GUILTY OR - Brooke Wilberger, 19, Eugene, 24 May 2004 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.gazettetimes.com/news/local/article_b841ef3c-a6da-11de-8cce-001cc4c002e0.html

(snip)
As part of a plea deal reached with prosecutors, Courtney has been sentenced to life in prison without possibility of parole. As part of the agreement, Courtney gave investigators information that led to the recovery of her remains. Settlement conferences between Courtney and the Benton County District Attorney John Haroldson, aimed at reaching an agreement, have been taking place for the past several weeks.
Haroldson did not release any information about when or where Wilberger's body was found.
A press conference in the case has been scheduled for 4 p.m. today at the Corvallis-Benton County Public Library, 645 N.W. Monroe Ave.

Oh I am so happy her family finally has her back, but I am so very sad about the circumstances.

Brooke's family is in my prayers today. I am so happy that she can finally be laid to rest where her family can come visit her instead of being alone, god knows where.

And personally, I'm glad he won't get the death penalty. I think death is too easy of a consequence for this man's actions. I'm perfectly happy to know he will rot in prison for the rest of his life.

I'm anxiously awaiting the presser. It seems weird to be happy when someone is found dead. But I am happy that the Wilberger's can bury their daughter now.

The presser is due any minute but I don't know if it will be carried live. Maybe a local station in Kimster's area will have it live. xox

Thanking and taking a moment to pause for the Willbergers.

Abducted, raped, murdered and left her in the woods.

JPC will serve the rest of his life in prison.

Praising the Wilbergers. They will have the opportunity to lay Brooke to rest properly. Please respect what they must indure at this time.

Thanks for the support last five years. They are grateful to LE and people who searched and never gave up hope. Grateful to all in the DA's office. Appreciates their kindness and keeping them in the loop.

Grateful to the judicial system that made this happen. Gratitude to even JPC for telling them where Brooke was.

Giving details of the abduction. Sorry I can't type as fast as they are speaking.

This speaker is making me cry! Yes, Corvallis is like a family. :-( My son is a manager at a store there and loves it.

Oh, I am soooooooooooo sad.

This speaker brings all cases to my heart...what a fabulous speech. Brooke would be very proud of him.

Brooke ultimately died of blunt force trauma to the head. He had tricked her by holding a fed ex envelope and was able to get close. Abducted her by knifepoint.

Recovery process is not yet complete. To protect the integrity of the recovery. Will not draw attention to that area until it's complete.

Might be completed in a week. In Benton County. JPC provided specific details that led them right to the area.

Her remains are in Benton Co. (next to my county) on private property. They will not release the area until all of her remains are recovered.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx
Back