OR OR - David Grubbs, 23, Ashland, 19 Nov 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@MedicatedGarden I meant to reply and encourage you to give LE this tip, now that this person is in jail. It might give David’s parents some peace.

It is certainly worth a try Lilibet to reach out to @MedicatedGarden. The sad reality is that this poster only posted 5 times, all about this specific case, in the space of 6 months or so, and has not posted again in nearly 2 years. I am hoping this poster on his/her own decided to go to LE with the information that possibly could be tied to this horrible case. It is so wrong that this family does not have answers yet. God bless them, and anyone who might be able to provide the info that could ease their pain.

It is certainly worth a try Lilibet to reach out to @MedicatedGarden. The sad reality is that this poster only posted 5 times, all about this specific case, in the space of 6 months or so, and has not posted again in nearly 2 years. I am hoping this poster on his/her own decided to go to LE with the information that possibly could be tied to this horrible case. It is so wrong that this family does not have answers yet. God bless them, and anyone who might be able to provide the info that could ease their pain.

I hope LE has already been contacted too, Coco. This member posted less than a year ago in Jan 2018 and was on WS this month, so I thought it was worth a shot. I still see David’s poster when I go to Shop’nKart where he worked and it’s heartbreaking. :(

I am very scared. The ties to serious gangs and his family are very much serious in nature, but theres a chance too that the local cab driver who was shot and killed his name is Huey? Tie die shirt. Could have been connected to this same person who is likely the murderer of Mr. Grubbs. There us a drug element, gang influence, setious potential for harm. Word is that even though hes in prison now, his rank is rising and he has OGs that look to keep this info private. Maybe the cab driver saw too much on a ride home from ashland?

I carry this info like a syone in my stomache but everyone says its too dangerous and not my business, but it keeps me up and is with me through evety task. Hopefully ive said enough to help without getting into trouble. Im not sure anymore. If ever. Im part of the sadness silence causes but what would the ramifications of my giving this up do. What if i make a mistake?

Last edited:
I am very scared. The ties to serious gangs and his family are very much serious in nature, but theres a chance too that the local cab driver who was shot and killed his name is Huey? Tie die shirt. Could have been connected to this same person who is likely the murderer of Mr. Grubbs. There us a drug element, gang influence, setious potential for harm. Word is that even though hes in prison now, his rank is rising and he has OGs that look to keep this info private. Maybe the cab driver saw too much on a ride home from ashland?

I understand your fear MG. Medford is a gang hot spot. I remember Huey’s murder, almost a year after David’s. For anyone reading who is not familiar with it, here are a couple of links.

An anonymous letter with information was sent to the Medford Police Chief. The person who wrote it has not been found.
Letter may hold clue to murder of taxi driver

Five years later (2017) it is still unsolved and his wife of 23 years is still in pain. My heart aches for her:

upload_2018-12-28_8-35-54.jpeg

“I pray every single day, 'Please Lord, give the person that did this a conscience,' ” Susan said. "I need closure."

The suspect description hasn't changed since 2012: a white male between 25 and 35, 6-feet-1 and between 170 and 190 pounds with pockmarks and acne on his face. That night he's believed to have worn a black baseball cap, black jacket and jeans.

Susan believes someone knows what happened but is afraid of Huey's killer. Withholding the information makes them "just as guilty as the person who did it," she said.

Cabbie's murder still unsolved

I carry this info like a syone in my stomache but everyone says its too dangerous and not my business, but it keeps me up and is with me through evety task. Hopefully ive said enough to help without getting into trouble. Im not sure anymore. If ever. Im part of the sadness silence causes but what would the ramifications of my giving this up do. What if i make a mistake?

