they would release something like that to give peace to all those invested in finding Annie. I really believe that the way that her mom knows she is ok and not suffering is because of personal revelation. Likely she had a dream about Annie being in heaven or a visit from Annie or other angels telling her so. Now obviously the family would not publicly release this info because it is very personal and not likely to be taken seriously by non religious people. I saw an earlier post on this thread about Annie's grandma commenting on Facebook that they have had spiritual communication with her, so that pretty much confirms my theory.

:welcome: Thanks for joining and for your insight. Although my religious beliefs would not cause me to take those dreams as evidence of anything, I can understand that Annie's family would. I certainly hope Annie is found and returned to her family. And I hope you stick around. :)

There is a new post on the FB page by someone named Annie clearing up some questions people had. After clearing up some of the info she states clearly that there is no info that the family knows that the public doesn't. After reading that I feel fairly sure Annie became lost or hurt while hiking. I'm going to guess hurt and has very possibly passed on (and hard to see because she probably fell somewhere with low visibility) because it seems to me she would have been found if she was lost. It's still possible she could have been abducted but LE and family don't believe that's what happened. If she was hiking Munra point then there would have been many easy places to have an accident. It's a dangerous hike.

Oh and hi this is my first post although I'm a long time reader.

I'm a native of Portland OR and very familiar with the area Annie went missing in as I spend a lot of time there. This case breaks my heart along with the case of Alyssa McCrann.

I saw an earlier post on this thread about Annie's grandma commenting on Facebook that they have had spiritual communication with her, so that pretty much confirms my theory.

Where did you see that? I've been following the FB thread and haven't seen that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

:welcome: DiamondDog. Thanks for joining WS. Given this new statement about what Annie's family knows, I agree that it's likely she fell and can't be seen. I think the same is true of Alissa McCrann. Another tragic case. :(

This once again drives home the advice to let someone know where you are hiking/running and to have a partner. It also makes sense to carry an effective communication device with GPS as this woman rescued in Southern Oregon did.

https://blog.delorme.com/2016/10/20/inreach-saves-life-of-hiker-in-daring-21-hour-rescue/

Unfortunately, I think you are right. The grandmother, on the FAS page, said some family members have had vivid "dream encounters" with Annie since she went missing. The grandmother said those dreams made it known she had "gone to the other side." I don't know if that's all they know, but my hunch is that LE and her family know of a note, conversation, Google search, etc that points to Annie being deceased. Just my opinion, and I hope a wrong one at that. :/

Here is what I was referring to. I never saw the post on the FAS page personally, just this on this forum a few pages back. And as I said before dreams/impressions aren't exactly hard evidence and obviously they still want to find her body. I will be praying that they do.

Finding Annie Schmidt

Thanks. I couldn't find the post earlier, for some reason. Found it. (Link.)

And for those asking: I believe the post about the Grandma having a dream was on Find Annie Schmidt group as well. It was a ways back though. It was something about various people feeling her spirit/presence and Grandma having a vivid dream.

Thanks. I couldn't find the post earlier, for some reason. Found it. (Link.)

WOW this latest post says A LOT. I didn't know if I was allowed to post anything from the latest FB post so I didn't. But a statement is made that says Annie wasn't seen on the trail and there is a camera that monitors activity of the "bridge" (I'm assuming that this is the bridge to the hiking trail) and that there was no footage of her coming under the bridge (to the trail). It also said that Annie was the type that might have taken a different route (I'm assuming out of bounds). Ok but WHAT IF someone was hiding UNDER the bridge and abducted her and dragged her away? Are there any locals on the board that are familiar with "the bridge" of this trail and whether or not this is a viable scenario?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

There are 2 Facebook groups for Annie now. The one that has been posted here and another that is not official and not run by the family but rather people who are interested in exploring other theories that are not allowed in the official FB group. I think I need to go brush up on what I can and cannot post since it's been a minute :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauraj333
Back