Found Safe OR - Demi Helenius, 23, Portland, 5 Aug 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Theory: I'm riding in a car with my boyfriend and we're arguing about driving directions. I show him the map on my phone to prove to him that he's going the wrong way. He gets pissed and tosses my phone out the car window.

I'd be noting where we were when he tossed my phone and eventually I'd be going back there to look for my phone. If there was a DQ nearby, I'd sure be checking with them to see if anyone turned in my phone.

ETA and if I saw that happen as a bystander, I'd turn the phone into the DQ too.

I sure hope she chose to "disappear" on own her free will. MAYBE she tossed her phone bc it tracks you and ditched her car elsewhere to throw off being followed. That's the most hopeful scenario I can think of....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I absolutely agree with you!! I don't like the looks of it whatsoever! I feel there's a bit more to the story of the phone being turned into DQ--just a gut feeling I have. Especially because in this day & age, the chances of a random person turning in a 'found' cell phone are quite slim--in my opinion!

ALL MOO!! & of course I could be thinking too much into it all as details are limited/vague--both of which cause my mind to wander in many directions! I would LOVE to be wrong!!

Really hoping she's somewhere safe & that she finds her way back home!! [emoji1317]

I work in retail . People turn in phones all the time. Not saying this guy is un involved but it's not unusual for someone to turn in a phone.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Theory: I'm riding in a car with my boyfriend and we're arguing about driving directions. I show him the map on my phone to prove to him that he's going the wrong way. He gets pissed and tosses my phone out the car window.

I'd be noting where we were when he tossed my phone and eventually I'd be going back there to look for my phone. If there was a DQ nearby, I'd sure be checking with them to see if anyone turned in my phone.

ETA and if I saw that happen as a bystander, I'd turn the phone into the DQ too.
Me too and great example

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I sure hope she chose to "disappear" on own her free will. MAYBE she tossed her phone bc it tracks you and ditched her car elsewhere to throw off being followed. That's the most hopeful scenario I can think of....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If i was disappearing id probably just turn it off

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

They found her car in the small town of Cottage Grove in central Oregon.

Cottage Grove is about 130 miles south of Portland.

A preliminary examination of Helenius' car found no evidence of foul play.

A man passing through the drive-thru said he had found it and he hoped the worker would return it to its owner. Police were able to obtain the license plate number of the car that dropped off the phone, thanks to surveillance tapes provided by Dairy Queen. Detectives contacted the man and were told that he found the phone in a parking lot nearby the Dairy Queen after he saw someone throw it from a car.

http://www.kgw.com/news/police-look-for-woman-missing-under-suspicious-circumstances/462420053

Where are you Demi?!
If I saw someone throw a phone from a moving vehicle my hinky alarm would go berserk. I'd've gotten the plate number and went back for the phone and dropped it off at the police station . But that's just me .

The DQ in Creswell closes at 11pm on Saturdays, according to Google. She couldn't have stayed for whole event on Saturday (it ended at 10) if her phone was 2 hours south before the store closed. I wonder if they know what time the person found the phone.

Since they ID'd the driver who turned in the phone based on his license plate I assume he wasn't driving her car so it doesn't seem like he is involved at all. I'm thankful he was curious enough to see what was thrown from car and honest enough to turn it in. Who knows how much time that action saved before she was reported missing. I hope she is found safe!

Plus, we don't know when she (or her car) left the conference and headed south (if she did). It could have been everything you mentioned, earlier in the day in Eugene, for example. What's unusual is not checking in with her parents as she normally did, as well as the phone being thrown from the car in Creswell late at night. I'm still hoping the conference impacted her in some way and that she's off on an adventure...but I'm losing hope.

bbm
Speculating that she left some time before or during dinner since LE was initially interested in the man who did not come back to the forum after dinner, as it was reported.

According to Landmark's Wikipedia page the evening session runs from 7pm - 10.15pm, so again speculating, she left some time before 7 pm. Enough time to drive (or be driven) down to Creswell, and toss the phone, before the DQ closes at 11 pm.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landmark_Worldwide

What I'm really not understanding is why the "Good Samaritan" dropped off the phone at dq. If I found it in the parking lot laying there, then hey, ok, I could see turning it in to dq. But seeing it thrown from a vehicle and being curious enough to check it out but not think serious enough to take it to the police?
Totally

This seems to indicate she had attended the conferences before.

