Found Deceased OR - Karissa Alyn Fretwell, 25, William "Billy" Fretwell, Toddler, Salem, 13 May 2019 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just FYI, I believe MW is guilty. I am merely considering alternative theories. I will eagerly abandon this alternative theory if security video has suffecient resolution to positively ID MW and eliminate an individual in disguise. Also, testimony from people who know MW well enough that they recognize his voice that they had a conversation with him on his cellphone that evening would refute my theory.

Most modern cellphones have an internal GPS that tracks the phone's location even when you turn off location services. Accuracy is usually within 100 feet but not within 10 feet.

Assume someone obtains MW's cellphone and he believes that he has lost or misplaced it. He goes to work without his phone.

This someone disguises themselves as MW to drive a cart to the bushes. They then take MW's cellphone with them as they drive to Salem to abduct KF and WF. This someone would have keys to MW's vehicle so they might take his vehicle.

This someone keeps the cellphone with them as the linger in the Hopewell / Amity area. This focuses police attention on this area. They then transfer KF and WF to another vehicle, perhaps being driven by an accomplice.

This someone then drives to the mill, drops off MW's phone and may be his vehicle with phone under the seat. They then drive thr golf cart from the bushes back to the mill then removes their disguise before walking out.

This someone then might meet with accomplice to consumate the murders and dispose of the bodies.

<modsnip: referenced post was modsnipped>

I am certain that with a grand jury involved, all evidence (including cell phone records) has been reviewed regarding the potential for accomplices. As of today, there have been no additional arrests.

If the cell phone records indicate actual conversations occurred from MW's phone during the time in question, the grand jury would have questioned the other party(s). If someone other than MW made a call from his phone, that would have been easy to determine.

I always appreciate looking at different theories, but at this point, I feel confident MW is the person responsible for the disappearance/murder of KF and their son. The grand jury would not have indicted MW if the evidence did not support it. Additional arrests would have/will be made if the evidence supports it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try clicking on the name. The first time, that's all I saw until I clicked and got the expanded view. Still not sure there's a relation, though.
I think the other Wolfe is charged with aggravated theft. I don't believe there is any relationship between the two men.
It is unrelated to this case. His murder charge is in connection to a fire last year in Willamina.
Third suspect arrested in connection to Willamina fire that killed 79-year-old man

Welcome to Websleuths, Zenla Zylstra! :)

It is unrelated to this case. His murder charge is in connection to a fire last year in Willamina.
Third suspect arrested in connection to Willamina fire that killed 79-year-old man

Welcome to Websleuths, Zenla Zylstra! :)

Yep!

You got it.

He's a tweaker with no previous record for violent crimes but several methamphetamine cases out of Tillomok County.

I see no way that the two cases could be related but I am wondering if the suspects are genetically related.

Could be similar to these two 3/4 brothers (half brothers whose fathers were brothers) who are both cop killers.

Last edited:
About a week until the next court date. Any activity out there in the Gaston/McMinnville/Ect... Areas? I've heard rumors of ongoing searches. Haven't heard a peep out of LE or anyone with updates. I hope that the family is being kept in the loop at least.

About a week until the next court date. Any activity out there in the Gaston/McMinnville/Ect... Areas? I've heard rumors of ongoing searches. Haven't heard a peep out of LE or anyone with updates. I hope that the family is being kept in the loop at least.

Yamhill County LE keeps quiet about a lot of things. They have to.

<modsnip: off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
They found a body around 1pm today in the Willamette but in Albany. No ID yet. Lots of speculation. I don't know how Albany or further South due to currents would even fit in the timeline, though.

Body recovered from Willamette at Albany
The Willamette River flows from South to North. So, a body that ended up in Albany would have to start off south of Albany to end up there.

I just looked closer at your map PommyMommy - there is a bridge in Salem that runs over the Willamette. Geez...do you suppose?

The Willamette flows North, however. So anything dropped in the water in Salem is going to head towards Portland. Albany is South of Salem. This person entered the water anywhere from Albany to South of there. While Wolfe did have plenty of time to get to Albany that night I would think his cell phone would have pinged it.

I believe it is very unlikely to be her. The Willamette flows north. Albany is south. The body was found a half hour south of her apartment. The police, with their knowledge of his cell phone seem to only be searching in Yamhill county to the north of her place. From her place to his work is 35 miles. That's a lot of searching in rural, agricultural and wooded spots. Plenty of ponds between here and there to stop. The Yamhill river would be more likely than the Willamette in Albany.

The Willamette flows North, however. So anything dropped in the water in Salem is going to head towards Portland. Albany is South of Salem. This person entered the water anywhere from Albany to South of there. While Wolfe did have plenty of time to get to Albany that night I would think his cell phone would have pinged it.
Got it - I live in Portland and just assumed the Willamette flowed North to South.

Good point, but Wolfe might have finally gotten smart enough to turn off his cell phone to drive south.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarrilinaCali