GUILTY OR - Brooke Wilberger, 19, Eugene, 24 May 2004 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He's basically saying until a body is found the parents always have hope they are still alive. The DA had to call them and break their heart and smash their hopes and tell them she was dead.

Thank you, my fellow sleuthers, for coming here and caring about Brooke. For those who come later, thank you also!

May the Lord heal the Wilberger family and this community. I thank Him that Brooke will be laid to rest with dignity.

I can't express how sick and disgusted I am over the details of JPC's romanticised version of events. I can't imagine what it will be like to read it when the docs come out.

wilberger1a.jpg

I can't express how sick and disgusted I am over the details of JPC's romanticised version of events. I can't imagine what it will be like to read it when the docs come out.

I couldn't agree more! When the DA said he is on his way back to New Mexico, I was GLAD! I hate the thought of being this close to that . I want him as far away from here as possible!

Brooke was LDS. Most likely a virgin. I hope JPC rots in hell. And I hope he travels there soon.

Brooke was LDS. Most likely a virgin. I hope JPC rots in hell. And I hope he travels there soon.

I wonder how they are doing up in the Veneta/Elmira area, which is where she and her family lived. I'll tell you what, there was a time when every car and store had pictures of Brooke in their windows around here. I am very sad it took this long, and thankful the day is here - all at the same time.

Our local news will be on in 10 minutes for the Eugene area, Brooke's hometown. I'll be sure to report.

RIP Brooke.

I'm very upset right now....

Thank you SS! I wasn't a member here when this case broke, as you know. But believe me, we were all involved around here. I have to say, I've learned a lot more about searching since I've been on WS and wish I had this knowledge back then.

Also, I'm thinking that it would be good if property owners around where Lindsey Baum lives would search their own properties. These are highly wooded areas and no one would know them better, in some cases.

Another thing....as those check in for the news here. Please pray again for the family of Jennifer and Adrianna Wix. They've been waiting even longer than the Wilbergers and have had ZERO justice. And pray for all the OTHERS represented here, that they would have JUSTICE and their remains be returned to those families who suffer to this day.

:praying:

RIP Brooke.
May her family find some solace and peace now.

I'm going to be watching KEZI news out of Eugene. The other stations are KMTR and KVAL, if anyone needs to know. These are the stations from Brooke's home town.

Brooke is on the news...showed her mom saying she is thankful for her remains.

They are rehashing what was said by the Benton Co. DA. Posing as a Fed Ex worker, etc. Her mom is happy to have closure. Brooke's mom even has gratitude to Mr. Courtney. They are thankful justice was served and Courtney can go on with what is left of his life.

Courtney will finish out his 18 year sentence in New Mexico and then they will assess as to whether he'll go from there.

Oregon AG feels the Benton DAs office handled the case well in the face with public scrutiny. His office worked closely with the Benton Co. DA. (the AG was in Eugene today)

The community is absolutely stunned with the news. It brings up a lot of old memories.

KEZI news is going to do a timeline history of this case at 6PM PST.

DA describes murder: 'His intent was that no one ever find her'

As a green van trolled the streets near the Oregon State Campus, 19-year-old Brooke Wilberger cleaned and repaired lamp posts outside an apartment complex

The van rolled by Wilberger, the driver having already attempted to talk to another young woman who fled from the man behind the wheel, Joel Courtney.
Courtney passed Wilberger, then tried to approach another young woman who ran from him.
Courtney turned around and returned to the parking lot where Wilberger was working, pulling the van between the apartment complex and Wilberger.
He got out with a Fed Ex package in his hand, acted like he was looking for a place to deposit the parcel -- then pulled a knife on Wilberger.

More at link:
http://www.kval.com/news/local/60012167.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CapeCodTodd