GUILTY OR - Heather Mallory, 32, Portland, 8 March 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks Busylady. That interview was quite revealing.

Brian said how upset he was that people suspected him due to the fact that they argued the day she disappeared. Not a word of regret that the last words they exchanged were angry ones, or concern that she may have been kidnapped or assaulted, or dead in a secluded ditch after an auto accident. He pointedly spoke of her as if she were watching him on TV, appealing for her to call home (:waitasec: except when he forgot and used past tense in the next breath).

Brian also admits he lied about having to go to work the day she "left.

Brian also spoke of how hard it is now that she is gone, since he now has to work and cook dinner for their son. Seems that, after he used up that last paycheck she left, money is getting tight. Poor Brian! he has just been too busy to search for his dead wife, so he's leaving that up to the parents! His "pregnant pauses" spoke volumes, though the reporter had a tendency to rescue him by offering suggestive help.

(The little things you miss about your "woman" when you forget to think before you kill...bummer.):boohoo:

Susan

Please - someone, is there NOTHING new to report on this case? Where is this little boy's mommy????

I did a search today and found two recent articles about a news conference her parents did a few days ago:

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/news/1209783303189550.xml&coll=7

http://blog.oregonlive.com/breakingnews/2008/05/reward_offered_in_search_for_m.html

I also found the video where her husband is appealing for help:

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/missing-womans-husband-makes-plea-for-help/1348292621

It's not new news about her being found or anything but especially the first link, that story says so much more information than was mentioned publicly before. I've had experience with abusive husbands (now ex-husband) and my bets are on him having something to do with her disappearing. I truly hope I am wrong and she is found safe but I also hope they figure it out soon for everyone's peace of mind.

I agree. It sounds like they had a very volatile relationship. It doesn't sound like she was an irresponsible woman who would just walk away and leave her family.

I agree. It sounds like they had a very volatile relationship. It doesn't sound like she was an irresponsible woman who would just walk away and leave her family.

The fact that they've located her car (quite awhile ago, actually) and aren't coming out and releasing that to the media tells me they're working behind the scenes?

Her husband, Brian Cole, is now living in Sandpoint Idaho with their son River. Police are actively investigating, but have made no arrest at this time. The reward increases have not brought any issues forth as had been hoped for.

Her husband, Brian Cole, is now living in Sandpoint Idaho with their son River. Police are actively investigating, but have made no arrest at this time. The reward increases have not brought any issues forth as had been hoped for.

Guess he couldn't stand the heat and had to get out of town. Does he realize that LE can get him in Idaho!! Isn't Sandpoint where Mark Furhman lives now?

How do you know this?

Guess he couldn't stand the heat and had to get out of town. Does he realize that LE can get him in Idaho!! Isn't Sandpoint where Mark Furhman lives now?

Mark does live there. Brian better be careful. He might end up being the subject of Mark's next book. Maybe someone should send Mark an email.

I was just about to post a question asking if LE ever searched the apartment and if they didn't could they now that it's empty? Why wouldn't LE have searched right away? Then I found the below article:

http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/New_kgw_052908_news_mallory_apartment_search.3e656f61.html

Detectives Wednesday searched the former apartment of a Portland mom who has been missing since early March.

Heather Mallory lived in the apartment with her husband, Brian Cole and their son until her disappearance but he has since moved out.

Police have not said what they found at the apartment, located in the 11000 block of South East Raymond Street, but they did confirm that the search warrant was part of their ongoing investigation into Mallory's disappearance.

Crime tape surrounded the area Wednesday night (more at link)

Video included at the below link on the right side of the page:

http://www.kptv.com/news/16423417/detail.html

Investigators served a search warrant at the apartment of a missing woman's husband Wednesday.

Heather Mallory Cole disappeared more than 11 weeks ago and police have reason to believe her husband, Brian Cole, may be involved.

Crime scene investigators showed up at the couple's southeast Portland apartment Wednesday night with rubber gloves, flashlights, cameras and other equipment. (more at link)

This is good news. At least it might rule him in or out at this point. IF they find anything after 11 weeks.

Taxi, hopefully they can. He left everything in the apartment. I was surprised to hear that.

http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/New_kgw_052908_news_mallory_apartment_search.3e656f61.html

(snip)
Neighbors said detectives walked out of the apartment, Wednesday night with several bags of items and some items wrapped in paper. According to to Jeni Mallory, the rent is paid up at the couple's apartment until the end of this month and all the couple's belongings are still inside, even though Cole has moved out.

She said Brian left early this month; going home to Idaho with the couple's son, River, 3.

"I try to treat Brian neutral and not think about it. Is he a suspect? I think it's only natural that husbands are suspects and is he the only one? I don't know. I know police have not shared that with us, so we just just don't know," Jeni added.

Mark does live there. Brian better be careful. He might end up being the subject of Mark's next book. Maybe someone should send Mark an email.

Lol...I was thinking the same thing! Maybe Mark could keep his eyes open and see what he can see. He's pretty darn good at searching out information.
I really do think this guy is guilty of murdering his wife.

I'm glad that they searched the apartment. Isn't that odd that he left everything behind. Like he didn't want any reminders of her going with him. If there is blood in the apt they can find it with luminol. I hope that LE is good with forensics and knows what they are doing. Portland is a huge place and you would think that they would be up to snuff on forensics and equipment. I hope so anyway. I hope this is one missing wife's case that gets resolved right away. There are so many missing wives just on Webslueths and the husbands are all suspects but are living their lives like nothing has happened. It really irks me that they can get away with murder.

Detectives took a computer, paperwork and some receipts from the apartment that a missing Portland woman shared with her husband and their three-year-old son.
Heather Mallory's husband, Brian Cole told KGW Friday that police also took his truck. He was at the apartment gathering belongings Friday because the lease runs out Saturday. Heather's parents were also removing items from the apartment.

Cole already moved out. He is now living near relatives in Sand Point, Idaho with the couple's three-year-old son, River.

Police would not elaborate on what they found at the apartment, located in the 11000 block of South East Raymond Street, but they did confirm that the search warrant was part of their ongoing investigation into Mallory's disappearance. (more at link)

I hope this search of the apartment gives some clues on what has happened to Heather. Unfortuantly 11 weeks have gone by before this was done and chances of finding Heather alive is growing smaller and smaller. Breaks my heart for that little boy.

http://www.katu.com/news/19421144.html

A local mother mysteriously vanishes and now comes word that her husband failed a lie detector test, despite being adamant that he had nothing to do with her disappearance.
"I was offered a voluntary lie detector (test) and I said 'ok, I'll come in and take it to clear my name' and it completely backfired on me," said Brian Cole.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob84999381
Back