MG, my heart aches for you too. You have information through no fault of your own. Clearly you have a conscience that is weighed down by your knowledge. People telling you it’s too dangerous and not your business obviously know what you know. What if one of them says something about you to the wrong person without meaning to? I sense that in reaching out to us at WS you are looking for a way to help these two families without getting killed. Perhaps you are hoping that we will contact the police for you. According to our rules, we can’t do that. From the rules:

NOTE: Websleuths does not condone members becoming personally involved in cases by initiating contact with family members, law enforcement, or the media. This does not preclude responding to a request for volunteers, or utilizing proper channels to report valid information, i.e., "a tip", to law enforcement.

Rules - Etiquette & Information
The only “tip” we could provide the police is a link to this thread.

As you can see from the anonymous letter about Huey, their hands are tied without talking to the person who wrote it (and who obviously went to a lot of trouble to remain anonymous).

If the police learn of this thread on WS, they will be able to issue a subpoena and find you. From the rules:

LAW ENFORCEMENT

Members of Law Enforcement regularly read at WS. Generally they contact WS Admins when they register, but there is no requirement that they do so. Unless they ask us to, we do not publicly identify them, but all posters should be aware that public comments about illegal activity could bring them attention they may not want. WS receives subpoenas on a regular basis from various agencies. WS will comply with all valid subpoenas received.

The ramifications of you contacting the police are multiple. Your conscience would be clear, for starters. Your information could solve one or both cases. Or it might not. Worst case scenario, you risk your life. Telling the police could also be a protection, since other people know what you know.

I don’t think anyone can tell you what to do MG, but here’s what I would do. I would buy a “burner phone” (assuming they aren’t traceable, but I don’t know for sure) and call the detectives assigned to both cases, explain the danger I am in before giving information and ask what will happen. Maybe even that is too dangerous. I don’t know. But sometimes it’s important to risk our personal safety for a higher good. That’s what you have to decide and I’m so sorry that you are in this “between a rock and a hard place” situation. Hugs and prayers for you.

Lillibet you are such a kind soul. I think i will get a burner today. I didnt know that you couldnt submit tips by members info here. Now I feel even worse, having jut figured it out two years after posting. I was hoping someone had submitted it to police. They have to monitor these sites you'd think. Lillibet, i had heard that f.r. had been responsible for heuy from 2 different people. I think its a pretty likely scenario given this guys violence i.e. shooting roomate in stomache with a shotgun over small amount of dope.

Lillibet you are such a kind soul. I think i will get a burner today. I didnt know that you couldnt submit tips by members info here. Now I feel even worse, having jut figured it out two years after posting. I was hoping someone had submitted it to police. They have to monitor these sites you'd think. Lillibet, i had heard that f.r. had been responsible for heuy from 2 different people. I think its a pretty likely scenario given this guys violence i.e. shooting roomate in stomache with a shotgun over small amount of dope.

MG, I’m sorry I didn’t discern that you were hoping we would submit the tip when you first posted and tell you then. It took me until today to figure it out! I was a little slow. :)

As I said, I don’t know for sure that LE (law enforcement) can’t trace a burner phone. Google to be sure. Here’s a link I found.
https://www.quora.com/Can-police-track-a-prepaid-phone

There may be a better way to contact LE anonymously, so let’s research it before you do it. The thing is, at some point they may need to know who you are in order to make a case, but that’s something you need to find out when you talk to them before giving info. I’m sure they can reassure you. :) You are brave!

Lillibet thanks for the info and links. I am going to email the APD and keep myself as anonymous as possible.

I’m so glad to hear that MG! I hope your information will help. I asked for advice for you here on WS and it was suggested that you could consult an attorney who might be able to advise you about what to do. I’m not sure if that’s possible for you, but it’s something to think about that hadn’t occurred to me. I will keep you in my prayers. :)

Beau Hamer, who worked with Grubbs at Ashland’s “Shop’n Kart,” says he was a genuine friend who could always make someone smile.
upload_2019-11-19_21-3-55.jpeg
The day Grubbs was murdered Hamer says the two were working the same shift.

“He got off an hour earlier and then I remember going home and seeing the flashing lights,” said Hamer. “I found out that night… but, you know, I’ll never forget.”

