OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who think there are too many coincidences - could it be that step-mom was framed to look like the abductor? White truck appearing twice in a place trucks never venture and driven by a woman at 3p and 2am? Someone who abducts a child may not be that conspicuous but someone trying to make it seem like it's someone specific would. moo mho

I've posted a few times asking about the teacher/sub situation and have not seen a reply from anyone. This leads me to believe either 1 of 2 things.. either that has not been clearly documented by the media (what transpired) or it's such a stupid question no one is bothering with it. :blushing:

It would be very suspicious to me, and a road I would hope LE would go down quickly after Kyron went missing, if the main and usual teacher was there in the morning and left and a sub was called/came in. Where did she go and why (if this is the case)? What about polygraphs on her or checking her alibi and vehicle?

I don't know why it's bothering me so much.. i think that I can't find any information on it and in previous articles I think I remember reading that the main teacher left and it was a sub that noticed he was missing and something about the main teacher saying not to worry he's likely in the bathroom or something?

Total speculation and trying to recall exact details.. I'm just hoping someone can clear this up for me so I can move on from it.

Here're the articles and videos from which the sub info came:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5272107&postcount=20"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR Kyron Horman - Portland, Oregon MEDIA AND IMAGES LINKS[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5272063&postcount=17"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR Kyron Horman - Portland, Oregon MEDIA AND IMAGES LINKS[/ame]

Thinking about the white truck that was seen at 2am. I'm surprised that nobody has come forward to say, 'hey that was me.' It seems with all the attention it got, IF the person that drove down that dead end road at 2am had a reasonable explanation... they would have come forward to calm the public who are all so worried about what happened to Kyron.

The only explanation I can think of for a weird car parking/lounging on some dead end road that would be reasonable is: a makeout session with the people in it, or cruising by looking for wi-fi do something online.

If the truck was somehow involved in Kyrons disappearance I still cant imagine what it would be doing there. I'm under the impression Kyron went missing very early on, so a 3pm and a 2am appearance dont make sense. What would it be doing?

I don't know why it's bothering me so much.. i think that I can't find any information on it and in previous articles I think I remember reading that the main teacher left and it was a sub that noticed he was missing and something about the main teacher saying not to worry he's likely in the bathroom or something?
This is the one that I keep thinking about. Tanner, Kyron's deskmate, said something like this. He said substitute teacher and the school denied that there were any subs that day, and it seemed like that was the end of it. They also blew it off because it was said by a second grader, but I see no reason to dismiss this. I think, and this is JMO, that he was referring to a volunteer. The teacher left and the volunteer didn't later go trying to find out why KH never came back from the bathroom? To me this is key to what happened, because the baton didn't get passed solidly to the helper/assistant/aide person.

Tanner wasn't supposed to make this public, clearly. I'd be very interested if I'm wrong here on the facts, and it's up to each one of us to decide whether what a seven year old says can be trusted. It mattered to him because they were best friends at school. I trust what he said. :cow:

I am probably a couple of threads behind; however, I just finished reading this article:

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html

In the article it stated that Kryon dropped his coat in backpack off at his classroom. Does anyone know if the coat and backpack were in the classroom all day? Where they found in the classroom or did Kyron go back and get them? Would a teacher notice the extra backpack and coat?

It also sounds like the school was full of people who were not school staff members?

Are there lots of oddball groups living together in a rural setting outside of Portland, I wonder?
I don't know how to answer that.. I suppose yes, the same as around any town. I know of more on the east side of town but this particular area isn't known for any group/s.
My initial reply was 'No, they're living IN town' as there are several co-housing groups in the area. These are NOT groups I would look at as a threat to children, more your peace n' love types.

IMO, a single person who took Kyron is not going to be found walking around Walmart with him,
I recognize your thought could apply to any big retailer, but you might be interested to know that we don't really have any Walmart stores here. Srsly!
(there is one store on SE 82nd at the other end of the world from this case)

For those who think there are too many coincidences - could it be that step-mom was framed to look like the abductor? White truck appearing twice in a place trucks never venture and driven by a woman at 3p and 2am? Someone who abducts a child may not be that conspicuous but someone trying to make it seem like it's someone specific would. moo mho
I highly doubt it.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html

In the article it stated that Kryon dropped his coat in backpack off at his classroom. Does anyone know if the coat and backpack were in the classroom all day? Where they found in the classroom or did Kyron go back and get them? Would a teacher notice the extra backpack and coat?

I'd really like to know the answer to that, also.
Is it another of the 'no comment' questions?

That's the thing.. I know I remember reading something about it. Raeann replied that the school confirmed there were no subs in that day so it could have been a quote from a confused child.

my friend is a substitute at our school. he is also a parent of kids at our school. if he were at the science fair as a parent - tanner may refer to him as "the substitute".

I've posted a few times asking about the teacher/sub situation and have not seen a reply from anyone. This leads me to believe either 1 of 2 things.. either that has not been clearly documented by the media (what transpired) or it's such a stupid question no one is bothering with it. :blushing:

It would be very suspicious to me, and a road I would hope LE would go down quickly after Kyron went missing, if the main and usual teacher was there in the morning and left and a sub was called/came in. Where did she go and why (if this is the case)? What about polygraphs on her or checking her alibi and vehicle?

