GUILTY OR - Brooke Wilberger, 19, Eugene, 24 May 2004 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Benton County District Attorney John Haroldson describes how Joel Courtney attempted to abduct two other young women before taking Brooke Wilberger at knifepoint on May 25, 2005. Courtney raped and murdered Wilberger the next day.

http://www.kval.com/home/video/60080062.html

Wow, they had NO leads to point them in the direction of where her remains were found.

I have to wonder who the owner of the property was and how the property was used? I'm surprised no one found her before now.

And I hope they put him in whatever prison is worse...here or NM.

Thanks to both you Kimster and SuzieQ for all the info you gave in yur posts. I had to leave unexpectedly so appreciated coming back to your posts.

The TV was on KOIN when I got back and he was giving thank you's to all who have helped in the case. I heard the word Philomath mentioned and am wondering if the preperty where they found her could be there. I read on Twitter that she was in the woods of the Coastal range and that is a bit further west, right? xox

They are rehashing what was said by the Benton Co. DA. Posing as a Fed Ex worker, etc. Her mom is happy to have closure. Brooke's mom even has gratitude to Mr. Courtney. They are thankful justice was served and Courtney can go on with what is left of his life.

I wonder how her dad is doing. I remember him well.

Benton County District Attorney John Haroldson describes how Joel Courtney attempted to abduct two other young women before taking Brooke Wilberger at knifepoint on May 25, 2005. Courtney raped and murdered Wilberger the next day.

http://www.kval.com/home/video/60080062.html

I think Mr Haroldson is a real hero for Brooke and her family. I just read he is the one who negotiated the deal with Courtney which led to the finding of her remains.

Thanks to both you Kimster and SuzieQ for all the info you gave in yur posts. I had to leave unexpectedly so appreciated coming back to your posts.

The TV was on KOIN when I got back and he was giving thank you's to all who have helped in the case. I heard the word Philomath mentioned and am wondering if the preperty where they found her could be there. I read on Twitter that she was in the woods of the Coastal range and that is a bit further west, right? xox

Yes. In order to go to the coast from Corvallis, you drive through Philomath. That's why I wonder if he went to the Kings Valley area as that it is west of Philomath and VERY woodsy.

OH! And the Kings Valley area has a lot of private property vs. government owned property

Yes. In order to go to the coast from Corvallis, you drive through Philomath. That's why I wonder if he went to the Kings Valley area as that it is west of Philomath and VERY woodsy.

Thanks Kimster, I just looked at a map and see you go west from Corvallis to Philomath and the road bends up northwest to Kings Valley. It looks like that might be at the edge of a forest so I bet you are right. That wouldn't take that long then to drive back to town for food do you think, what, 1/2 hour? I wonder if he fed her, saying that as it looks like his intent was to use her and not initially to kill her.

OH! And the Kings Valley area has a lot of private property vs. government owned property

I'm not familiar with the area at all. The furthest south I've been is traveling from PDX through Newberg etc. to Lincoln City.

How far west of Corvallis do you think she was?

Thanks Kimster, I just looked at a map and see you go west from Corvallis to Philomath and the road bends up northwest to Kings Valley. It looks like that might be at the edge of a forest so I bet you are right. That wouldn't take that long then to drive back to town for food do you think, what, 1/2 hour? I wonder if he fed her, saying that as it looks like his intent was to use her and not initially to kill her.

Actually, it would take less than a half hour to get food at all kinds of places in Philomath from there. I've attended an annual Renaissance Faire up there a few times and the road goes pretty quickly.

I got that too, that he didn't plan on killing her. Bless her heart, she didn't know how to deal with such EVIL! She was such an innocent child.

I guess to JPC they were on a "date" and she wasn't very appreciative. What an evil entity.

I liked the way Mrs. Wilberger compared their family situation with regard to the case and an iceberg, which the public sees.

Such a graceful woman putting up a composed face in public but you could feel the heartbreak in the quiver of her voice as she spoke.

So heartbreaking.

Bless the Wilbergers and now Brooke can finally rest in peace. Justice is served and Brooke has been brought home.

Thanks too, to all the LE who worked so long and hard on this case, until they brought it to a successful conclusion. Not the conclusion that anyone wanted, but at least to an end, for LE and the public. Now her family can finally move forward and knowing they did everything they could humanly do for Brooke.

Such a beautiful young woman taken so senselessly,
:(
fran

Thanks to everyone for all of the updates. I'm glad that Brooke has finally been brought home, even with these unfortunate circumstances. May she rest in peace and may her family also have peace.

Brooke was LDS. Most likely a virgin. I hope JPC rots in hell. And I hope he travels there soon.

Yep. Can you imagine how ridiculous it is to imagine that she went with him to do drugs? Not that I didn't know some BYU students who were on the wild side; but she wasn't the type.

I hate this man.

I am so happy that Brooke was found. I followed this from the beginning. I can only hope that others are found too.
God Bless the Wilberger family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HazardPay
Back