GUILTY OR - Brooke Wilberger, 19, Eugene, 24 May 2004 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi Everyone,

A couple of nights ago on the 6pm local news there was a clip about this case. They said there is only one other girl in Oregon that they suspect Courtney of killing. Darn, I didn't have a pencil, but they showed her picture and gave her name. She was blond and a quite similar look as Brooke.

Did anyone else see this. I've searched, and there are no new links on this. I'll call channel 8 tomorrow and get her name, as I'd like to check and see if she is listed on the missing list someone posted here.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxox Scandi

Just came to check in and say Hi.

I heard that it might be a long , long time before Courtney is tried for Brooke's death. His lawyer has filed for some type of a mental instability and I think theey are going to put him in a mental hospital . That's all I heard, but it is such a disappointment. Of course I hoped he could plea to something less than the DP by telling the world where she is.

Here are healing thoughts for all of her good friends and family who really adored her. Just like Dru Sjodins did.

Scandi

this case confuses me a bit. What evidence do they have against Courtney? I know the charges that have been filed but have they ever said what happened and how he is actually linked if they don't have a body?

I'm curious, as well....what evidence do they have linking Courtney to having abducted Brooke?

I hope they find this beautiful girl....my heart goes out to her family.

Please post any updates.

If you go to our local news home page they have an interview with Elizabeth Vargas about Brooke. It's a great interview and if you've followed this case an interesting video. Just click on sneak peak next to Brookes picture. http://www.katu.com/home.html

I was wondering if anyone here has found anything. I did a little sleuthing but was not able to find much.
I have a feeling that Brooke was not the first, and maybe not even the last. This guy is pure evil and I hope that the investigators are putting the heat on him.
The sad thing is that I had read that the investigators working the Brooke Wilberger case can't even touch him until the New Mexico system is done with him, which means that the Wilberger family just has that much longer to wait.

I think that this case should not be forgotten about by our most talented sleuthers. I think that the people who have worked so hard on other cases especially the people who have put so much into finding out about Joseph Duncan's other crimes should look into this one. I really do think that there are a lot more missing girls that Courtney can be tied to...

Anyway just my :twocents:

Anngelique said:
I just came to post this... it is scary!
Although the names of those victims have not been released, the FBI believes Courtney is a serial killer who targeted white females between the ages of 15 and 25, with blonde hair and blue eyes.

Courtney grew up in the Portland area and moved extensively. The FBI believes there may be victims in the following areas:

Albuquerque, NM
Anchorage, AK
Beaverton, OR
Bernalillo, NM
Cape Canaveral, FL
Cocoa Beach, FL
Grants, NM
Pensacola, FL
Portland, OR
Rio Rancho, NM

dontpanic38 said:
I was wondering if anyone here has found anything. I did a little sleuthing but was not able to find much.
I have a feeling that Brooke was not the first, and maybe not even the last. This guy is pure evil and I hope that the investigators are putting the heat on him.
The sad thing is that I had read that the investigators working the Brooke Wilberger case can't even touch him until the New Mexico system is done with him, which means that the Wilberger family just has that much longer to wait.

I think that this case should not be forgotten about by our most talented sleuthers. I think that the people who have worked so hard on other cases especially the people who have put so much into finding out about Joseph Duncan's other crimes should look into this one. I really do think that there are a lot more missing girls that Courtney can be tied to...

Anyway just my :twocents:

The last I read was that he was pretty much cleared of 2 disappearances here in Oregon but that they are still looking at him as a possible suspect in at least one maybe two disappearances. They are definitely looking at him in other states as well because he traveled and they are pretty positive Brooke was not his first time.

I just heard Brooke's mother, Cammy, address the students, faculty and friends of Oregon State University. Her strength was firmly shown in her voice, and her thankfulness for all the help given by the OSU family to find Brooke could be felt in the words she chose to address them. I could not help but cry as I watched and listened to her. A heartfelt moment in time.

http://www.katu.com/news/story.asp?ID=85544 There is no link yet, it will be out tomorrow, but this article tells what she planned to say and why.

Can you believe it has been 2 whole years since Brooke vanished off the face of the earth? The deed itself was so unfathomable to me, stealing a young lady in broad daylight, obviously by such a quick force that made her helpless to save herself.

I simply want to thank Brooke's mother and family for all they have been during this tragedy and all the friends who have helped her along the way.

And I want to keep Brooke's spirit alive here at WS. I could not locate an open thread on her tonight!

Brooke reminds me so much of Dru Sjodin, it is amazing. Both kindred spirits now I think.

Scandi

I think about Brooke often, My heart goes out to her family........

I was always confused on this case. I know Courtney was arrested and charged in relation to Brooke but what was the evidence against him?

mocity said:
I was always confused on this case. I know Courtney was arrested and charged in relation to Brooke but what was the evidence against him?

I believe there was some DNA that was found in the vehicle that he used to own coupled with his past crimes. Someone correct me if that is wrong.

Whatever it was in his van that was found by the forensic team, it had to be very substantial for them to charge him. The Corvallis police are by the book men. Tough as nails they are!

Sorry, but I don't have even one little piece of a soft spot in my heart for this perv, at all! I just picture Brooke's mother. That is enough!

Hi Anngelique!

Scandi

why haven't they said what evidence they have that indicates he raped and killed brooke?

Hi Mocity,

I think this police dept will keep everything they can under tabs. So far the only time they really let anything out was when they needed info from the public. To name him as her suspected killer to the general public was a very major move on their part, so it must be a pretty airtight case they have against him.

They don't really have an obligation to let the public know anything before trial, at least I don't think so. There is no danger from this guy now. And the less out there the better for influencing a jury pool.

Just awful for those of us who want to know every little thing, right? LOL

From what I read about this guy, he isn't too smart. He's known for leaving a messy crime scene as I remember it, which maybe is what he likes, to revel in after it's all done.

Scandi

Wilbergers sue suspect’s employer

The family of Brooke Wilberger has filed a lawsuit against the company that employed the man now charged with aggravated murder in her disappearance.

Wilberger’s parents, Cammie and Greg, filed the complaint against Creative Building Maintenance.

They claim the company did not complete a background check on Joel Courtney when it hired him, and failed to supervise his activities.

rest of article at http://www.gtconnect.com/articles/2006/05/20/news/community/sat07.txt

With permission, I am posting a message that Sharon, Maura's boyfriend's mother posted today at www.mauramurray.com

"Hello All,

Just spoke to the producer of 20/20

He says that the 'Vanished" show about Maura and Brooke Wilburger has been one of the highest rated shows of the year.

Also, the show is tentatively schedule to re-air on Friday August 25 - if not that date, then the following week on Friday on September 1

He is to call me to let me know if the showing will be 8/25 or 9/1 -- I promise to keep you posted.

Don't know if you are aware, but a recent national show was the reason that Laura McKenzie was located - let's pray that this second airing will give us some postivie results in locating Maura!

Sharon"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back