Total speculation and trying to recall exact details.. I'm just hoping someone can clear this up for me so I can move on from it.

As far as the white truck thing goes.. Personally I am not concerned really with the fact if it was the Hormans truck or not persay.. I am more interested in the times.. that the dead end backs up to water and this truck was extremely out of place both times - shortly after a boy has gone missing. That, to me does not seem like a coincidence.. it seems like something fairly relevant.. regardless. As far as WHO was driving it, i'd reckon it's hard to see at 2am for one.. but hair color should not come into play.. plenty of wigs in the world. I would have hoped that forensics were done on possible tire tracks this truck would have left etc. It does sound like they've searched the area. Even if he was not left there.. this very well could have been someone looking for a place to leave a body. (god it turns my stomach to even type that)..

I really hope he's out there and alive. It really is possible. Maybe there is a whole other aspect none of us know anything about. Perhaps his birth mom felt he was mistreated or something.. wanted to get him out of there.. perhaps she had a friend make the drive and lure him out of school.. I mean.. if this were the case.. he'd be safe and tucked away somewhere. Stranger things have happened.

I just keep praying for his safe return. If anyone can help me out on my questions about the teacher/sub I'd really appreciate it. Sorry for rambling. I too have a little boy (almost 6) and I just can't focus on anything right now.. i'm filled with worry for this sweet little boy.

Edit to add - Thread going so fast I see Raeann replied on the Sub situation - thank you. Must have been posting at the same time.

The information about the substitute teacher was reported at the link -- http://www.koinlocal6.com/news/loca...te-noticed-Horman/TVY3YTREG0SyCP3tb3MkZg.cspx from Tanner, classmate of Kyron's.

Just to bounce off your post...

FWIW, the scanner chatter doesn't indicate that 4:18 is when parents arrived. I think that is an erroneous assumption.

From the transcript alone, we have NO idea when the first officer(s) arrived at the school, nor do we know when the parents arrived or if they were present when LE arrived. Please note too that much of it was transmitted through another channel. The conversation at 4:18 - 4:20 appear to be two officers telling each other what task they're about to do (or have done).

You simply can't take that little bit of information and assume the parents didn't arrive until 4:18.
Calliope, this was all my doing. BeanE is responding to a post I made. I thought the "chatter" was stating that the parent(s) arrived at the school at 4:18pm. The post you responded to, written by BeanE, was actually saying what you are saying; that we don't know what time they (one or both of Kyron's parents~Kaine and Terri) arrived at the school, just that it was transmitted at 4:18 that parents were at the school.

I highly doubt it.

Why? To go there twice, the woman or those driving the white truck had to know it was a dead end. It aroused suspicions, enough so LE were called and actually went out to the area and searched. I have to ask, unless someone is really dimwitted, why would anyone do that using a white truck like that of dad and/or step-mom? moo

All we really know is that he was at school and became missing sometime that day?

Is it odd that Tony Phipps, the convicted sex offender arrested in St. Helens for allegedly trying to grab a fifth grader on his way home from school a few days after Kyron disappeared, and who I had read was registered in Lane County on the Oregon Sex Offender registry, is apparently no longer listed on said registry when I just checked it.

Why? To go there twice, the woman or those driving the white truck had to know it was a dead end. It aroused suspicions, enough so LE were called and actually went out to the area and searched. I have to ask, unless someone is really dimwitted, why would anyone do that using a white truck like that of step-moms? moo

How do we even know the white truck was one like step-mom's (dad's)?

There are many different kinds of trucks and do you know how MANY white trucks there are? White is probably one of the most common colors for a truck.

JMO

I am probably a couple of threads behind; however, I just finished reading this article:

It also sounds like the school was full of people who were not school staff members?
:cat:
I have been wondering the same thing James. There are a lot of questions that have not been answered. I would think the new media would have looked in to that right a way. That is one of the first questions I would have asked. In fact I think I did mention that in one of my posts. Are we allowed to call the school and ask questions?

Seriously, do you know how many white trucks there must be in the area? No one in the family appears to be blond. If was SM's truck, don't you think someone would have notice her disappearing at 2 am? I'm not seeing any of this as coincidence.

Why? To go there twice, the woman or those driving the white truck had to know it was a dead end. It aroused suspicions, enough so LE were called and actually went out to the area and searched. I have to ask, unless someone is really dimwitted, why would anyone do that using a white truck like that of step-moms? moo

Hi ;} Just for clarification after all the posts I've now read in catching up:

* The white Horman truck ~was it towed from a neighbor's property across the street or from their own property?

* This neighbor's house, is it also the one which was searched by LE?

* Was this neighbor's house a rental?

* The great photo of the Horman house at the bottom of the pic where the road starts to bend North doesn't show a house right across the street so it might be off the map. The closest house we see across Sheltered Nook Dr from the Horman's looks like a really nice property and I'd wonder if that is a rental?

Ta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member