OR OR - David Grubbs, 23, Ashland, 19 Nov 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That must have been very disconcerting for your husband! I'm glad it didn't escalate further.

Still impatiently waiting for this case to be solved!

Thanks. I'm glad too!

I really wonder what happened regarding the searches LE did almost two years ago (or was it three?). They never said a word that I recall. But if they are building a case, they wouldn't. I'm sure it's frustrating for LE and David's family. I can't imagine.:(

Long shot, but how about Morrison Haze Lampley as the potential killer? He, and 2 others, were just arrested for 2 recent random murders in norther California. (All three alleged killers look like meth heads.)

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2015/10/homeless_suspect_in_california.html

He was arrested carrying a sword along the Eastbank Esplanade in Portland, a pedestrian and bicycle path, back in Dec. 2010. He was also arrested carrying a 5 inch knife in July 2012 in Mountain View California. It is clear from the recent murders that he has no compunction to kill.

Long shot, but how about Morrison Haze Lampley as the potential killer? He, and 2 others, were just arrested for 2 recent random murders in norther California. (All three alleged killers look like meth heads.)

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2015/10/homeless_suspect_in_california.html

He was arrested carrying a sword along the Eastbank Esplanade in Portland, a pedestrian and bicycle path, back in Dec. 2010. He was also arrested carrying a 5 inch knife in July 2012 in Mountain View California. It is clear from the recent murders that he has no compunction to kill.

LA's mug shot.....er....meth much? JMO

I'd be real curious to know if he's on APD's list of potential POI's. Also curious if he has any ties to Ashland.

Good catch! Lots of questions about an Ashland connection. If his family lives in Oregon, I imagine he's passed through here. And it looks like he's into random killings. I always wondered if David was in the wrong place and ran into someone just passing through here who left town immediately after the murder.

More about Lampley...

Facebook profile that appears to belong to Lampley says he went to San Diego State University at some point, though administrators at the school said Friday that ,they had no records of him attending the university.A photo he shared in August reads simply “Share this if you admit that you’re weird and you just don’t care.” Another picture Lampley posted depicts the character Tony Montana from the movie “Scarface” smoking a cigar with the words, “There are three things you should know about me” at the top. Below the picture the text reads “1. My circle is small 2. I’m loyal to the end 3. Never f— me over.”
With the photo Lampley wrote only, “For real.”
http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Suspects-in-two-high-profile-Bay-Area-killings-6561227.php

Lampley is 23 now, so he would have been 19 at the time of David's murder. That's a bit young to be so weird, but then again, he was caught with a sword 11 months before David was killed.

Lampley is 23 now, so he would have been 19 at the time of David's murder. That's a bit young to be so weird, but then again, he was caught with a sword 11 months before David was killed.

On his FB page in August he claims to have killed someone. Four years would be a "long time ago" to someone that age IMO.

In a Facebook post in August, Lampley listed each letter of the alphabet with a corresponding fact about himself. Next to the letter “H,” he wrote, “Hometown: San Francisco.” Next to the letter “I,” he wrote, “In love with,” with a link to Alligood’s profile.
Next to the letter “K,” he wrote, “Killed someone? Yea long time ago

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Suspects-in-two-high-profile-Bay-Area-killings-6561227.php

good link Lilibet.

Investigators are now looking into other unsolved killings to see if Lampley, Angold and Alligood might be involved, officials said.

“It appears that we have three people that all identify as lost souls,” said Marin County sheriff’s Lt. Doug Pittman. “We’re trying to identify exactly what their motive was, what their state of mind (was). All of this will come into play in the prosecution.”

Thanks! :) I just passed it along to the APD Chief via email. I'm sure they're already on it, but I don't like leaving it to chance. The part about the sword and having killed before is chilling.

Has anyone found the FB pages for these three?

Definitely better safe than sorry!
Regarding FB pages, it's definitely worth checking into, but I'd be "pleasantly surprised" if they had active FB pages as they seem to be focused on meth. JMO, of course.

On a mugshot website (just mugshots), I found 10 arrests for Lampley in various parts of Oregon dating back to 2011. Mostly or all misdemeanors for drugs and weapons. That's just in Oregon. MSM also reports arrests in San Diego and Mountain View CA.

He was arrested August 28, 2011 (three months before David's murder) for possessing a weapon in a park in Portland. He was arrested again two times in the spring of 2012 for the same offense. I can't tell if they were all swords.

Maybe on his way back to SF, they can bring him by Ashland for questioning. It's right off I-5. I can dream!

Today marks four years since David was murdered. We won't forget. :heartbeat:

It is not a cold case.

More information and interview with David's mother in the video at the link:
https://kobi5.com/news/local-news/t...bs-was-murdered-on-an-ashland-bike-path-4907/

I didn't find the video at the link...but then I'm not always the most observant!

I can't believe it's been 4 years. I am shocked that the case hasn't been solved. It wasn't exactly a subtle crime.

My thoughts are with David's family and everyone who knew and cared about him.

I didn't find the video at the link...but then I'm not always the most observant!

I can't believe it's been 4 years. I am shocked that the case hasn't been solved. It wasn't exactly a subtle crime.

I'm sorry the video didn't show up for you. I checked and it's at the top of the story, but I'm on a mobile device, so I don't know if that makes a difference. If you go to KOBI.com and Local News and scroll down quite a bit, it shows up. HTH

It is hard to believe it's been four years. Last evening I read most of the thread and everyone was so hopeful early on. I wasn't on WS back then, but I remember all the news stories. It wouldn't surprise me if APD has a good idea who did it, but doesn't have enough evidence for an arrest. That happens a lot, sadly.

I didn't know David, but I was at Shop n Kart about two hours before David was killed. A very friendly, tall kid helped me find some tea and when I saw the pictures, I was pretty sure it was David. My heart aches for his parents, family and friends.

Here is the link to the KOBI video from YouTube. I hope this works. :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQZwp8nz5w

No new son my son' s murder either..never any news...Been almost eights years now. Troy's mom

I'm so sorry Linda. I just posted on Troy's thread too. Trying to bump these cases on WS. Hugs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back