Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news: It doesn't get dark up here until around 9PM or later these days

Bad news: It is supposed to rain cats and dogs tomorrow.

The science fair was in the morning. I read that school was to start at 10:00am that day.

10:00am?? Anyone know if this is the normal start time or was it just later cuz of the science fair? Seems kind of late to start the school day.

wow, you are impressive Valley Boy. That was exactly the story. Thank you

Just done a google search for magician abducts girl from school
and that was the first one that came up.

Has it been reported that the school, all of it, has been searched thoroughly?

I just got back from driving in the area of the search. My plan was to start at the Cornelius Pass Tunnel (discussed on page 7 as a place searchers were looking) and then drive the pretty direct route northwest past the school and into Forest Park. Sorry, no pictures, the battery in my camera was dead. I will try to give specific details about the area.

On my way out to the area from downtown Portland I took Hwy 26 West and saw 2 helicopters on the way. If you’re looking at a map, the first helicopter was flying over the Cedar Hills area and the second helicopter was near the town of Hillsboro (2 exits before the exit to where the tunnel was supposed to be.) Hopefully I can get a map posted but if you get a chance before that, you’ll notice that these areas are pretty far southwest from the school, the closest being about 5 miles.

Following the directions given earlier in the thread I couldn’t find the tunnel anywhere. We drove around quite a bit but there was not tunnel nor did I find train tracks or even a hill for a tunnel to go through. If he is not found soon, I plan to find more specific directions and go out again tomorrow with a charged camera.

From the area where the tunnel was supposed to be, we drove about 4 miles down Cornelius Pass Rd and turned onto Skyline. I hadn’t been out there in a long time and was amazed at how rural it is. Skyline is a very narrow road with two lanes and no shoulder. As we approached the school, I saw that Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue is immediately next door to the school and it looked like that is where the command post may be. There were 20 to 30 vehicles, mostly unmarked parked on both sides of the road and it looked like more in the school parking lot. On either side of Skyline both in front of the school and across the street were signs saying “Search and Rescue in Progress.” Surrounding the school are several open fields with tall grass and on the opposite side of Skyline, about 100 yards past the school was a small pond. I saw only one or two officers, one on a cell phone. I’m assuming that means they are out in the fields and forest.

We drove about another mile to where Skyline intersected with Newberry which immediately entered into Forest Park. The first mile of Newberry in forested but has many expensive homes built on either side, nestled down in the trees. After that though, for approximately another mile, it is very dense forest and almost no homes. This continues until you reach Hwy 30 which runs through a very industrial area parallel to the Columbia River.

If there is anything anyone wants me to check out, let me know.

How old is Kyron's little sister and where was she when stepmom took Kyron to school?

Im confused, I do that easlily. Here is my question. I read that stated that she saw him on the way to the classroom, I belive she stated that was the last time she seen him.

I read that she had taken a photograph of his project, I saw a photo of him standing in front of it.

So..my questions.. Was the art/projects in a different room then the classroom she saw him enter and secondly what time did school start again? She had stated that she seen him walking to his classroom. What time again? and when did class/school start?

Why leave him there then if it was so early before classes start? Who if anyone saw him enter or after his mother did?

Let's see if I can do a family tree really quickly:

TMH - married to KAH
KAH - father
DDY - former wife of KAH

Kyron - son of KAH and DDY

KH - toddler daughter of KAH and TMH
JM - son of TMH and previous husband

How old is Kyron's little sister and where was she when stepmom took Kyron to school?

She's about 18 months. Apparently she goes to school with her mom when there are special events. She went to class one day with mom when Kyron did a presentation on a bridge he'd built.

Infrared, grid search still turn up no sign of missing Skyline boy

PORTLAND, Ore. – Investigators say not a trace of Kyron Horman has turned up, even with hundreds of people searching.

If investigators do have solid information giving them any idea where he might be they're not saying: "The information we're keeping from the public and press has everything to do with integrity of investigation," said a search spokesperson.

Now searchers look through tall grass, from the air and on foot, for any sign of the little boy. The FBI has now joined the search, as has the National Guard. Using an infrared system, heat detection and a search pattern grid to not miss an inch, searchers have completely searched an area of about two miles surrounding the school.

Investigators said the family is cooperating in the case: "Our point is don't lose hope." We asked a spokesperson for the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office about the step mother's whereabouts and what she knows. Deputies said they can't comment, as it is part of the investigation.

http://www.katu.com/news/95702034.html

Im confused, I do that easlily. Here is my question. I read that stated that she saw him on the way to the classroom, I belive she stated that was the last time she seen him.

I read that she had taken a photograph of his project, I saw a photo of him standing in front of it.

So..my questions.. Was the art/projects in a different room then the classroom she saw him enter and secondly what time did school start again? She had stated that she seen him walking to his classroom. What time again? and when did class/school start?

Why leave him there then if it was so early before classes start? Who if anyone saw him enter or after his mother did?

From what has been posted in the various links, it seems that the projects were set up in their own classrooms, but then groups of parents and kids left to go through the other classrooms to look at all of the other kids projects. It seems that afterward, his step mom then went up/down one stairwell while he took the other one and she then watched him walking down the hall toward his own classroom, after they finished the "tour" of the other rooms. The biggest problem that seems to occur with this is that at 8:45, he still had over an hour before school began. There has been no statement to determine whether the teachers were in their classrooms at that time, or if his room could have still been unoccupied.

jmoo

She's about 18 months. Apparently she goes to school with her mom when there are special events. She went to class one day with mom when Kyron did a presentation on a bridge he'd built.

So the toddler was with the stepmom at the school?

Has it been reported that the school, all of it, has been searched thoroughly?

"As many as 15 Portland police officers were the first responders, Gates said. They searched the school grounds and immediate area without finding the child. The scope of the search and investigation was then quickly widened.

That first search included police bureau dogs who sniffed areas of the building where the boy might have been hidden from view. The roof was also searched, he said."

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Second-grade-student-missing-from-Skyline-Elementary-95670454.html

Yes, it looks like they did a thorough search, including using dogs for hidden spaces.

I think she mentioned on her Facebook that she is 18 months old. Don't know if she went to the school with them but it would make sense unless dad was home.

From the way the head of the PTA was talking I think they had science projects in several of the classrooms. I don't think 10:00 am is the normal class time. It sounds like maybe the kids got there early for the science fair and then waited for class to start. I heard she saw him go to his classroom at 8:45 am. Not a lot of reporting has been accurate though. The stepmother said on her Facebook that the reporters were wrong so none of this is written in stone.

Zimmerman said everyone went into their classroom for the science fair and broke into parent-led groups of four or five. She wasn’t sure what group Kyron was in. but she said the last time she saw him was at 8:15, when the groups began going from class to class.

“Then you were supposed to stay with your group. I don’t know what group he was in.”

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/search_for_missing_portland_bo.html

Strange I was thinking. (I mean I think it is strange, not that it is strange that i'm thinking) I read it is a small school, people know each other kind of setting. Kyron is a dynamic and bright boy by all accounts, he would be noticed. If someone took him out of that school it seems to me that it would have to be someone that didn't raise suspicions? Or he didn't create a lot of noise or indicate fear and or scream? If someone took him out of school that morning, I suspect it was someone he knew. IMOO

If stepmom left him at 0845 and class did not begin until 1000, Kyron had 1 hour and 15 minutes of unsupervised movement in the school. I wonder if he thought it would be a totally awesome idea to have a REAL treefrog for his science fair project and went outside to look for one?

It wasn't until 8-10 hours later that a search of the woods began. He could easily have been a mile or two or more away in that time. He may be in the woods, just like Nadia was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89