OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a police official - a spokesperson for the school (who has potential liability).

But, Portland Public School spokesman Matt Shelby said the account can't be true: "There were no substitutes at the school that day (the day Kyron disappeared)," he said.

Shelby thinks Pumala may be confused because all week after the disappearance a subsitute teacher has been at the school to help with the stress of the Horman case.

It's ridiculous for the school to say it can't be true because there were no substitutes that day. They're just trying to cover their butts and minimize their liability.

I can certainly see how with all the volunteers there that day a child would use the word 'substitute' for 'volunteer'. I don't care if what term he used for the woman's job junction. It's not important.

I believe this child's testimony. He may not have every single little word correct (or appealing to the school who is liable), but I believe he saw Kyron as he says he did.

Thanks for the correction, BeanE! I'm going to post the link:

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...d-Horman/TVY3YTREG0SyCP3tb3MkZg.cspx?rss=1100

It is a statement from a school official. NOT LE! That was my bad!! It does confirm there were no substitutes on the grounds that day.

I have not read anything to say there were volunteers at the school that day, but it is not unreasonable to think that there were volunteers.....nor is it unreasonable to think that a second grader would assume that a classroom volunteer was a substitute, except if his actual teacher remained in the classroom all day. That didn't explain my thoughts well, let me try again.

I was Class Mom for a fourth grade class one year. When the teacher had to "step out" for a short time, such as to judge projects in a science fair, I sat with the class during her absence. The teacher never left the school grounds, I was not paid to sit with the class, and all the students knew I was a mom.......but those kids were two years more school savvy than 2nd graders!

As class mom, I also accompanied the students and teachers on occasion---to the gym to see older student's science fair projects, or on field trips. In both of those situations, I was expected to help the teacher keep a head count of students. I do believe this child when he says he saw Kyron---he has multiple witnesses to verify that Kyron was indeed at school that morning. I also believe that the child could have overheard a volunteer saying "We're missing Kyron."

While semantics may not be important, I do think if a volunteer told the teacher a child hadn't returned to the classroom, it is "possible" the teacher did not pay as much attention to her as she would have to another paid teacher----regardless, we do know that there was no actual substitue in the classroom that day, and so far, we don't know (at least I don't!) that there were unpaid volunteers in the classroom.

Tim has said that many times. Don't cry!

It simply means by searching an area and clearing it, they know the child is NOT in that area.

It's a progression thing. The more areas they know where the child is NOT, the closer they are to finding where IS.

JMO and all that. :)
That makes alot of sense.I pray they find him.

Terri Horman said it plainly and clearly on her facebook when it was public. Is that to be excluded because she has now made her FB private?

Are we to totally disregard everything we know about her and her family through her FB? Because there's a lot of information that we have that came from the FB that has been repeated over and over.

If it's off limits, by all means, please let me know and I'll delete the previous post. I have a screen cap of it if you wish to see it.

Just want to add: When the family CLEARLY conflicts itself, are we not allowed to discuss this, if the conflicting information is derived from FB. Just want to be clear so I don't run afoul of rules.

I've also been wondering that. Seems like info gathered before it went private would be allowed. Also, it is just her "wall" on facebook that is private now. Her photo albums are still public.

I wonder if Officer feel good realizes he was BS'd?

lol.

It WAS pretty good.

I'm goin' with "the engineer did it" and "the teacher boasted about it to her mother".

:)

Not to mention, I really don't get why it matters. Kyron has a TEACHER and an ENGINEER for custodial parents. He's doomed to a life of over-done grade-school projects, I'm afraid. It's Nature and Nurture. LOL. and :cow:

How do you guys keep up?

Long time ago I followed WS when the Tacoma husband disappeared and because the WS were right about his disappearance from the beginning ( he abaddoned his family, changed his name and is now somewhere in Calif)

So I started to follow this thread again since this is a local story for me

But whenever I leave for 2-3 hours there are additonal 10 pages to go through.

