OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JBean, thank you so much for all that you do and for your patience with the Kyron thread. Under your table with the computer during the earthquake was a show of your dedication to WS and to getting this thread on track for all.

I appreciate a a thread that is not tangled with rumors that have a propensity for a life of their own. I believe we are smarter here at WS than to pursue rumors and witchhunts. Thanks to JBean and Bean E for keeping this thread ethical and civil. I appreciate it immensely :blowkiss:

What she said!

JBean, thank you so much for all that you do and for your patience with the Kyron thread. Under your table with the computer during the earthquake was a show of your dedication to WS and to getting this thread on track for all.

I appreciate a a thread that is not tangled with rumors that have a propensity for a life of their own. I believe we are smarter here at WS than to pursue rumors and witchhunts. Thanks to JBean and BeanE for keeping this thread ethical and civil. I appreciate it immensely :blowkiss:

Yep, I agree.

And Kimster.

The house directly across the street from the Horman's looks like it is a rental (the owner has a different address per assessors info).

Was the house that was searched directly across the street?

ETA: When I do a reverse addy search on whitepages I get the owners name.

I have so many questions...

which car did Kyron and sm take to school?
unknown

did dad go to work that day and if so what car was taken?
unknown

did they perhaps ride together?
unknown

what is with the white truck sightings?
some guy saw some truck

what white truck was towed?
the Horman's truck was towed. the news station asked the sheriff's office about it, who said the Hormans had it towed to the dealership for mechanical problems.

who is the witness that LE has not named (I don't think) that has said to have seen Kyron after sm left?
don't know because LE has not named them

who else would have known Kyron was leaving to go to his mom's for the weekend right after school?
don't know

who was at the bus stop to meet him? both sm and dad? Is dad, why was he home at that time? work early off early? planning on heading right out to Kyron's mom's as a family?
according to dad, dad and mom met the bus. don't know why he was home.

has any 911 calls been released?
no

any statements been released?
lots!
http://www.flashalert.net/news.html?id=1276&alert=1
http://www.mcso.us/public/newsroom.htm

does Orgean operate like FL's sunshine laws?
don't know

My answers in blue.

I have seen on tv programs where they teach children to if someone is trying to grab them to drop to the ground and kick and yell stranger stranger 911 over and over. They say it is more difficult for someone to grab someone and carry them off when they are on the ground and a legs distance away kicking. I don't know which is better though - to do that or to run. But I guess if they have a hold of you, to drop would be better than to stand and kick and scream. I don't know. Scary.

Respectfully snipped. BBM. This is great advice. I have a 4 year old that is autistic. He weighs around 35 pounds. He often drops like that when he doesn't want to do something and it is extremely hard on my back. It is next to impossible to pick him up when he is kicking and throwing a tantrum. I would say most abductors are not going to want to deal w/ such behavior.

sorry if this has been covered, but how large is this population and how many le are there? are there alot of crime/abductions/kidnappings that occur there or is this very rare? are the local le following the fbi's lead, or are they following their own departmental protocol/training?

tyia!

If we are allowed to do this (I have on other cases) I can try to fiddle with it. It you go to that assessors site and put in just NW SHELTERED NOOK you will get 56 results to look thru. I am used to looking at a better map system with the assessors site so you can click on neighbors houses, etc. With this site it isn't that easy. I also looked on zillow.com to see if it shows the different plots with addresses but not much came up and I could not tell exactly where I was.

ETA: They are on lots 36 & 37.
Thank you. I tried the street name but didn't get the list because I forgot to remove "road" at the end. It is very hard to see the relationships between the different properties. If you do find the neighbor please post initials. I'll do the same if I figure it out.

I appreciate a a thread that is not tangled with rumors that have a propensity for a life of their own. I believe we are smarter here at WS than to pursue rumors and witchhunts. Thanks to JBean and BeanE for keeping this thread ethical and civil. I appreciate it immensely :blowkiss:

BBM. I appreciate it, but I took a hiatus from modding for several days, and am just getting back to it this morning. I did not do any work, and certainly deserve no credit. All credit and thanks go to JBean, who has been just wonderful.

