GUILTY OR - Isabella Smith, 2, killed, 13yo injured, Cannon Beach, 31 July 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No onstar on the vehicle, it was never activated. LE trying to find a way, but have ran into dead ends.

We don't know what weapons were used. No violent history on Mom's record.

Tox reports back this week we hope.

Rebecca Willington - @rwoolington - The Oregonian

There is an aggravated murder warrant out for 40-year-old Jessica Smith, police said, and she is considered armed and dangerous.
https://twitter.com/rwoolington/status/496059173046468608

Still wide open on where Jessica Smith could be, police said. Authorities are still seeking help from the public.
https://twitter.com/rwoolington/status/496059749775835136

Police said Jessica Smith's arrest warrant is temporary based on the info from their investigation. Wouldn't give specifics.
https://twitter.com/rwoolington/status/496059606552965120

"Anything's possible," Police chief said on Jessica Smith's whereabouts.
https://twitter.com/rwoolington/status/496060676792541186

SW affidavit is sealed.

LE will keep media informed, just looking for Mom and want people to call in tips.

Finding Mom is top priority.

Somthing about Jessica and credit cards, couldn't catch what was said.

Uh oh:

Jessica Smith, the mother being sought in connection with the Oregon beach resort death of her 2-year-old and slashing of her 13-year-old, was under a court order to turn the children over to their father the day the girls were found in the blood-drenched hotel room, the father's attorney said Sunday.

Greg Smith, the Goldendale, Wash., father of both girls, filed for divorce from Jessica Smith in June and sought shared custody of their two children. A judge had ordered that Greg Smith be granted parenting rights on Fridays, beginning July 31, said Nathan Petersen, Greg Smith's attorney.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2014/08/cannon_beach_death_mother_unde.html

Well, now we have motive :(

Conference over, wow they talked fast! I only caught about a 1/3 of it.

Better than I did. I think I made out maybe a tenth of it. But then my hearing's not good...

Rebecca Woolington @rwoolington · 2m

The U.S. Coast Guard is conducting air searches as part of the investigation.

Rebecca Woolington @rwoolington · 2m

Detectives in other states are actively working on the case, following up on leads in the Cannon Beach death investigation.

Rebecca Woolington @rwoolington · 3m

Police are unaware of any psychological issues with Jessica Smith, Cannon Beach police chief said.

Rebecca Woolington @rwoolington · 4m

Authorities have not determined when the 2-year-old died or when her sister was injured, police chief said.

Rebecca Woolington @rwoolington · 6m

Search warrant affidavits in the case remain sealed, police chief said.

Rebecca Woolington @rwoolington · 6m

Police chief declined to specify why the manner of death of 2-year-old Isabella is considered a homicide.

Rebecca Woolington @rwoolington · 8m

"Anything's possible," Police chief said on Jessica Smith's whereabouts.

Rebecca Woolington @rwoolington · 8m

Police have not turned up any violent history regarding Jessica Smith, chief said.

Rebecca Woolington @rwoolington · 9m

No other search warrants have been served in connection with the case other than one at the hotel room, police said.

Rebecca Woolington @rwoolington · 9m

Injuries on 13-year-old girl, Alana Smith, are consistent with an attempted homicide, police chief said.

Rebecca Woolington @rwoolington · 10m

"Right now our big focus is trying to locate her," Cannon Beach police chief said of Jessica Smith.

Rebecca Woolington @rwoolington · 11m

A reporter asked about the custody battle between Jessica Smith and her husband. Police chief said he doesn't know anything about it.

Rebecca Woolington @rwoolington · 12m

Still wide open on where Jessica Smith could be, police said. Authorities are still seeking help from the public.

Rebecca Woolington @rwoolington · 12m

Police said Jessica Smith's arrest warrant is temporary based on the info from their investigation. Wouldn't give specifics.

Rebecca Woolington @rwoolington · 13m

The manner of Isabella Smith's death was homicide, but the cause of death is undetermined, police said. She had no obvious injuries.

Rebecca Woolington @rwoolington · 14m

There is an aggravated murder warrant out for 40-year-old Jessica Smith, police said, and she is considered armed and dangerous.

Rebecca Woolington @rwoolington · 14m

An autopsy was conducted on Isabella Smith today, but the cause of death was undetermined. Cause is awaiting toxicology tests, police said.

Knox :blowkiss: thank you so much for the info. I'm out of town with just my phone to check in so I really appreciate it.

I'm saddened and sickened! GS has not seen his girls since April and this monster tried to kill both of them. 3 months later, he sees Alana wounded in the hospital and Isabella in a casket.

Betsy Hammond | betsyhammond@oregonian.com 13 minutes ago@slw33 There has not been a custody hearing, nor a psychological evaluation, in this divorce case. The petition for divorce was only filed 31 days before the Cannon Beach death.
During that month of court filings, the father sought one day a week of visitation rights and asked the court to order a psychologist to interview the children and both parents to determine a best fit for the children.
Because the mother skipped the hearing, the judge granted both of the father's requests. But no one associated with the court even began inquiring into the mother's mental health before the horrible discovery Friday.

You'd think that the fact that the father a) filed, b) didn't jump right to wanting full custody, c) asked for the court to interview the kids and BOTH parents to determine best fit would have been a huge "worth checking into" flag from the get go.

Poor A :(

I'm glad it ended up being that both girls had the same father as well and that he is entirely uninvolved in all of this - well, other than being another victim - and that there is someone she has left after this horrific incident.

I pray this tragedy causes others to be prevented in terms of how the courts handle things moving forward.

It doesn't seem unlikely at all to think that she may be aiming for suicide by cop, at least at this point. And also, of course, that she absolutely did not want her husband to get the kids.

I'm sure the teen is being heavily guarded in the hospital.

IF the rumor posted several places is true - I hope that Jessica is not only found quickly and no longer able to be a risk to anyone else - but that in the meantime the husband's known locations (home/work/etc) have someone keeping an extremely eye on them as well.

Otherwise I fear she may still try to keep him from getting A by doing something to him since it'll be almost impossible to harm her any further.

And now that mom knows she's wanted for murder and that there's absolutely no way anyone thinks she's another victim or that something accidentally happened to the baby or that the teen's injuries are self-inflicted or anything, and her already willing to do horrific things, she's really more dangerous than she was earlier I'm afraid.

Jessica Smith, the mother being sought in connection with the Oregon beach resort death of her 2-year-old and slashing of her 13-year-old, was under a court order to turn the children over to their father the day the girls were found in the blood-drenched hotel room, the father's attorney said Sunday.

Wow, she could be darn near anywhere...

I know! I was just googling if you can pay cash for an airplane ticket. And yes you can! Still, she'd need ID to board. Or a passport to enter Canada. It's going to be hard to hide if she's driving the gold SUV.

Someone who said they knew her, said she is from Happy Camp, CA. Have no idea if that is true ...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel
Back