OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And to me that means her vehicle would be more easily seen. I don't think she drove a truck to the school that day. I think she drove up in her bright RED mustang which stands out. My brother has one and he has to take his kids projects to school and has no problem with getting it in his vehicle and some of the exhibits are quite large.

IMO

bbm yep the trunks have plenty of room, its the backseat that is small, but still room for a project there even with Kyron. I believe we fit 3 kids in the backseat (not teens and not in carseats mind you)

Warning-a depressing post:

I can think of only one scenario that could have Kyron still be alive; that is if he was taken by someone who wanted a child for some reason AND that person lives with other people. Due to his age (Kyron's) it would not be like taking a baby or toddler, as Kyron could speak out, shout, call out his name, etc and even probably get out of a house while the abductor went out for food, etc, unless watched by another adult, or group of adults, such as in some type of commune or co-op setting. People choose babies for one reason, as a rule, to replace one they lost for example, and sadly, choose boys Kyron's age for worse reasons and usually do not keep them around as potential witnesses. Are there lots of oddball groups living together in a rural setting outside of Portland, I wonder?

IMO, a single person who took Kyron is not going to be found walking around Walmart with him, as Kyron could easily break away, attract enough attention to be noticed, even if not recognized as the missing boy. People would question any child being "restrained" in any way in public these days.

The reason that someone-who-knows-him-took- him- but -he -is -still -alive theory does not work for me, is because they would need a place to "keep" him and maintain him and this is not easy to do. Anyone Kyron knew or commented on to SM, such as a janitor who is friendly, or the man who brings water and always winks at him-Kyron probably told his SM about these people, as kids like having adult friends and they have probably been checked out. I am sure she had been asked, repeatedly, about anyone Kyron ever mentioned, as well as LE looking at everyone associated with school or neighborhood in any way. And stats have told us that children taken for sexual purposes do not survive long after the assault, mostly due to the ability to describe their abductor.

I do not feel that Kyron is alive at this point or that LE has a clear idea of what happened to him. Everything they seem to be doing points to covering all bases and the "natural progession" of a case without solid leads. They may well have a lead that points to the island, but it may not end up to be the right one. And I fear that even if Kyron is found (deceased), we may never know what really happened.

I am sad that I feel the way I do, and hope, of course to be proven wrong. JMO

Can anyone clarify the teacher/sub situation the day Kyron went missing? I've been surfing articles and I can't nail it down. From what I'm reading it sounds like the main teacher was there in the morning and left and a sub came in? Does anyone have confirmation on the teacher/sub day of the science fair?

I don't know why some people are having trouble finding Mr. Kelley's address, nor why that would lead to the innuendo being postulated about him.

Here is a link to Mr. Kelley's address. Took all of two minutes to find it.

http://www.whitepages.com/search/Re...401142&search_type=findperson&twitter_count=0

It's been on the case map since the day he was mentioned in the media. Case map can be viewed by clicking the globe below.

But seriously, we're going to suspect the witness now because he provided what may end up being crucial information to LE? Really?

yes, i agree with you. remember the poor meter reader in the ca case? people thought he was guilty of something as well. sad. i do however, think the wording of some of the media reports are to blame. if you haven't been following closely from the beginning, it sounds suspicious that LE would tow a white truck and search his house. even though we here know, the truck needs repairs and his area was searched because of his tips.

Or he thinks she's there early to see his science exhibit. :(

I feel SM knows of him since she worked at the school. I wonder even if he said hello to her that morning. This is JMO.

My stomach is in knots. I cannot imagine what the family is going through.

Praying he is found :praying:

Odd? A couple of days ago there was a report that searchers from our area were going home and now there's a report that another team is joining the search.

"The Explorers, like search and rescue workers from counties across Oregon, combed the terrain for up to seven hours a day. But at the end of their weekend mission -- still no sign of Kyron.

"It's a sad and somber feeling and I think everyone felt it that day that we had briefing. You realize it's real," said Roseburg volunteer Troy Phillips, 17. "As far as where he is and what's going on I think we're all hoping for the best."<snipped>

http://www.kval.com/news/96492769.html

I am very thankful they are still searching! :)

I believe the Horman home is the one at the bottom of this picture.

Thanks for the pic, Chili Fries!

That pic also explains why the media aren't camped out in force in front of the Horman's home; from that road, all they would see would be trees. No nearby businesses to provide bathrooms, drink, food, etc.

It looks like the road has a ditch on either side, so they would have to set up in the actual roadway, which would be a safety hazard.

So, at this point there is no confirmation that this person even lives in the area that he claims to live from the media interview, correct? Or, for that matter that his name is even JK, since he was not asked for any ID at all.

BTW, I went out to run errands for a bit. Since I kept getting stopped at all the lights, I started counting white trucks. There were 18 in a five mile drive! That would be 29 if I added the 11 white Suburbans I saw, and then there were about 8 white trucks that I did not count at all because they had clearly marked business logos on the sides. So, we can pretty well say that since LE has never indicated they are interested in the driver of a white truck, any association with this case AT ALL is speculation and rumor.

jmoo

Oh man. I just noticed that Kyron is holding a seed package in this photo. I didn't see that before and just happened to plant sunflowers in my garden yesterday for the first time ever.

http://www.kval.com/news/96492769.html

Where are you, Kyron?

I live in a very secluded rural area and I have no idea who lives a half mile from me on the other side of the main road.

I couldn't tell you who lives across the residential street from me in the 30+ houses. I couldn't tell you who any of those other people are. I could not tell you which people drive which vehicles.

I COULD tell you every single house which houses a BMW a Porsche or a cop. As well as any newer Camaro's, Mustangs, Dodge Challengers, etc. But I would never know whether the right person was driving said car, unless I know them personally.

If I saw a truck driving by my house and found it suspicious... I would be able to tell the cops that it was a White 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Extended Cab with a cover over the bed, nothing aftermarket on it and likely the license plate number too. With most people, you are lucky if you get Ford, Dodge, or GMC out of them. So Mr Kelley may have provided more information or it may have just been "white truck."

I could see someone in the area recognizing Terri's Mustang and remembering who drove it. I am certain there is not very many, if any that look like hers in the area. Especially if they saw the plate. But I doubt many people will recognize a Ford truck and remember that. Far too generic... Except for the purple one across the street from me. :waitasec:

JMO, but I picture the bus driver stopping everything upon finding Kyron's parent(s) waiting at the bus stop. He or she gets right on the phone and calls the school, all within hearing of SM, and establishes that he has not been in school all day, and the police are notified while the bus driver is still on the phone. At that point, there is nothing else to do but go directly to the school. JMO That scenario fits for me with who called 911 and the rest.

Nothing else to do except be shocked and paralyzed with fear, I know I would be. A thousand possibilities would run through my head making it difficult to know exactly the right thing to do, maybe they went home, called a couple of Kyron's friends or other neighbors to see if someone picked him up. There are many possibilities. moo

It doesn't say they arrived at the school at 4:18, just that in the scanner chatter, the LEO first mentions Terri's presence at the school at 4:18. So all we know is that they arrived at the school sometime between 3:30 at the bus stop and 4:18 when the LEO confirms a presence.

Personally, I would put big money on them having rushed right over to the school. There's nothing to indicate they didn't.

If they both went to the school, then I'd imagine it was because they expected to pick up Kyron and be on their merry way. We don't know at what point the school informed them he was missing. It may not have been until they arrived at the school.

I think we could take what scraps of info we've pieced together on this, and maybe come up with a better step-by-step mini-timeline for, say, 3:00pm to 5:00pm, than what I've thrown together.

On the truck, I agree that there is nothing so far to rule out the truck at 3pm near Kelley's being the Horman's truck. That's an easily drivable distance back to the bus stop by 3:30.

