OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO, but I picture the bus driver stopping everything upon finding Kyron's parent(s) waiting at the bus stop. He or she gets right on the phone and calls the school, all within hearing of SM, and establishes that he has not been in school all day, and the police are notified while the bus driver is still on the phone. At that point, there is nothing else to do but go directly to the school. JMO That scenario fits for me with who called 911 and the rest.

So now you have me wondering if that was the "lure", someone telling him, his mom is outside to pick him up. He thinks, wow, she is early and goes to see.... trying to think out side the old box here.

Or he thinks she's there early to see his science exhibit. :(

Hi, Beane, I still have some questions about JK simply because of his proximity to the Horman house and that his place is said to be secluded. It also interests me that he provided all the info on the white truck...maybe trying to throw LE off in the very beginning. I have googled him and very little comes up, not even an address. JMOO

From one article I read I believe it said he AND a neighbour saw this truck.so its not a case of just one person seeing it.
MOO

me too. I don't recall it being reported that the Horman's neighbor's home was searched before. Maybe Kyron spent time there? It would be great to know if these neighbors had kids/playmates of Kyron...Oh the things that it would be great to know...

I wish we knew SOMETHING about why the neighbor's house was searched. Perhaps there is a juvenile who is a bully that lives in that house and attends the same school that Kyron did. Maybe he used to bully the older son until he moved in with his grandparents and then the bully went after Kyron.

BBM - I don't think they knew that Kyron hadn't been in school all day -- after all, that's where SM left him... I also don't think they heard that from the bus driver, I BELIEVE they got that information from calling the school (if I remember reading correctly).

I have put my own self in this situation a few times since Kyron has gone missing and as random information has been brought forward -- if I waited outside at the bus stop for my child to get off of, and he never did, I would have called the school right away and asked, "Is by chance he still lingering around? He didn't get off the bus! Did he miss it?" and if they told me .. "Well, your child wasn't here all day!" My heart would literally stop... I'd jump in a car and high tail it to the school -- WHERE I HAD LEFT HIM. I don't think I'd call 911 (fearing the worst), I'd get there as fast as I could, in hopes I'd find him there, standing outside the school, maybe wondering "Where'd all the buses go??". Weird reaction? Maybe... but jmo.. again, of what I'd do.. so I can honestly relate to their reactions.

I'd probably do the same- my mind would not go straight to the worst case scenario. Honestly I would be assuming there was a mix up at the bus lines and my son was sitting in the hallway at school. I'd probably go there ready to vent at the people putting the kids on the bus as I would automatically assume my son was actually at school!

BeanE

Here are the quotes you asked if I could find.

ABC Nightline Reporter – “Intially police said this was not a kidnapping.” http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/ “Holding Out Hope for Missing Child 3:08

"The case here is unique," added Arthur Balizan, FBI Special Agent in Charge. http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/ground_search_resumes_this_mor.html

Gates answering a reporter’s question if this is a kidnapping or abduction, (paraphrasing from the presser) “ I am very much prepared to say Kyron is missing and endangered. I am not prepared to change the focus of the investigation at this point as far as title.” http://www.kgw.com/video?id=95820394&sec=547977

FBI spokeswoman Beth Anne Steele said today that there’s not even enough evidence to classify the disappearance as an abduction. http://hot-news-update.info/sheriff-in-kyron-horman-search-vows-were-going-to-bring-you-home-buddy/

FBI spokeswoman Beth Anne Steele - "They're keeping all options open," she said. "They have no specific evidence at this point that he was kidnapped." http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Seattle-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m6d7-Missing-7yearold-Kyron-Horman-Sheriff-says-Were-going-to-bring-you-home-buddy

Sorry to take so long I had some appointments today. Going to go read what I missed, you girls have been busy:)

BBM - I don't think they knew that Kyron hadn't been in school all day -- after all, that's where SM left him... I also don't think they heard that from the bus driver, I BELIEVE they got that information from calling the school (if I remember reading correctly).

I have put my own self in this situation a few times since Kyron has gone missing and as random information has been brought forward -- if I waited outside at the bus stop for my child to get off of, and he never did, I would have called the school right away and asked, "Is by chance he still lingering around? He didn't get off the bus! Did he miss it?" and if they told me .. "Well, your child wasn't here all day!" My heart would literally stop... I'd jump in a car and high tail it to the school -- WHERE I HAD LEFT HIM. I don't think I'd call 911 (fearing the worst), I'd get there as fast as I could, in hopes I'd find him there, standing outside the school, maybe wondering "Where'd all the buses go??". Weird reaction? Maybe... but jmo.. again, of what I'd do.. so I can honestly relate to their reactions.
I really appreciate what you are saying.

