Found Safe OR - Demi Helenius, 23, Portland, 5 Aug 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
On the Facebook page for her it says her car was found locked with the keys and all her belongings inside. I don’t think she took off on her own.

Wonder what kind of park he's referring to ?

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk
A mobile home park I think. There is a mobile home on the other side of the fence in the pictures of Demi's car.

On the Facebook page for her it says her car was found locked with the keys and all her belongings inside. I don’t think she took off on her own.

Oh this isn't good. Do you have a link to the FB page for her? I haven't been able to find one. Thanks.

FB page says the car was unlocked with all her stuff still inside. Also the phone was turned in at 8:05 pm 130 miles away. So at the latest, assuming they drove the speed limit , they/she could've left is about 6pm. Did she ever check into the conference on Saturday at all ? I'm assuming there are no "breaks" since someone posted that they can't even go to the bathroom in the 10 hour conference. Unless she just had had enough of it and left.

FB page says the car was unlocked with all her stuff still inside. Also the phone was turned in at 8:05 pm 130 miles away. So at the latest, assuming they drove the speed limit , they/she could've left is about 6pm. Did she ever check into the conference on Saturday at all ? I'm assuming there are no "breaks" since someone posted that they can't even go to the bathroom in the 10 hour conference. Unless she just had had enough of it and left.

Argh, I was reading so fast I saw locked, not unlocked. Thank you for clarifying!

The small city of Creswell is located approximately 133 miles south of the Embassy Suites Hotel and is in the direction opposite from Helenius’ Rock Creek residence. Helenius’ home, which is 140 miles east of Portland, is roughly 250 miles northeast of Creswell.

Her mother said that her daughter had been excited about attending the Landmark Forum. “Making things better. Volunteering. Being a better person,” she said of her daughter’s personality.

The Landmark Forum has been described as a cult ― allegations that the organization has steadfastly denied. Some former attendees have made accusations of, among other things, brainwashing, rigid rules, verbal abuse and grueling “marathon group-encounter sessions.”

Helenius’ mother said her daughter would not take off without notifying someone. “She’s going to college, she writes music, she’s a half-marathoner, and she is full of life, and this is not her character.”

Helenius’ IMBD profile states she was a semi-finalist in the “Teen Idol” talent competition in 2011. In addition to her Instagram, she maintains profiles on a modeling website and meetup.com.

Helenius’ Facebook page was recently taken down. It’s unclear whether that has any connection to her disappearance.

Police have not indicated that this case and the case of James Brian Rowe (went missing at same forum in Denver in July 2004) are connected, or that either disappearance has anything whatsoever to do with the Landmark Forum.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/demi-helenius-missing-landmark-forum_us_598a1a17e4b0d793738ae343

Treading lightly here... these forums have the ability to really make an attendee question a lot of things about themselves, for starters. I was mentoring a intellectually and academically brilliant young woman who called me crying hysterically during a forum. She was not calling so I would come and pick her up, she was calling to "recruit" me, and was so emotional, I could not even believe it.

I've studied cults and have a degree in religion and IMO... well, I'll leave it there and say that I hope Demi is safe and sound and that we have good news soon.

I don't think she changed her name. There is a post quoting her mother about Demi's birth and she refers to her as Demi. Daisy Dawson is a book character. But yes, she does like Demi Lovato. I imagine she not only likes her singing, but relates to her personally, based on some of her posts and what I've read about Demi Lovato's struggles.

http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/series/DSY/daisy-dawson

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demi_Lovato

Ah! Makes sense. Thanks!

The comment on the photo of her drivers license on Instagram is especially worrisome to me because it was posted 6 days ago. She's been missing less than that... how ironic that someone would post that and then she just happened to go missing.

There are a few religious groups that hang out at music festivals and such looking to prey on the weak, lost looking Kids.. some run hostel and they invite you to their lairs and try to convert! They make you give up all possessions ..all of them..cars..phones, etc! I've heard of young people being gone for years with no word! Just saying!! Very weird that they go after the vulnerable!! They have food trucks they'll set up if there's a big event with lots of people they can possibly convert! Ones not in the right mind!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

If she took off from the forum by herself, she could have thrown away her phone at the DQ on the way, then went on to the neighborhood where she left her car and all her belongings - to meet someone there? Or pick someone up? Could she have stepped out of her and leave it unsecured and not taking any of her things because it was just a few steps to that person's door? I hope LE is snooping around there!

If I saw someone throw a phone from a moving vehicle my hinky alarm would go berserk. I'd've gotten the plate number and went back for the phone and dropped it off at the police station . But that's just me .

Agree 100% and I would do the same.
But that is what makes many of us on here so different than the rest of the world

This is so bizarre to me... late this afternoon I listened to the Thin Air podcast about James Rowe, who is missing and is associated with this same "Landmark" group. Then, just now I come to WS and see this woman's forum. Weird coincidence. It's Episode #24 if anyone is interested.

The comment on the photo of her drivers license on Instagram is especially worrisome to me because it was posted 6 days ago. She's been missing less than that... how ironic that someone would post that and then she just happened to go missing.

The pic was posted a week ago but the comment was 21 hours ago.

I just spent a while reading about landmark and wow. Very concerning. That "group" or whatever you call it sounds super whacky. Am I correct that she attended alone? If so, even more concerning. She would be the ideal prey for those people, especially if she was alone.

The small city of Creswell is located approximately 133 miles south of the Embassy Suites Hotel and is in the direction opposite from Helenius’ Rock Creek residence. Helenius’ home, which is 140 miles east of Portland, is roughly 250 miles northeast of Creswell.

Her mother said that her daughter had been excited about attending the Landmark Forum. “Making things better. Volunteering. Being a better person,” she said of her daughter’s personality.

The Landmark Forum has been described as a cult ― allegations that the organization has steadfastly denied. Some former attendees have made accusations of, among other things, brainwashing, rigid rules, verbal abuse and grueling “marathon group-encounter sessions.”

Helenius’ mother said her daughter would not take off without notifying someone. “She’s going to college, she writes music, she’s a half-marathoner, and she is full of life, and this is not her character.”

Helenius’ IMBD profile states she was a semi-finalist in the “Teen Idol” talent competition in 2011. In addition to her Instagram, she maintains profiles on a modeling website and meetup.com.

Helenius’ Facebook page was recently taken down. It’s unclear whether that has any connection to her disappearance.

Police have not indicated that this case and the case of James Brian Rowe (went missing at same forum in Denver in July 2004) are connected, or that either disappearance has anything whatsoever to do with the Landmark Forum.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/demi-helenius-missing-landmark-forum_us_598a1a17e4b0d793738ae343

Even our David Lohr makes mistakes. :) Demi does not live in Rock Creek, OR 140 miles east of Portland. She lives with her parents who enlisted the help of Washington county LE. The Rock Creek in Washington county is a neighborhood, fairly close to Portland.

https://www.mapquest.com/directions...rport-350860178/to/us/or/rock-creek-282920410

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockcreek,_Oregon

https://nextdoor.com/neighborhood/rockcreekarea--portland--or/

Her brother is on Primetime Justice with Ashleigh Banfield right now.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back