Thanks BeanE (again!) I didn't understand about the 4:18 time for Terri. I am probably still not getting this all straight in my mind, but I'm not sure how you are coming to your way of thinking in this instance: You state that they may have gone to the school expecting to pick up Kyron and be on their merry way. Yet, by 3:46 the school was calling 911. They (Kaine and Terri) must have known by this time that the school personnel could not locate Kyron. Do we know if they ever made their own call to 911?

Is is possible to make a verifiable time line? I mean do we have enough information that is verifiable regarding what the Hormans' movements were as soon as the bus driver spoke with them?

All the "coincidences" in this are just mind boggling to me.:banghead:
I have not really decided what I think happened and I go back and forth every hour it seems, but man the coincidences are just driving me nuts.

For anyone thinking that it's 'telling' or 'suspicious' that the parent(s) have not been more prominent in front of the media... just remember Susan Smith, the young mother who stood before the world, begging for the return of her two little sons.

Days later she admitted that she had killed the boys herself, having strapped them into the back seat of her car, and drowned them in a lake.

How much (or how little) time a parent chooses to spend in the spotlight has little bearing on their own guilt or innocence.

I tend to be more suspicious of parents who are putting themselves out there and going to vigils etc., because of the Munchausen thing.

Warning-a depressing post:

I can think of only one scenario that could have Kyron still be alive; that is if he was taken by someone who wanted a child for some reason AND that person lives with other people. Due to his age (Kyron's) it would not be like taking a baby or toddler, as Kyron could speak out, shout, call out his name, etc and even probably get out of a house while the abductor went out for food, etc, unless watched by another adult, or group of adults, such as in some type of commune or co-op setting. People choose babies for one reason, as a rule, to replace one they lost for example, and sadly, choose boys Kyron's age for worse reasons and usually do not keep them around as potential witnesses. Are there lots of oddball groups living together in a rural setting outside of Portland, I wonder?

IMO, a single person who took Kyron is not going to be found walking around Walmart with him, as Kyron could easily break away, attract enough attention to be noticed, even if not recognized as the missing boy. People would question any child being "restrained" in any way in public these days.

The reason that someone-who-knows-him-took- him- but -he -is -still -alive theory does not work for me, is because they would need a place to "keep" him and maintain him and this is not easy to do. Anyone Kyron knew or commented on to SM, such as a janitor who is friendly, or the man who brings water and always winks at him-Kyron probably told his SM about these people, as kids like having adult friends and they have probably been checked out. I am sure she had been asked, repeatedly, about anyone Kyron ever mentioned, as well as LE looking at everyone associated with school or neighborhood in any way. And stats have told us that children taken for sexual purposes do not survive long after the assault, mostly due to the ability to describe their abductor.

I do not feel that Kyron is alive at this point or that LE has a clear idea of what happened to him. Everything they seem to be doing points to covering all bases and the "natural progession" of a case without solid leads. They may well have a lead that points to the island, but it may not end up to be the right one. And I fear that even if Kyron is found (deceased), we may never know what really happened.

I am sad that I feel the way I do, and hope, of course to be proven wrong. JMO

BBM

But, neither Elizabeth or Shawn or Jaycee called out or ran for help. Elizabeth actually HEARD the searchers calling out her name, but felt that she could not respond due to her situation with her captors. All three of them to me were VERY intelligent and resourceful and older kids than Kyron. People who take kids have no qualms about telling them horrible things about their families...for example Steven Staynor was convinced his family GAVE him away because they couldn't afford him anymore.

jmoo

The DA would not be building a case against a family member in that family's home.

Their presence there (if this is actually a fact and not yet another rumor) would only serve to strengthen my belief that the family deserves not my suspicion but my support.

Hi, I have heard that on the news twice now. I can't imagine them reporting this if it isn't what is going on.

:cat:
Could someone please tell my who Mr. Kelly is and what his position is at the school. Thank you in advance.:confused:

:cat:
Could someone please tell my who Mr. Kelly is and what his position is at the school. Thank you in advance.:confused:

He has no position at the school, he was a random person interviewed by media who volunteered to be interviewed. He did not even remotely allude to knowing the family at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Susielarios