I guess I am just going by my own reaction to finding that one of my children was not on their bus. Call the school, of course, but also IMMEDIATELY call 911. In this case two parents were right there, doubling the amount of calls that could be made within minutes. Then start calling the child's friend's families and get as many friends and family members to help search and call as possible.

I wish we knew SOMETHING about why the neighbor's house was searched. Perhaps there is a juvenile who is a bully that lives in that house and attends the same school that Kyron did. Maybe he used to bully the older son until he moved in with his grandparents and then the bully went after Kyron.
I highly doubt that scenario.

Was it the home that was searched or the property?

I'm still catching up on today's posts so I may be late with this. Kyron's SM and Dad are shown to be in the audience at last night's vigil. At approximately 1:00 on this video link -- http://www.kptv.com/video/23918603/index.html

I still don't see how snarky comments are helping anything at all. JMO.

Not sure if this has been posted yet.. seems to be some more pieces of a time line (if anyone is working directly with that, and again, if they haven't seen this information.) I apologize in advance if it's been posted already (hard to keep up with the thread movement).

http://primewriter.com/news-1246-headlines/?p=7367

(Cute pic of Kyron too .. :) ..)

I don't see their house on your map...Its the first house on the right as you enter their block...
The official Multnomah/Portland property records site shows the Horman house as the one at the bottom of the picture, where the main NW Sheltered Nook Rd turns north.

I don't know why some people are having trouble finding Mr. Kelley's address, nor why that would lead to the innuendo being postulated about him.

Here is a link to Mr. Kelley's address. Took all of two minutes to find it.

http://www.whitepages.com/search/Re...401142&search_type=findperson&twitter_count=0

It's been on the case map since the day he was mentioned in the media. Case map can be viewed by clicking the globe below.

But seriously, we're going to suspect the witness now because he provided what may end up being crucial information to LE? Really?

Puf, I appreciate your comments; however, there have been cases in the past where a person gave information to throw LE off their track. Maybe I have been watching too much CSI. I did see that name and addy when I googled but I had no idea that 6th st. was near Cornelius Pass Rd. I have never attacked a single post you have made. In fact, I try to take all sleuthers ideas and opinions and consider them. Obviously, I am not as seasoned a sleuther as you; maybe I'm not a sleuther at all. I'll just lurk. But I am entitled to my own opinion.

Could be many reasons...

1. Just a second search of the area.
2. Person who lives there is suspicious.
3. Perhaps they think someone could have thrown something out the window as they passed or stashed something there?

I completely agree with you about the school and the bus driver's response. I, too would greatly appreciate their help in finding my child.

Not to stir it up more, BeanE, but I didn't realize the Hormans didn't get to the school until 4:18. Were they just waiting while school officials looked around? I mean, if the school called 911 at 3:46, why hadn't one of the Hormans also called and why in the world didn't one of them stay at the house while the other one rushed to the school immediately? By 3:46 they knew their boy was missing. Why did it take so long to get to the school? Why did they both go to the school?

Just my questions and opinions.

It doesn't say they arrived at the school at 4:18, just that in the scanner chatter, the LEO first mentions Terri's presence at the school at 4:18. So all we know is that they arrived at the school sometime between 3:30 at the bus stop and 4:18 when the LEO confirms a presence.

Personally, I would put big money on them having rushed right over to the school. There's nothing to indicate they didn't.

If they both went to the school, then I'd imagine it was because they expected to pick up Kyron and be on their merry way. We don't know at what point the school informed them he was missing. It may not have been until they arrived at the school.

I think we could take what scraps of info we've pieced together on this, and maybe come up with a better step-by-step mini-timeline for, say, 3:00pm to 5:00pm, than what I've thrown together.

On the truck, I agree that there is nothing so far to rule out the truck at 3pm near Kelley's being the Horman's truck. That's an easily drivable distance back to the bus stop by 3:30.

I really appreciate what you are saying.

I guess I am just going by my own reaction to finding that one of children was not on their bus. Call the school, of course, but also IMMEDIATELY call 911. In this case two parents were right there, doubling the amount of calls that could be made within minutes. Then start calling the child's friend's families and get as many friends and family members to help search and call as possible.