Thank you. I tried the street name but didn't get the list because I forgot to remove "road" at the end. It is very hard to see the relationships between the different properties. If you do find the neighbor please post initials. I'll do the same if I figure it out.

The other link that was posted works GREAT! Thanks to the person who posted it!!

http://www.portlandmaps.com/

Does anyone have the link handy of the house that was searched?

That wasn't an Oregon case though was it?

I don't have anything that shows the Oregon police would do the same as another state.

On their site they do say the offer the families of victims assistance and I believe that is exactly what they are doing because they do see all of them as victims who had their child ripped away from them.

IMO

No, the Devon Epps case was in South Carolina - close to where I grew up. I followed it closely, and I just see similarities to the way LE is handling the investigation. The main point being - I believe LE has a good suspect, and I believe they will take their time to build a case. I don't think we will see an arrest right away - maybe not even if the body is found. I have no idea who their suspect is at this point in time. In Devon Epps case, it was obviously his mother that murdered him. In Kyron's case, we know almost nothing for a fact - not even if he is living or deceased.

Not to mention how stupid would she have to be to go back to the "scene" at 2AM while probably being watched by LE, her husband, Kyron's mom, SD, reporters, etc....
IF this involves the step-mother, then she would probably be in a panic, I would think. She would not be thinking or behaving rationally IF she had anything to do with harming Kyron. We have no idea if she is intelligent or not. (This is in response to comment made by wvjules, who states in the post I am responding to "Not to mention how stupid would she have to be to go back to the "scene" at 2AM ...")

The witness, Kelley, who reported seeing the white truck being driven by a female in the afternoon didn't mention (in the article, anyway)hair color at all. Possibly the other witness did mention hair color to someone; either media or LE and this has not been reported. Who knows? I don't think that being a redhead rules out the possibility that Terri was on this man's street; either in the afternoon or the early morning of the next day. Also, the female could have been wearing a cap like the one Karen Horman was wearing in the video at the gym, when she and Kaine hurried into their car. Her hair could have been tucked into a cap, hat, or scarf, or the hair color was intentionally not mentioned.

Who knows? Just trying to reason things out with the few facts we have.

my opinions.

Maybe it has been answered and I just couldn't locate it but does anyone happen to know when Kyron is with his mother on her weekends, do they stay somewhere local?

Is the Stepmother of Kyron Horman Being Unfairly Targeted?

Professionals such as Clint VanZandt, a criminal profiler and former FBI agent, find this "tight-lipped` approach to be counterproductive to any forward progress in the case. Cooperation between the police and family, and there interaction with the media, can go a long way in solving a case. The classic case of Elizabeth Smart was cited by VanZandt, as proof of this

http://thesop.org/story/opinion/201...ri-moulton-horman-being-unfairly-targeted.php

To be honest, I don't find that ES's parent's appearances made much differance at all until the little sister remembered who she saw and Ed took it public. Police involved in the investigation have already stated that the parents are cooperating fully, so I'm not sure WHAT CVZ is talking about with that!

If my child did not get off the bus, I, too, would go to the school if that's where I thought he was all day.

I am still boggled as to why LE hasn't said in a statement that the parents are ruled out if they are indeed ruled out. It would really help the public help them find this child if it is true.

snipped your post a little just to save space! I would have high-tailed it to the school, too.

LE hasn't ruled out ANYBODY in this case, not the parents/step-parents, not school staff, not other parents, nobody. I don't read anything sinister into that, just that the investigation is still on-going. It is good to know that LE have said that the parents/step-parents are cooperating!

I'm finding many things about this case just odd.

Vigil a symbol of hope for Kyron’s safe return

Kyron’s parents and stepparents watched the vigil from a private room.

:waitasec:

I cannot even imagine what the motive could be to not want to be surrounded by and touched by people who have their beautiful son in their hearts.

"motive" has a sort of negative connotation regarding the parents decision to view the vigil from a private room.

While you may not be able to imagine it, many people would not want to be surrounded by and touched by people----many of whom would be strangers to the family----I know just the thought of a bunch of people coming up to me and touching me would creep me out! I am also a person who grieves privately, in fact my grief is so private to me that I have not attended funerals of people/relatives I loved dearly.

Not everybody is the same. That's not odd, that's just a testament to the variety of personalities on this little blue ball we call home!

Also, we have no idea what this family has faced regarding threats, etc. It may have been a safety issue instead of a privacy issue.

I always thought that was the "cry room" or for breastfeeding, wiggly toddlers etc., but I could be wrong.

IMO, this family's obsession with privacy is being taken so far, it makes me think of people who have a phobia about being in public. Is it called agoraphobia? From what we've seen of the family's history of being invloved in public lives at work, school and online, that makes no sense to me.

There is a difference between being private and hiding. Private people avoid deep coversations or don't talk about personal lives. People who hide are exhibiting fear of being "discovered", IMO.

What obsession with privacy? Terri is well known and well liked in Kyron's school and in the community! Why is it so strange that a family might draw together and out of the public eye during a time like this? Why would it be interpreted as "hiding"?

I don't know if this thought had been brought up yet. I had a fleeting thought. What if the POI is a LEO or in security? I mean that would change my dynamic of how I looked at the way it is being investigated.

JMO stabbing in the dark here.

There is no POI that we know of, not in or out of uniform!

Not necessarily. We have no idea how many other parents were there at the same time, nor how many staff members.

I think it's an opinion that she would have been guaranteed to get a good parking spot by arriving at the school when she did, not a fact.

MOO.

I don't think schools are open and accessible to students until MANY staff members are on campus. We don't know how many, but I bet it is safe to assume there were a good many staff members at the time!

Weird thing though..they couldnt attend the vigil for there missing son or be with other people at least and yet have no probems in attending the gym.

JMO

They WERE there!

IF this involves the step-mother, then she would probably be in a panic, I would think. She would not be thinking or behaving rationally IF she had anything to do with harming Kyron. We have no idea if she is intelligent or not. (This is in response to comment made by wvjules, who states in the post I am responding to "Not to mention how stupid would she have to be to go back to the "scene" at 2AM ...")

The witness, Kelley, who reported seeing the white truck being driven by a female in the afternoon didn't mention (in the article, anyway)hair color at all. Possibly the other witness did mention hair color to someone; either media or LE and this has not been reported. Who knows? I don't think that being a redhead rules out the possibility that Terri was on this man's street; either in the afternoon or the early morning of the next day. Also, the female could have been wearing a cap like the one Karen Horman was wearing in the video at the gym, when she and Kaine hurried into their car. Her hair could have been tucked into a cap, hat, or scarf, or the hair color was intentionally not mentioned.

Who knows? Just trying to reason things out with the few facts we have.

my opinions.

Who is Karen? The SM is Terri.

FTR, I do NOT believe the SM or any immediate family member is involved. My post was an attempt to say how unlikely it was that the white truck was the SM.

I personally would like to see the rumors stopped here too, as they take up pages and pages of space...as well as the discussions about school security in general, which does deserve its own thread, IMO, but just not here, unless it is specific to this school. It is very confusing, sometimes I think I am reading something from a local and then halfway down realize that I am not.

But I understand how easy it is to recall instances relevant to your own lives and want to post on them, just to be doing something, as we are positively straved for information.

Let's hope we get something soon so that we can fill up pages discussing something verifiable and useful to this particular case. I feel we are getting mixed signals from LE as to what they think happened....billboards, diving in rivers, etc...which scares me as to what they really know or don't know.

JMO on all of above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member