Found Safe OR - Demi Helenius, 23, Portland, 5 Aug 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It would be interesting if there is video footage of the DQ parking lot to see if possibly Demi had been there. There would have been no real reason for her to, since she should have been at the conference. My other thought is, why did he have the phone if he hadn't gotten out of his car because he was going through the drive through? Seems more likely that the person who took her was the one to give it to DQ as a way to ping the phone far away from where she actually was. For all we know she was in the trunk. I wonder if he was an attendee at the conference and offered to give her a ride back to her hotel. Was anyone else missing the next day either from the conference or from work at the Embassy Suites? Either someone who didn't show up or called in sick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the man who turned the phone in told the detectives he saw someone in a car throw the cell phone out the window....

"Police were able to obtain the license plate number of the car that dropped off the phone, thanks to surveillance tapes provided by Dairy Queen. Detectives contacted to the man and were told that he found the phone in a parking lot nearby the Dairy Queen after he saw someone throw it from a car."

Let's hope he can describe the car.

Thank you. She lives in Rock Creek, which is just outside (east) of Portland. So it is very unusual for her to drive south on I-5.

This article gave a link the the Landmark Forum: http://www.oregonlive.com/washingtoncounty/index.ssf/2017/08/washington_county_woman_missin.html

The Landmark Forum:
http://www.landmarkworldwide.com/the-landmark-forum
The Landmark Forum offers a practical methodology for producing breakthroughs—achievements that are extraordinary, outside of what’s predictable. The Landmark Forum is grounded in a model of transformative learning—a way of learning that gives people an awareness of the basic structures in which they know, think, and act. From that awareness comes a fundamental shift that leaves people more fully in accord with their own possibilities and those of others. Participants find themselves able to think and act beyond existing views and limits—in their personal and professional lives, relationships, and wider communities of interest.

It would be interesting if there is video footage of the DQ parking lot to see if possibly Demi had been there. There would have been no real reason for her to, since she should have been at the conference. My other thought is, why did he have the phone if he hadn't gotten out of his car because he was going through the drive through? Seems more likely that the person who took her was the one to give it to DQ as a way to ping the phone far away from where she actually was. For all we know she was in the trunk. I wonder if he was an attendee at the conference and offered to give her a ride back to her hotel. Was anyone else missing the next day either from the conference or from work at the Embassy Suites? Either someone who didn't show up or called in sick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what we know so far it doesn't sound like the phone guy was involved with the conference at all.

Around 5 p.m. Monday, her car was found behind a gas station in Cottage Grove, which is about 10 miles south of Creswell (Dairy Queen) on the I-5 corridor.

5efcda29-d2ce-4d17-a29d-69234bcbabe7-medium36x25_IMG_8182.JPG

3e25a66c-b50e-4cbc-a9bf-d5d4cd5808fe-medium36x25_IMG_8189.JPG

e751c83f-bc74-4f69-81d8-cf12f74b9695-medium36x25_IMG_8183.JPG

http://katu.com/news/local/search-f...-continues-car-and-phone-found-in-lane-county

Thank you. She lives in Rock Creek, which is just outside (east) of Portland. So it is very unusual for her to drive south on I-5.

She lives in Washington County, where the missing persons report was filed. There is a Rock Creek neighborhood out near Hillsboro too. Google Portland Community College Rock Creek Campus to see the general area.

BBM Regardless of where she lives in the Portland metro area, IME driving on I-5 South is not an unusual event.

She lives in Washington County, where the missing persons report was filed. There is a Rock Creek neighborhood out near Hillsboro too. Google Portland Community College Rock Creek Campus to see the general area.

BBM Regardless of where she lives in the Portland metro area, IME driving on I-5 South is not an unusual event.

I said "unusual" based on the fact that her home is not south, but a suburb and just west of Portland. So why would she drive over 100 miles south since that is not in the direction of home?

Oh boy! Wonder if he is the citizen who turned in the phone.

They are different people AFAIK. The Landmark guy was cleared (link upthread). I don't think LE suspects the phone guy either.

Maybe she was meeting a friend, or had a job interview, or meeting an online friend. There's so much we don't know about Demi that I wouldn't assume it would be unusual for her to drive that far south.

What I'm really not understanding is why the "Good Samaritan" dropped off the phone at dq. If I found it in the parking lot laying there, then hey, ok, I could see turning it in to dq. But seeing it thrown from a vehicle and being curious enough to check it out but not think serious enough to take it to the police?

What I'm really not understanding is why the "Good Samaritan" dropped off the phone at dq. If I found it in the parking lot laying there, then hey, ok, I could see turning it in to dq. But seeing it thrown from a vehicle and being curious enough to check it out but not think serious enough to take it to the police?

It was found in or near the DQ parking lot and he thought it might belong to an employee, according to early reports. Regardless, late at night it would be easier to turn it in near where it was found, rather than trying to find the local police department...especially if he wasn't local to Creswell. LE has found and talked to him.

Maybe she was meeting a friend, or had a job interview, or meeting an online friend. There's so much we don't know about Demi that I wouldn't assume it would be unusual for her to drive that far south.

Plus, we don't know when she (or her car) left the conference and headed south (if she did). It could have been everything you mentioned, earlier in the day in Eugene, for example. What's unusual is not checking in with her parents as she normally did, as well as the phone being thrown from the car in Creswell late at night. I'm still hoping the conference impacted her in some way and that she's off on an adventure...but I'm losing hope.

Any history of depression? Being at the self-help conference may have sparked some emotions which caused her to run away to 'find herself'. I think the circumstances around the phone being tossed and found are suspicious. If the witness is telling the truth, hopefully he can describe the vehicle the phone was thrown from. I'd be curious to know if it was thrown from her own car, or somebody elses.

Not unusual in the slightest bit. We are pretty limited in terms of freeway choices here.

Any history of depression? Being at the self-help conference may have sparked some emotions which caused her to run away to 'find herself'. I think the circumstances around the phone being tossed and found are suspicious. If the witness is telling the truth, hopefully he can describe the vehicle the phone was thrown from. I'd be curious to know if it was thrown from her own car, or somebody elses.

Also, if it was thrown from passenger's side or driver's side.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back