A first inclination would be to panic, and then, having the bus driver immediately reacting and contacting the school will alleviate that for a few minutes, until the news comes back from the school end to say "We never had him marked as present here today" whereby the panic sets in again and thrusts out any complacency and ease with a situation which COULD have had an innocent answer (he missed the bus; he got a ride from another parent, etc etc....even if either is out of character for the child). Once the secondary panic sets in, it sounds like the Horman's were at the school as quickly as they possibly could get there. The road is twisty and turny all the way to the school and I cannot imagine you can go full bore around those curves. Once arrived, the next stage of alarms were sent out.

Meanwhile, the school has done its check of roll call, talked to the teacher whose room Kyron would be in, and have established something they can tell LE, who are now also alerted and making their way to the school, as well as to the home, where LE has requested one of the parents be when they get there, or Kyron is miraculously appeared.

It just isn't always that someone failed to do something in the beginning; sometimes it is that their hope and prayers are that the child is misbehaving in a manner that will be worth a talking to, and not a 12-day and counting search. KWIM?

...We can all support the family yet have suspicions also. Life is not either/or nor is it easy to hold conflicting thoughts and feeling about people, but it is part of being human.

This is my opinion and not intended to be argumentative or unkind to you, tlcox. We all look at life from our own lenses and we have to juggle it all, and try and make sense out of the senseless things humans are capable of. Well, that's what I believe.

Respectfully edited. I really appreciate your contributions, seeking truth, that use an "economy of words" and get right to the point. Your comments above (BBM) are a good example of this and so poignant in practically any of the cases that WSers follow. Depending on our respective ages, life experiences, knowledge of details involved in the case, etc., we approach each situation from a point of view that may be different than that of others. Doesn't mean that anyone is right or wrong, we just see things differently and that is how we are able to resolve puzzling issues in any of these high-profile cases.

I'm having difficulty keeping up with details of the disappearance of Kyron Horman but am grateful to those who are watching local news coverage and reading local papers to keep those of us not in the area abreast of what is going on in the search. While I hope that something like this doesn't happen near me, I would surely be prepared to reciprocate if or when the need arose for up-to-the-minute posts about a similar situation. My thoughts and prayers are with Kyron, his family, and friends.

The official Multnomah/Portland property records site shows the Horman house as the one at the bottom of the picture, where the main NW Sheltered Nook Rd turns north.

:seeya: OK.... I guess I had the wrong house number...

Prosecutor's or DA's office were spending quite a bit of time at the Horman home at this point.

I find this very interesting.The DA office was involved alot in JonBenet Ramsey's case.They do look like they are building a case against someone.I don't know who.
Hi, It was KPTV {12}, not KOIN lol, but they didn't repeat what they had said earlier. They just talked about the national tipline, the billboards and the vidgil last evening. xox

BeanE

Here are the quotes you asked if I could find.

ABC Nightline Reporter – “Intially police said this was not a kidnapping.” http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/ “Holding Out Hope for Missing Child 3:08

"The case here is unique," added Arthur Balizan, FBI Special Agent in Charge. http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/ground_search_resumes_this_mor.html

Gates answering a reporter’s question if this is a kidnapping or abduction, (paraphrasing from the presser) “ I am very much prepared to say Kyron is missing and endangered. I am not prepared to change the focus of the investigation at this point as far as title.” http://www.kgw.com/video?id=95820394&sec=547977

FBI spokeswoman Beth Anne Steele said today that there’s not even enough evidence to classify the disappearance as an abduction. http://hot-news-update.info/sheriff-in-kyron-horman-search-vows-were-going-to-bring-you-home-buddy/

FBI spokeswoman Beth Anne Steele - "They're keeping all options open," she said. "They have no specific evidence at this point that he was kidnapped." http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Seattle-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m6d7-Missing-7yearold-Kyron-Horman-Sheriff-says-Were-going-to-bring-you-home-buddy

Sorry to take so long I had some appointments today. Going to go read what I missed, you girls have been busy:)

Thank you so much, Dee!!! :blowkiss:

Hi, Beane, I still have some questions about JK simply because of his proximity to the Horman house and that his place is said to be secluded. It also interests me that he provided all the info on the white truck...maybe trying to throw LE off in the very beginning. I have googled him and very little comes up, not even an address. JMOO

This is a very interesting theory that I don't believe has been sleuthed or discussed much at all prior to now (although I admit that I might have missed *a few* posts on the 15+ threads!)
Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member