I'm the OP. It could be that she had attended Landmark conferences before, probably the free intro. I doubt she'd been to the forum before at $650 a pop. The forum she attended is the first paid event one goes to. There's nothing to indicate she has gone to it before, other than her philosophy, which she could have picked up at one of their free introductory sessions. According to this schedule, there are other Landmark classes coming up for $150 each, but you have to go to the forum first. So I'm wondering if she had signed up for any of those.

http://www.landmarkworldwide.com/searchResults.aspx?prgid=0&pgID=0&crid=840&ctid=26241&sdt=082017

Maybe he was just passing through on his way somewhere and got off the freeway for gas or food. Or works nights and was on his way to work? Perhaps he thought the people would come looking for it or call it, and this way they could get it back? There isn't much in that town and maybe DQ was the only thing open.
I read somewhere that he said he thought it might belong to an employee . What ate the odds an employee from DQ threw their phone out of a moving vehicle ?

Here’s a weird tidbit, an FBI office building is right behind the Embassy Suites where she was last seen. How strange is it that someone disappears so close to such a major law enforcement agency? I just noticed it as I was looking at the map around Embassy Suites to see what kind of other businesses are around there.

I read somewhere that he said he thought it might belong to an employee . What ate the odds an employee from DQ threw their phone out of a moving vehicle ?

That's a good point. Possibly the reporting wasn't accurate, otherwise it sounds a bit suspicious.

On the google maps that were put together earlier, my eyes kept drawing to that big forest area. It doesn't appear its that far away from Cottage Grove. Maybe an hour? I don't know ever since I came to websleuths bodies of water and forests get my attention. I sure hope it was just that Demi wanted to get away, she doesn't seem like the type that would worry her parents that way though. Hoping for a good ending.

I'm confused about the focus on the guy who turned in the phone? Is he a POI? He did a good deed, talked to LE and AFAIK he's in the clear. There are lots and lots of possible reasons he took the time to get out, retrieve the phone and turn it in to the nearest business rather than run around looking for the police department past 10:00 pm. He may not have been curious in retrieving the phone, but helpful. For all he knew, it was someone who had stolen a phone or someone angry or whatever. He probably didn't have time to get a license plate number. It may not be what I would do...actually, it's exactly what I would do...but at least he did something constructive and made sure the phone didn't get found by someone less honest. I think he deserves thanks, personally. If he turns out to be nefarious, I'll eat crow. :D

I'm confused about the focus on the guy who turned in the phone? Is he a POI? He did a good deed, talked to LE and AFAIK he's in the clear. There are lots and lots of possible reasons he took the time to get out, retrieve the phone and turn it in to the nearest business rather than run around looking for the police department past 10:00 pm. He may not have been curious in retrieving the phone, but helpful. For all he knew, it was someone who had stolen a phone or someone angry or whatever. He probably didn't have time to get a license plate number. It may not be what I would do...actually, it's exactly what I would do...but at least he did something constructive and made sure the phone didn't get found by someone less honest. I think he deserves thanks, personally. If he turns out to be nefarious, I'll eat crow. :D
I personally don't think he's involved but I just find it extremely weird that he would tell the window person that he thought it might belong to an employee after he just saw someone throw it out of a car. Doesn't make any sense. Anyhoo... until this guy is brought back into the pool of suspects I'll stop about the phone. Lol

I personally don't think he's involved but I just find it extremely weird that he would tell the window person that he thought it might belong to an employee after he just saw someone throw it out of a car. Doesn't make any sense. Anyhoo... until this guy is brought back into the pool of suspects I'll stop about the phone. Lol

That's OK...you can keep talking. :) None of this whole case makes sense, actually. But I can imagine him thinking it was someone leaving work in a fight with bf as La Louve theorized. Or maybe he never even said that. I guess since we don't have many clues the phone guy is something to talk about. Carry on and I'll stop being a cranky pants. :D

I absolutely agree with you.

A black 2013 VW Bug belonging to Helenius was found Monday in Cottage Grove near a gas station on Highway 99.

"This car has been there for like two days," Terry Fenn said Monday. "I thought they were just visiting the park because we're not allowed to park in the park. Today, as I left, I noticed it was still there. I came back at lunch and the forensics was there. "There must have been three or four cop cars and, like I said, the forensic van they had out."

Investigators said they found no signs of foul play after examining the car. They plan to examine the car more closely at the Oregon State Police crime lab.
http://kval.com/news/local/search-p...an-after-car-found-abandoned-in-cottage-grove

BBM.

Police have released photos of the car belonging to *advertiser censored*woman missing since Saturday after apparently attending a motivational conference in Portland.*

The black Volkswagen bug belonging to 23-year-old Demi Helenius*was found Monday near*the 1100 block of Pacific Highway in Cottage Grove. An initial examination found no signs of foul play.*

Detectives are hoping the photos will lead to additional tips to bring Helenius home safe.
http://www.oregonlive.com/washingtoncounty/index.ssf/2017/08/car_of_missing_woman_found_in.html

4728eaf0d877ca98dd82b99c409e244f.jpg

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro