OR OR - Fauna Frey, 45, Grants Pass, 29 Jun 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm not sure what happened to the out of state search team. HFFF admins mentioned Jon Francis Foundation. The are now looking for 3 SAR dogs. The assistance could come from the neighboring counties (Jackson County), but the Josephine County Sheriff must ask for it first.

I’m signed into FB and the same thing happens to me. I wonder if it’s because I’m not a member of the group per se. I can see the first group link just fine but not the admin ones.
I'm signed into fb as well, but I'm not a member of the group. Admin links work for me. They are the same as clicking on admin names in posts or comments.

Update on the search (HFFF group): Unfortunately Fauna hasn't been not found during the search this past weekend, but at least the ground covered in the search can be eliminated.

Videos of the location where her Jeep was found were also published. From the admins:

"Now that several dozen people (including law enforcement and SAR pro’s) have seen where it was, the location itself is very concerning. It’s not likely she would ever park there. It’s a random dead end road, off the beaten path."

HFFF: Post with videos of the Jeep's location

New article/video, featuring Fauna's father: ONLY ON 5: Missing woman's father continues the search - KOBI-TV NBC5 / KOTI-TV NBC2
Related fb post: KOBI-TV NBC5

From the article:

Josephine Co. Sheriff Dave Daniel said in a previous interview there were no signs of foul play when his deputies searched through Fauna’s car.
“We always look for anything, blood, weapons, signs of a struggle. And none of that was found in this case,” said Sheriff Daniel.

Fauna's father believes that someone else abandoned her car where it was found.

The latest post from the HFFF site says that the OSP will get involved and that the car will be processed.

That's good news. Hopefully, now her vehicle and any other relevant evidence can be processed and treated as a crime scene. I hope this OSP involvement also establishes warrants to access phone records. One small, slow step closer to finding FF.

Post from the 27th by admin on the Finding Fauna page

Sorry, we have been so quiet these past few day’s. No updates yet. Please continue to keep Fauna and John in your prayers. Tomorrow is John’s birthday and wouldn’t it be the best Birthday present ever if we found Fauna.
2665.png

We are going to slow things down on FB. We will answer any questions on messenger if possible as long as it doesn’t hinder the investigation. Sheriff Daniels and OSP are working together!
1f64f_1f3fb.png
for answers.

Missing Grants Pass woman picked up hitchhiker says father who is still on her trail

Feb 7 2021
A distraught father continues to search for his daughter who was last seen in Grant Pass nearly 8 months ago after leaving her home in Dexter, Oregon to visit friends.
John Frey said since his daughter's disappearance, he and her friends have used every resource possible to find her. He said the hitchhiker has been interviewed by police and himself, and it didn’t lead to any information regarding Fauna’s whereabouts.

He explained her credit card activity has been traced and she had made a reservation at Weasku Inn in Grants Pass. However, said Fauna Frey never showed up for that reservation. After she booked her stay, her credit card was never used again.

On September 23, her 2000 four-door Jeep Cherokee was found in a rural area on Reuben Mountain Road a few miles past Grave Creek Boat Landing.

He explained state police informed him the evidence collected inside the car is put at the end of a long list because there is no evidence a crime has been committed.

John explained since he began searching for his daughter, he has discovered several other women close to Fauna’s age and description who have also been reported missing in the area. He believes it’s a pattern.

The family has set up an anonymous tip line 541-359-5638 and email address findfaunafrey@gmail.com for anyone who has any leads of Fauna’s whereabouts.

Fauna Frey had been temporarily living in Dexter, Oregon, with her father and brother when she vanished on June 29, 2020. The 45-year-old was last seen leaving the Super 8 hotel in Grants Pass, Oregon, between 8:30 and 9 a.m. on June 29, 2020. She was driving her dark blue 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee with Oregon license plate number 339EYB. Fauna had made a reservation at the Weasku Inn in Grants Pass, but never showed up. The inn charged her credit card since she never canceled her reservation. This was the last activity on any of her accounts. Josephine County Sheriff Dave Daniel said potential sightings have not panned out and that there has also been no trace of Fauna’s car. Investigators are asking the community to be on the lookout for her dark blue Jeep Grand Cherokee with the Oregon license plate 339EYB. Jeni Hill-Stapleton, one of Fauna’s good friends from high school, organized a social media campaign with a Facebook page and hashtag - Help Find Fauna Frey #FindFaunaFrey. Fauna is described as 5’6” tall, weighing between 135-150 pounds, with blonde hair and blue eyes. She was last seen wearing a neon green and purple pullover, capri pants and a dark t-shirt. A $25,000 reward is being offered by the family for anyone with information that leads to Fauna’s whereabouts. If you have any information that can help Fauna’s case, please call the Josephine County Sheriff’s Office at 541-474-51
upload_2021-2-11_4-26-30.jpeg
Seven years of Dateline's Missing in America: 156 still missing

I don't see the hitchhiker being connected to the case. Fauna was seen on camera alone a few more times after that encounter. I'm not sure if it even happened on the same day. IMO one of the key questions is why didn't she go to the Weasku Inn (where she made a new reservation) in the afternoon? She slept in her car on one of the previous nights. Also, if she intended to disappear, why spend money buying new things only to leave them behind? Maybe she just wasn't thinking rationally. There's no indication that she was meeting with anyone she knew on her last day. I hope one day she is found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back