OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok - its noon out there - calling all locals - what are you hearing on the noon news?

Just a short blip about the vigil last night, and showing the billboards that are now up all over the area, and the tip line.
KGW8

Sounds like nothing new on noon news? And nothing new as far as anything?

Exactly Gourmet, the truck was noteworthy because it was unusual or suspicious for it to be there. Nothing suspicious about seeing your neighbor's truck on your street. erego, the suspicious white truck is not the Horman vehicle.

Bolding and underlining of your post by me.

In my opinion, you are not making a fully-informed leap of logic. I don't mean that to sound rude, this is just my opinion.

The suspicious truck COULD possibly be the Horman's truck. I don't think it is right to make assumptions about which neighbors know each other. It was stated by a least one witness that this is not a well traveled road, that it dead-ends. We have no idea what the two witnesses have told LE about the driver and the truck they saw that day and early morning of the next day.

MY OPINIONS.

My fav pic of Kyron. What a cutie!

Pic26.jpg

What happened to you, sweetheart?

Sounds like nothing new on noon news? And nothing new as far as anything?

GRRRRR.. soooo frustrating!!! :banghead:

Please, pleaseeee.. Kyron, come home, baby.. you are so loved and very much missed....

Exactly Gourmet, the truck was noteworthy because it was unusual or suspicious for it to be there. Nothing suspicious about seeing your neighbor's truck on your street. erego, the suspicious white truck is not the Horman vehicle.

I don't see how we know he was familiar with the Horman's or their truck. He lives across the main road, about a half mile away. The Hormans have only lived at their current address for about 3 years so I doubt they are well known in the neighborhood. I live in a very secluded rural area and I have no idea who lives a half mile from me on the other side of the main road.

Kaine, in his e-mail says "we" as to going to get Kyron off the bus, calling the school, etc.. The scanners picked up a reference to the parents being instructed that at least one of them needed to wait for police back at their house.

This was also a weekend that Kyron was going AWAY himself, to be with his other set of parents. He was (likely - assuming again) scheduled to leave soon after he got off the bus.

Assume for the sake of a brief discussion that both mom & dad were waiting for Kyron.

Dad might be waiting because he makes it a point to be there to say goodbye to Kyron when it's time for his away weekend.

Who else knew that Kyron was leaving town as soon as he got off that bus, and therefore, they only had Friday, and only while Kyron was at school to take Kyron? (Otherwise he'd be gone for the w/e)

Two days ago, I posted about 4 big things that stick in my craw. I might have to add this as the 5th thing - the fact that Kyron went missing from school just before he was scheduled to leave town for the weekend.

I also recall that in one of the Press Conferences, when LE was asked what Kyron had been looking forward to doing - an answer in the immediate factual snese, was sidestepped. Because, in all likelihood, he'd been "looking forward" to a weekend with Desiree. Rather than discuss Kyron's expectations for the weekend, they talked about activities Kyron like to do.

I am mulling this and other things today as you can see... anyone can mull along if they like...

(BBM) Thank you for this post. Can you (or someone) point me to the link that confirms Kyron was leaving that weekend to spend with his bio mom?

I believe the Horman home is the one at the bottom of this picture. Is the house across the street the one at the top of the picture or does NW Sheltered Nook continue to the left as what seems to be shown on the Portland Maps site? So...is the house at the top of the picture the neighbor across the street or is there another house to the left?

4706427059_424e223457_b.jpg

The theme of 'privacy' certainly is a consistent one for the Hormans! moo

The DA would not be building a case against a family member in that family's home.

Their presence there (if this is actually a fact and not yet another rumor) would only serve to strengthen my belief that the family deserves not my suspicion but my support.
I have to disagree with you here, tlcox. I imagine that the District Attorney would build (do their paperwork) the case in their office, yet interview people wherever they decided to do the interview. We can all support the family yet have suspicions also. Life is not either/or nor is it easy to hold conflicting thoughts and feeling about people, but it is part of being human.

This is my opinion and not intended to be argumentative or unkind to you, tlcox. We all look at life from our own lenses and we have to juggle it all, and try and make sense out of the senseless things humans are capable of. Well, that's what I believe.

I don't know why some people are having trouble finding Mr. Kelley's address, nor why that would lead to the innuendo being postulated about him.

Here is a link to Mr. Kelley's address. Took all of two minutes to find it.

http://www.whitepages.com/search/Re...401142&search_type=findperson&twitter_count=0

It's been on the case map since the day he was mentioned in the media. Case map can be viewed by clicking the globe below.

But seriously, we're going to suspect the witness now because he provided what may end up being crucial information to LE? Really?

I am too. I'm trying to figure out who the neighbor is but the Multnomah County property records site is tough to deal with here is the link:

http://multcoproptax.com/search.asp

This map provides the address for Kyron's dad and stepmom:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=113741092510424599794.0004885502c0e5890795a&t=h&z=10

Makes me wonder if they think the neighbor could have been at the school that morning, maybe he or she has a kid at Skyline.

You can find good info at portlandmaps.com

I believe the Horman home is the one at the bottom of this picture. Is the house across the street the one at the top of the picture or does NW Sheltered Nook continue to the left as what seems to be shown on the Portland Maps site? So...is the house at the top of the picture the neighbor across the street or is there another house to the left?

4706427059_424e223457_b.jpg

I don't see their house on your map...Its the first house on the right as you enter their block...

What if Kyron told the person that he was going to his mom's this weekend, like a person in the neighborhood? Or they bumped into somebody while out earlier in the week, and were talking about the fair and him going with his mom, all in innocence and the perp saw an opportunity? This could be another parent at the school and she doesn't even recall the conversation.

