Found Deceased OR - Karissa Alyn Fretwell, 25, William "Billy" Fretwell, Toddler, Salem, 13 May 2019 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can log into your Google account on any device. Pc, tablet, phone and see where you've been. They don't need the actual phone for that.

As for pings, her phone was pinging off cell towers as well so they're likely going off ping data provided by the phone company if they don't have the actual phone.

The reason I'm surprised that no one saw or heard anything is because the apartments are U shaped, single story with doors and windows facing each other. She lived on the very end unit opposite the back alley. They would have exited her apartment between, say, 9:30pm and 1:30am on a Monday night. They would have had to have been very quiet. Is it possible that they were killed in their sleep? Sure. Michael John Wolfe is a big man. I suppose he could have bundled them up and carried them out quietly once the coast was clear.

The reason I'm surprised that no one saw or heard anything is because the apartments are U shaped, single story with doors and windows facing each other. She lived on the very end unit opposite the back alley. They would have exited her apartment between, say, 9:30pm and 1:30am on a Monday night. They would have had to have been very quiet. Is it possible that they were killed in their sleep? Sure. Michael John Wolfe is a big man. I suppose he could have bundled them up and carried them out quietly once the coast was clear.
Welcome Gideon Rathbone! I agree it’s surprising that nobody heard anything. Just the fact that her cell phone moved around and pinged off of different towers leads me to believe that she was alive when she left the apartment.

Possibly. Or it was dropped/kept in the car and disposed of later. The day after she and Billy disappeared a text was sent from her phone at 2:30 pm. I believe this was to her employment stating she was ill and wouldn't be in to work. He could have sent the text himself to make it look like she wasn't missing... Yet. Watching her phone go off with desperate calls and texts from friends and family... Not daring to answer those. He likely wasn't thinking about cell towers and pings and Google locations. Just thinking of ways to buy time.

Possibly. Or it was dropped/kept in the car and disposed of later. The day after she and Billy disappeared a text was sent from her phone at 2:30 pm. I believe this was to her employment stating she was ill and wouldn't be in to work. He could have sent the text himself to make it look like she wasn't missing... Yet. Watching her phone go off with desperate calls and texts from friends and family... Not daring to answer those. He likely wasn't thinking about cell towers and pings and Google locations. Just thinking of ways to buy time.

The fact that KF's cellphone ended up in the Gaston area astonishes me. Most people do not keep their cell phone on their person while at home. Their phone is often charging or just set on a counter somewhere. This is especially true of women who keep often keep their phones in their purse.

If KF and WF were abducted by MW, then MW would not want KF to bring her cell phone. The fact that the phone went with her suggests that she was alive and concious. A probable scenario is her leaving under duress (threatened with a weapon?) but having an opportunity to covertly grab her phone. At some point she tries to call 911 but MW interrupts her?

I wonder if KF actually managed to send some text messages to friends. Given the time they might not have been read until morning.

I have not seen any local searches at all. So Wolfe could be holding the info and being stubborn or LE has no clues where to look. I still hold hope they are alive but the DA stated that they are not. So sad.

Welcome Gideon Rathbone! I agree it’s surprising that nobody heard anything. Just the fact that her cell phone moved around and pinged off of different towers leads me to believe that she was alive when she left the apartment.
They'll need a lot of donations for a double murder trial. Best
The fact that KF's cellphone ended up in the Gaston area astonishes me. Most people do not keep their cell phone on their person while at home. Their phone is often charging or just set on a counter somewhere. This is especially true of women who keep often keep their phones in their purse.

If KF and WF were abducted by MW, then MW would not want KF to bring her cell phone. The fact that the phone went with her suggests that she was alive and concious. A probable scenario is her leaving under duress (threatened with a weapon?) but having an opportunity to covertly grab her phone. At some point she tries to call 911 but MW interrupts her?

I wonder if KF actually managed to send some text messages to friends. Given the time they might not have been read until morning.
I think it's more likely that he killed them both in the apt. He could have smothered them, used chloroform or some other way that killers have devised to kill people. He brought her phone with to text her work that she was ill and couldn't come in to work. He was clever, but not so clever because he didn't realize cell phones ping off different towers while traveling. That smirk on his face in the booking photo tells me he's certain that the bodies can't be discovered - a "prove it" smirk.

I am so surprised/disappointed that Karissa and Billy haven't been found, it's sad :( I'm not so surprised that her phone ended up wherever it ended up. This guy is no rocket scientist. Sneaky and dishonest but not brilliant. Although, he probably thinks he is more intelligent than others.

This is my first post on Websleuths. I came to this forum specifically because of this case, having heard about the forum from a friend who watched the Killing Season. I’ve been following this case very closely, as I have a son, just over a year old, blonde hair like WF. It really feels like, based on the evidence collected that police and DA have been able to discuss, the victims are deceased. I don’t want to believe it, but it seems very unlikely that KF would be hiding with WF for this long without contacting their family. The case has given me nightmares. I really hope they are found, and justice is served.

This is my first post on Websleuths. I came to this forum specifically because of this case, having heard about the forum from a friend who watched the Killing Season. I’ve been following this case very closely, as I have a son, just over a year old, blonde hair like WF. It really feels like, based on the evidence collected that police and DA have been able to discuss, the victims are deceased. I don’t want to believe it, but it seems very unlikely that KF would be hiding with WF for this long without contacting their family. The case has given me nightmares. I really hope they are found, and justice is served.
Welcome to WS! The Yamhill DA already stated that evidence shows they are not alive. We can always hope but reality wise they are deceased and this a recovery operation. Really sad. Locally, ppl have been hit hard with this.

From the article:

[...]

A Grand Jury in Yamhill County indicted Wolfe earlier this week on two counts of aggravated murder and two counts of kidnapping, in addition to a charge of aggravated murder constituting domestic violence.

"There is a lot of other evidence that leads to the conclusion that they have been murdered," said Yamhill County District Attorney Brad Berry. "At some point, you have so much evidence you can’t explain it away as happenstance."

Wolfe is due in court June 20.

[...]

Welcome to Websleuths, @M Halibut! :)

From the article:

[...]

A Grand Jury in Yamhill County indicted Wolfe earlier this week on two counts of aggravated murder and two counts of kidnapping, in addition to a charge of aggravated murder constituting domestic violence.

"There is a lot of other evidence that leads to the conclusion that they have been murdered," said Yamhill County District Attorney Brad Berry. "At some point, you have so much evidence you can’t explain it away as happenstance."

Wolfe is due in court June 20.

[...]

Welcome to Websleuths, @M Halibut! :)

Obviously; Karissa and William were not killed with a shotgun. The judges, jurors and prosecutors of Yamhill County have been so brainwashed by watching Elmer Fudd hunt Buggs Bunny that they can not understand that a shotgun isa deadly weapon.

Excuse my sarcasm.

KOIN has a new article with a copy of the indictment for all to read.
Michael Wolfe indicted for murder of Karissa, Billy
Thanks, Jethro. A little from the article:

[...]

On Thursday afternoon, the grand jury in Yamhill County handed down a 5-count indictment: 2 counts of aggravated murder, 1 count of aggravated murder constituting domestic violence, and 2 counts of first-degree kidnapping. (Read the full indictment below)

The domestic violence charge was added because of the relationship between Wolfe and Fretwell.

The 3 aggravated murder charges indicate Karissa and Billy were killed "in the course of the same criminal episode."

All the counts charge Wolfe with the killing and kidnapping in Yamhill County "on or about May 13." Fretwell lived in Salem in Marion County, and Wolfe lived in Gaston, which is in both Yamhill and Washington counties.

[...]

Attachments

• Michael-Wolfe-Grand Jury Indictment.pdf
    209.5 KB · Views: 20
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors