OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What time does school start? Was the science fair during school or before?

So here is a scenarios where he could have been lured out of the school... It was a science fair day and talent show. I see where there is lots of displays for the kids and set ups. For talent shows I would think people would be bringing in boxes or cartons with props for the show, No? So what if someone he knew by sight, ask for a bit of help. Like can you come to my car and help me bring in a few boxes? If he knew the person, like a teacher, sub, janitor, aid, another parent, friend of a parent; would he he go off to their car and leave the school class room? This is one day where if you were planning to get a kid to leave with you, you could. I used to teach kids about stranger danger, and this was one of the ploys they used.

A lot of sex offenders fail to register. I had one move in not far from me and he attacked a neighbor who had met him. He tried to kill her with her two toddlers in the house. He didn't show up on the registery till the next day when it was obvious he didn't register. And I'm in an upscale area!

Really? At 8:30 in the morning?

It seems that the would have seen dozens of students with their parents that morning. Since most, if not all, of those kids stayed at school, why would they think in particular that he left. Of course they wouldn't think of him going missing, but I still don't understand that a school would not CHECK with the parent when they knew he had been there earlier that day.

jmoo

I wonder if they have cameras in the parking lots or school grounds? If not they are out of luck. But if they do and he isn't on them, then someone knew where the cameras are and avoided them.

The science fair was in the morning. I read that school was to start at 10:00am that day.

Don't the children usually stay with their science project - explaining and answering questions? If this was a one-morning display, wonder who helped the children take their projects down and where were they put? moo

Prayers for this little boy and his family...
Anything from his biological mom? I'm so hoping that she has him.

Don't the children usually stay with their science project - explaining and answering questions? If this was a one-morning display, wonder who helped the children take their projects down and where were they put? moo

Those are good questions. I heard that one parent, I think she was the head of the PTA, say that the children broke up into groups with the parents at 8:15am and went into the different classrooms and that was the last time she saw him.

This reminds me of a situation in a local school where a man, magician or something, came to the school to do a show and afterwards ask a little girl to help him put some things in his van and took her with him to his residence. She was immediately missed and located a few hours later. Then, everything was hushed up. I've been looking for the story but couldn't locate it.

Is this the story you were looking for

Former Student Abducts Girl from Texas Campus, Faculty Unaware

http://www.campussafetymagazine.com...s-Girl-from-Texas-Campus-Faculty-Unaware.aspx

O/T that sex offender and his landlord we're open about him being a sex offender even though he wasn't registered. Which is how he met his victim. weird huh?! Sorry back to regular scheduled programing.

Prayers for this little boy and his family...
Anything from his biological mom? I'm so hoping that she has him.

"The Horman family has been very cooperative, he said, and are doing the best they can under traumatic circumstances. The birth mother came to Portland after her son was reported missing. All parents were in constant contact with detectives, he said."

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Second-grade-student-missing-from-Skyline-Elementary-95670454.html

Looks like birth mother is there and Kyron is not with her.

Good questions. I haven't heard anything about whether the projects were dismantled. Surely they'd notice him missing then.

It's kind of strange that yesterday it was reported that his mom was on the way to town and then today it was reported that she was on the way to town...wonder when and if she ever arrived...

I posted an article earlier that said Kyron had a little brother/sister and an older, teen I believe, brother/sister. So that teen would also be the mom's child, right?

Northwest News covered Kryon and are now discussing a new search for Lindsey Baum. :(

Nothing new to report in either instance.

I posted an article earlier that said Kyron had a little brother/sister and an older, teen I believe, brother/sister. So that teen would also be the mom's child, right?

Could be either the mom's child (full sibling) or the step mom's older child. For that matter, they could even be the dad's child from an even earlier marriage. Too hard to know in today's blended family situations.

It's kind of strange that yesterday it was reported that his mom was on the way to town and then today it was reported that she was on the way to town...wonder when and if she ever arrived...

Medford is on the far south end of the state and Portland on the far north. It takes at least 6 hours to drive. Maybe she needed to get some affairs in order first.

Yes, I know. That statement struck me as complete CYA.

They could have thought the mom was taking him to an appointment, or the family had a long weekend planned, whatever. They clearly recognized her as his parent, in any case. I don't consider it CYA. How many of us would have thought someone would be so bold as to abduct a child from inside a school?

Pretty damned scary when you can't leave your child IN his school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jess9976