Identified! OR - Female, 30-45, Umpqua River near Gardiner, 1 Oct 2016 - Genelle McDaniel

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Then in November 2019, a private laboratory called DNA Solutions produced a new type of DNA profile and compared it to the public family genealogy website, GEDMatch.
'The efforts of many people finally gave this mystery woman a name'

I'm not sure what's all involved but this 6 - 7 month timeline is a far cry from some of the more common 1 - 2 yearlong (or more) wait times for id. Good job, DNA Solutions!

Rest in peace, Genelle.

Then in November 2019, a private laboratory called DNA Solutions produced a new type of DNA profile and compared it to the public family genealogy website, GEDMatch.
'The efforts of many people finally gave this mystery woman a name'

I'm not sure what's all involved but this 6 - 7 month timeline is a far cry from some of the more common 1 - 2 yearlong (or more) wait times for id. Good job, DNA Solutions!

Rest in peace, Genelle.
Sometimes it depends on whether close relatives have submitted their DNA data to GEDmatch. It takes a lot longer to research a genealogy involving links to third cousins, adoption, adultery, unrecorded relationships, etc. than it does if they find the victim's niece on day 1, like Mary Silvani.

I think it's very interesting to discover that McDaniel was 20 years older than the high end of the age estimate. I wonder how forensics were that far off.

I discovered a Genelle McDaniel wrote a Letter to the Editor for the Eugene Weekly in September 2014 criticizing veal in restaurants. If she was estimated to have passed between 1 and 3 years before her 2016 discovery, I have to wonder if she went missing not long after the Letter to the Editor. Or hell, as a result of it?

Unable to link I'm on cell, but there's been two bodies found in this river within a month.

One police ID is female, but don't name her. Just she led a transient lifestyle.

Second was a man also just saying transient. Bith in Roseburg.

My source from above KEZI.com

Unable to link I'm on cell, but there's been two bodies found in this river within a month.

One police ID is female, but don't name her. Just she led a transient lifestyle.

Second was a man also just saying transient. Bith in Roseburg.
It's a LONG river through vast wilderness areas.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back