As the years go by, Hamer says he’s still frustrated police don’t have answers as to who killed his friend.

Hamer says he tries to forget the tragedy of what happened by remembering the wonderful, kind-hearted person David was.

The city is currently offering a reward of over $22,000 for information about what happened.
Police still searching for answers in murder of 23-year-old | KMVU Fox 26 Medford

Nov 18 2019
Eights years later: David Grubbs murder remains unsolved - KOBI-TV NBC5 / KOTI-TV NBC2
"A suspect was never named but police did release the name of a person of interest. Christian Delaurentiis was convicted several years ago in Washington County for killing and dismembering his roommate.

Police say he was living in the Ashland area at the time of Grubbs murder and left soon after he was killed. But they’ve never been able to talk to Delaurentiis and have yet to link him to the case.

“This remains on the collective consciousness of the Ashland community and of course on [Grubbs] family more than anything – that this is still an open case and not solved,” said Chief O’Meara.

Police say continuing to share the story of Grubbs may help to one day lead to new information".

I still think about David to this day. I never knew him, but he sounds like he was a wonderful, everyday person. He is "everyone's son" in my mind.
Clearly the person who killed him is unstable and needs a huge amount of 'help'. We can't let this unbalanced individual continue to the roam the streets.

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE FROM TRICIA:

Hey Friends,

This is very important. Please listen to my latest podcast, Websleuths Radio Podcast.

You can find it on Apple here and on Spotify here.
Or anywhere you can find true crime podcasts.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to Websleuths and our podcast for you to listen and ask your friends to listen as well. If Websleuths is going to continue (forum and podcast) we need you to listen to Websleuths Radio Podcast.

We need you to listen, ask your friends to listen and ask their friends to listen. Please get the word out. There is a new podcast in town and it is one you do not want to miss.

This week Heather Robinson Ramos. As a baby, Heather's mom was killed by serial killer John Robinson. Robinson then "adopted" baby Heather to his brother and his wife.

Also, please listen to the new podcast called Detective Trapp. To help Websleuths check out a little taste of this podcast.
Detective Trapp on Apple Podcasts

Thank you to everyone.

Tricia
Owner, Websleuths

Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting on websleuths, being new to the website. I sincerely hope I don't break any rules so will be very careful regarding details.

I only read about David's case yesterday via Reddit and it really moved me, especially that there has not been any closure to it.

I decided to do some further reading on the case and visited a website that details crimes within the state of Oregon. Above the article on David was an article on a man who is 21 and being charged with the murder of his roommate towards the end of 2019. He is also now being investigated in regards to the disappearance and death of his aunt in 2016, when he was 18.

By curiosity I happened to visit his Facebook page and 3 months before David's murder, so I guess when he was about 13, he posted a video showing off the swords that his grandfather had recently given him. I believe I have read that police think he may have been murdered with a sword so I felt that was relevant. He also lived in Shady Cove, 34 miles away from Ashland.

It may very well be nothing, but I feel that the close proximity, 2 further potential murders and the video just 3 months before the murder were something to consider.

I apologise if I haven't posted in the right place! If it is allowable to give further information, please let me know and I will post. I wanted to err on the side of caution for now until I understand the rules.

Main thing is that I hope they can get closure for the case and my thoughts are with his family.

Perfect first post!!
Thank you for sharing that insight. That's very interesting and something worth looking into.

and welcome to Websleuths!

Thank you snoopster!

I did pass the information over the the police chief who came back to me to say he would be passing it on to the detective in charge of the case. He said he would let me know if anything came of it so I'll keep you all posted too if I hear anything more.

Seriously?? There haven't been any updates since my last post in Jan 2020??
I guess it's common that a person would be walking along a bike path in a city and get his head chopped off with a sword?? Surely LE has come up with more info in this case, right?

Hopefully it's just because I missed the new thread about this case. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back