GUILTY OR - Isabella Smith, 2, killed, 13yo injured, Cannon Beach, 31 July 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why do I get the feeling the "mom" probably won't be found alive?

I agree with you...

but... I have to wonder if she has suicided... why did she flee.... And why she didn't do so in the hotel room?

:waitasec:

I agree with you...

but... I have to wonder if she has suicided... why did she flee.... And why she didn't do so in the hotel room?

:waitasec:

Good question. I also wonder why no one heard anything. I would think there would have been a struggle if the 13 yo was attacked.

“As I entered into the room, I saw a large amount of blood,” said Schermerhorn, who was the first person to respond to the incident. “There was blood throughout the room, different areas.”

As far as he knows, all of the blood belonged to the teenager, he said. The deceased infant did not sustain cuts to her body, which will be autopsied by the Oregon State Medical Examiner in Oregon City on Sunday.

Schermerhorn spoke briefly with the 13-year-old while Cannon Beach Fire and Rescue and Medix Ambulance were treating her and getting her stabilized for transport. She was able to answer basic questions: where her injuries were, what kind of pain she was in, who her little sister was, etc.

“It was very hard for her to talk at the time,” he said. “We did ask certain questions, but we weren’t able to get answers on everything.”

The 13-year-old girl was transported via LifeFlight helicopter to Doernbecher Children’s Hospital in Portland, where she underwent surgery for her serious injuries. She has since been interviewed by detectives, but police have not disclosed any information so far.

In addition to sifting through incoming tips, investigators are talking to Surfsand Resort employees and the occupants of neighboring rooms to help establish a time line and the conditions surrounding the crime.

http://www.dailyastorian.com/free/m...cle_c0f13964-1a96-11e4-a890-0019bb2963f4.html

First of all, I really truly hope that the recovering 13 yr old daughter has a GREAT and close relationship with her father. Something tells me she does. Reading about his community health award, makes me think he is a compassionate and caring type person. In fact, I think it might be part of this sad scenario.

I am speculating now, but I get the feeling that Mom was angry and even jealous of her estranged husbands close relationship with their kids. What better way to devastate him, and to get vengeance, than to steal them away and destroy them. We have seen that way too often here at WS. Dylan Redwine comes to mind, for one sad case.

Mom tried to get an RO but it was denied, correct? If so, that must have really made her mad. And meanwhile the community is giving him awards and accolades, and the kids adore him, and he serves her with divorce papers? We'll see about that, she thinks...:stormingmad:

<snip>

Schermerhorn spoke briefly with the 13-year-old while Cannon Beach Fire and Rescue and Medix Ambulance were treating her and getting her stabilized for transport. She was able to answer basic questions: where her injuries were, what kind of pain she was in, who her little sister was, etc.

“It was very hard for her to talk at the time,” he said. “We did ask certain questions, but we weren’t able to get answers on everything.”<snip>

With critical cuts they still asked where she was injured? Wouldn't that be obvious?

I hope she had someone there when she woke up in hospital. How frightening. I hope they get to the bottom of this quickly.

Why do I get the feeling the "mom" probably won't be found alive?

She may off herself if they close in on her but in a way I doubt it.

Just bouncing of you post Lovejac to say this.:)

If she truly was going to kill their children and commit suicide afterwards, IMO, they would have found her with the children in the room.

Imo, she wanted to only murder the children as a way of revengeful payback against her husband and their father because he was divorcing her.

I have said for many years that mothers/wives murder their children for the same reasons fathers do and it looks like this is what has happened again in this case.

The only difference in mother or father homicide/suicide cases involving their children is when the parent does try to commit suicide after murdering the children the father is far more likely to carry out a successful suicide. The mother often botches the suicide attempt. Making me wonder if the failed attempt by the mother was done by design and more to gain sympathy rather than really wanting to commit suicide.

Of course I am just speculating but I think these are murderous acts that were born out of jealousy, hatred, and revenge against the father and the children were used as pawns to make sure it happened. She was probably very jealous that his children had a very close loving relationship with their father. For all we know the older child may have even requested to live with her father.

I don't think this woman... if she is the one that did this... will be mentally ill. Only 2-4% of mothers who murder or attempt to murder their own children are actually mentally ill. That excuse for some unexplainable reason seems to crop up only if the murderer is a mom/female and just isn't true the overwhelming majority of the time.

IMO

With critical cuts they still asked where she was injured? Wouldn't that be obvious?

Mr. Carbuff is a certified wilderness first responder. He says this is standard procedure if the patient is awake, and you always do a patient assessment as well, because the obvious injuries aren't necessarily the worst ones. They'd look for things like whether she fell (so her back might be injured), whether she might have a hidden injury or internal bleeding, stuff like that. There's a standard order and protocol.

Uh oh:

Jessica Smith, the mother being sought in connection with the Oregon beach resort death of her 2-year-old and slashing of her 13-year-old, was under a court order to turn the children over to their father the day the girls were found in the blood-drenched hotel room, the father's attorney said Sunday.

Greg Smith, the Goldendale, Wash., father of both girls, filed for divorce from Jessica Smith in June and sought shared custody of their two children. A judge had ordered that Greg Smith be granted parenting rights on Fridays, beginning July 31, said Nathan Petersen, Greg Smith's attorney.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2014/08/cannon_beach_death_mother_unde.html

Marking my spot. This is just the tip of the iceberg, I'm afraid.

Uh oh:

Jessica Smith, the mother being sought in connection with the Oregon beach resort death of her 2-year-old and slashing of her 13-year-old, was under a court order to turn the children over to their father the day the girls were found in the blood-drenched hotel room, the father's attorney said Sunday.

Greg Smith, the Goldendale, Wash., father of both girls, filed for divorce from Jessica Smith in June and sought shared custody of their two children. A judge had ordered that Greg Smith be granted parenting rights on Fridays, beginning July 31, said Nathan Petersen, Greg Smith's attorney.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2014/08/cannon_beach_death_mother_unde.html

Uh-oh. That sounds really bad.

Wow....that poor little 13 year old girl!

Don't often hear of women killing their children to make the dads suffer. Usually, it's the other way around. IMO

That court order to hand the kids over is the smoking gun, imo. This bitter jealous woman just wanted revenge and sacrificed the kids to hurt her husband. I hope they find her in time to make her pay. Killing herself would be the easy way out.

Although, it may be the best outcome for the poor surviving chid. I'd hate for her to have to deal with a trial. :sigh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back