OR OR - Fauna Frey, 45, Grants Pass, 29 Jun 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lane Co. missing woman's car found | KMVU Fox 26 Medford

According to the article, Fauna's Jeep was found in the Galice-Merlin area (outside of Merlin) Thursday morning.

Merlin is in the opposite direction from Weasku Inn where she had a reservation. Maybe she tried to visit more people (like she said the day before) before going to the hotel.

Map by Google Maps

Attachments

• fauna-frey-map.jpg
    fauna-frey-map.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Lane Co. missing woman's car found - KOBI-TV NBC5 / KOTI-TV NBC2
Snip:
The car of a missing a Lane Co. woman was found outside of Merlin. Her disappearance is catching national media attention.

A 45-year-old Fauna Frey was reported missing on July 5, 2020.

Josephine Co. Sheriff Dave Daniel confirmed his deputies found her blue jeep in the Galice-Merlin area Thursday morning. However, Frey is still missing

FF car was buried in debris??
Will this link play for anyone? If so, summarize please :)
No, the buried car was another unexplained case (not a missing person). I summarized the information in the video once before, but my post was deleted due to unapproved source (someone called in with new info).

Last edited:
FF car was buried in debris??
Will this link play for anyone? If so, summarize please :)
Long listen and I skipped around. Probably not allowed on WS as call-ins to his show are basically reporting their own versions of what happened. Someone called in and spoke with him for quite a while with "knowledge" of a different timeline and last known use of debit cards by FF, but again, no credible sources. It did seem at the time that her car had yet to be found, because one comment was about that. Same discussion of foul play vs her being depressed and possibly suicidal. She's been missing a long time. I hope the car being found will stir things up. JMO

We learned that she recently lived in Dexter, but if you look her up on Whitepages you get an address that is not too far from Merlin. Maybe she used to live in the area where her car was found and did visit people she knew there.

Search for Fauna Frey continues after vehicle found in Josephine County | KMVU Fox 26 Medford

On September 23, deputies found Fauna’s unoccupied, locked Jeep in the Galice area on Reuben Mountain Road a few miles past the Grave Creek boat landing. Investigators believe it was parked there for at least a month, maybe more.

The area around the vehicle was searched with cadaver dogs on September 24, but Fauna wasn’t located.

Sheriff: Missing woman's vehicle found in Josephine County

On Wednesday afternoon, someone noticed a vehicle that matched the description of Frey's blue Jeep Grand Cherokee. Deputies responded to the area, which the Sheriff's Office said was on Reuben Mountain Road, a few miles past Grave Creek Boat Landing.

Fauna+car+THUMB.jpg

Latest from HFFF page 5 hours ago: The private search using a dog was not successful so they (family and friends) are looking for another search team with dogs. They are also underwhelmed with the limited police response after the car was found.

Latest from HFFF page 5 hours ago: The private search using a dog was not successful so they (family and friends) are looking for another search team with dogs. They are also underwhelmed with the limited police response after the car was found.
Shame. There are locals offering to help, so the friends should take them up on that.

First thing I would do is try to nail down how long the car had been there where it was found. With the first missing report including the car on July 5th, the cops should have noticed it a while ago. It appeared to only have been discovered by the public shortly after the news articles came out. I would like to confirm that someone remembers it being there or not in July.

After that, use the locals and anyone with a drone to conduct grid searches. Work with LE, but if they have underwhelmed so far, they are likely to continue to do so.

Shame. There are locals offering to help, so the friends should take them up on that.

First thing I would do is try to nail down how long the car had been there where it was found. With the first missing report including the car on July 5th, the cops should have noticed it a while ago. It appeared to only have been discovered by the public shortly after the news articles came out. I would like to confirm that someone remembers it being there or not in July.

After that, use the locals and anyone with a drone to conduct grid searches. Work with LE, but if they have underwhelmed so far, they are likely to continue to do so.
Good point. I hope auto gps can answer how long her car was there. And if the locations match the path of her phone until off/battery dead.

Last edited:

It looks to me that the family's current plan is to use more dogs that will try to pick up Fauna's scent. Having volunteers all over the place could interfere with that task.

It looks to me that the family's current plan is to use more dogs that will try to pick up Fauna's scent. Having volunteers all over the place could interfere with that task.
The police did a small search, a few dogs were out already, and they will likely have a different set out today / Monday. Start canvassing the area homes / locals to determine when the car got there and grid search on Tuesday. It has been a couple of months since she went missing so picking up a scent seems remote.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back