Kaine, in his e-mail says "we" as to going to get Kyron off the bus, calling the school, etc.. The scanners picked up a reference to the parents being instructed that at least one of them needed to wait for police back at their house.

This was also a weekend that Kyron was going AWAY himself, to be with his other set of parents. He was (likely - assuming again) scheduled to leave soon after he got off the bus.

Assume for the sake of a brief discussion that both mom & dad were waiting for Kyron.

Dad might be waiting because he makes it a point to be there to say goodbye to Kyron when it's time for his away weekend.

Who else knew that Kyron was leaving town as soon as he got off that bus, and therefore, they only had Friday, and only while Kyron was at school to take Kyron? (Otherwise he'd be gone for the w/e)

Two days ago, I posted about 4 big things that stick in my craw. I might have to add this as the 5th thing - the fact that Kyron went missing from school just before he was scheduled to leave town for the weekend.

I also recall that in one of the Press Conferences, when LE was asked what Kyron had been looking forward to doing - an answer in the immediate factual snese, was sidestepped. Because, in all likelihood, he'd been "looking forward" to a weekend with Desiree. Rather than discuss Kyron's expectations for the weekend, they talked about activities Kyron like to do.

I am mulling this and other things today as you can see... anyone can mull along if they like...

I'm not sure where there's suspicion about what Mr Kelley says he saw. The only speculation is whether that truck could in fact have been the Horman's truck and then how and who and why they would be where Mr Kelley says he saw the truck, as well as the other witness who claims to have seen a similar vehicle at 2 a.m.

Those seem legitimate questions.

What if Kyron told the person that he was going to his mom's this weekend, like a person in the neighborhood? Or they bumped into somebody while out earlier in the week, and were talking about the fair and him going with his mom, all in innocence and the perp saw an opportunity? This could be another parent at the school and she doesn't even recall the conversation.

Or maybe has witnessed him leaving and returning every other weekend at approximately the same time of day. Wouldn't have to actually know the family to figure out their routine.

In speaking of what a parent dose when a kid dose come home after school as expected I remembered a day I did not come home. I was kept after. The teacher never called. My parents called and went to my school which was very close (I was a walker). I finally made it home and thank God my aunt and uncle lived in the apartment above us cause that's where I went when I did not find mom and dad. I wonder what other kids would do if they came home to an empty house and did not have family right upstairs to go to? My parents were VERY angry they were not called and even more because she sent me through the woods in case my folks were driving by so they would not see me.

Or maybe has witnessed him leaving and returning every other weekend at approximately the same time of day. Wouldn't have to actually know the family to figure out their routine.

So now you have me wondering if that was the "lure", someone telling him, his mom is outside to pick him up. He thinks, wow, she is early and goes to see.... trying to think out side the old box here.

I don't see how we know he was familiar with the Horman's or their truck. He lives across the main road, about a half mile away. The Hormans have only lived at their current address for about 3 years so I doubt they are well known in the neighborhood. I live in a very secluded rural area and I have no idea who lives a half mile from me on the other side of the main road.

My apologies. I was under the impression that they lived closer to each other and "probably" knew one another at least by face and which vehicle belonged to which neighbors. Mr. Kelley actually lives 1 1/2 miles from the Hormans. I guess it's very possible that they didn't know one another. Still completely possible that they did. Maybe not in your area but here in the midwest in the rural areas you can't fart in the wind without someone knowing about it.

Kelley, who lives about a mile and a half down hill, at the end of a winding, secluded country lane off Cornelius Pass, said police, federal agents, K-9 teams and helicopters scoured the area Saturday.

"We had two odd sightings of a vehicle on our road Friday," Kelley said. Around 3 p.m., he and a neighbor reported seeing a white pick-up truck with a female driver pull to the end of the long road, idle and then turn around. Then again at 2 a.m. Saturday morning, a similar white pickup truck appeared, idled and when a neighbor loosed her dogs, eased away.

"A, it was strange to have a car there, any car there, that we didn't know, and B, it was strange to have a vehicle come down our dead-end road twice in the same day, hours after a little boy goes missing," said Kelley. "That's beyond rare."

Kelley said authorities have twice searched the deep ravine, creek and railroad tracks located near the end of his street by air and on foot.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/day_three_search_continues_hun.html

I think it was like this:

3:30pm The Hormans go to the school bus stop and discover that Kyron is not on the bus.

Hormans say to bus driver, "Well, where the heck is our kid???".

Bus driver says, "No idea. Let me buzz right in to the school and see if they've got him."

School receives bus driver call, and does a quick look around for Kyron. (This was reported. I'll need to look through the links for it.)

Not finding Kyron, school calls 911.

3:46pm School secretary calls 911.

Somewhere in there after school doesn't find Kyron, it's communicated back to them (through bus driver?), and they hightail it over to the school by 4:18, when LE scanner confirms stepmom's at the school (I believe both stepmom and biodad are at the school personally), and says biodad needs to go home.

I see nothing out of sorts with the bus driver making the call to the school, and the school to 911. If a school lost my child, they sure as heck better be making some calls.

I completely agree with you about the school and the bus driver's response. I, too would greatly appreciate their help in finding my child.

Not to stir it up more, BeanE, but I didn't realize the Hormans didn't get to the school until 4:18. Were they just waiting while school officials looked around? I mean, if the school called 911 at 3:46, why hadn't one of the Hormans also called and why in the world didn't one of them stay at the house while the other one rushed to the school immediately? By 3:46 they knew their boy was missing. Why did it take so long to get to the school? Why did they both go to the school?

Just my questions and opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members