So I was wondering if there is a way to weed through and just pick up most basic new info

Thanx in advance

I have kept up with all of the posts since Kyron went missing, but haven't posted because frankly I have no information and few insights of much value to add to the discussion. With that disclaimer given, I have just a few comments.

As an elementary school teacher, I know it would be a teacher's worst nightmare to have a child under your care go missing. I have read no news accounts that would indicate that the classroom teacher was put on any type of administrative or disciplinary leave. She has had to continue getting up each morning to go to work, as hard as that must be. My point is, it doesn't seem the school district is upset with the teacher, so the accounts of her just blowing off the fact that Kyron was not with the group do not ring true to me.

While Kyron's science display was visually quite impressive, from what I could tell it was just informational and did not involve an experiment or the use of the scientific method (observation, hypothesis, experiment, analysis to support or reject hypothesis...). I know that in my school these items must be included for projects even at the primary level. I have no knowledge what the requirements were at Skyline, but if they were also supposed to use the scientific method and an older student pointed that out to Kyron, would that have made him mad or upset enough to run off or hide?

Another thought for what it is worth, I can remember once long ago, my friend and I wanted to go to the store with my older sister and she said we couldn't go with her. So we just got in the backseat of her car anyway before she got in the car and hid under blankets behind the driver's and passenger's seats. She didn't know we were there until our giggles gave us away. I doubt we were the first or last kids to hide in a car this way.

Keep up the prayers and good thoughts for this sweetie and his family.

Is school still in session there? We've been out since the end of May here, and I was assuming that the semester had ended there already.

Meaning if they know he's being held for ransom, or they know he's been abducted... but they are doing the search to make it appear as if he just walked away. Or if they know that he's been killed and he is probably in another location, but they are only searching that location as a secondary location.

If they know that he is NOT where they are searching... then they aren't going to find him there.

That would be some waste of tax dollars I would think.

It is also one of their own whose step-son is missing. Maybe they are being more helpful, I don't have a problem with it.

Is school still in session there? We've been out since the end of May here, and I was assuming that the semester had ended there already.

PPS gets out on Tuesday. School always goes to mid-June. We start the week of Labor day.

The lady also said people as far as NY wanted to help and she said they had all the resources that they needed. I'm not sure if this only means horses or if it means people to. Wouldn't you want as many people out there searching.
I don't think they do want people out there searching. I think they have an idea of what the crime is, of where Kyron probably is, and they are scaling back searches. Moving onto the next phase.

Just my impression and just an opinion.

I'm stuck on their trip to the gym for a workout. Granted, I haven't been to the gym in a few years, but this place seems kinda hard core. Is this a new type of fitness, where they pound on tractor tires with sledge hammers? Seems a little sadistic to me, but like I say, it's been a while.

Watch video: http://thextremeedge.com/about.html

That is not true. They can assign an officer to be a liaison between the parents and LE and the media.

That Captain's job in this case is being a liaison. He is doing his job.

IMO

The job of the police liason is to coordinate communication between the family and the investigators. Nothing more. It is not their job to run interference between the public (family) and the press, or to be image consultants. If the family wants that, they need to hire a press agency and a spokesperson.

I know this because I was a victim advocate for years.

Terri Horman said it plainly and clearly on her facebook when it was public. Is that to be excluded because she has now made her FB private?

Are we to totally disregard everything we know about her and her family through her FB? Because there's a lot of information that we have that came from the FB that has been repeated over and over.

If it's off limits, by all means, please let me know and I'll delete the previous post. I have a screen cap of it if you wish to see it.

Just want to add: When the family CLEARLY conflicts itself, are we not allowed to discuss this, if the conflicting information is derived from FB. Just want to be clear so I don't run afoul of rules.

Why is this such a huge conflict? Mom said she did some laminating and helped with another part of the project and perhaps Dad helped with the research or constructing the Diorama. It's very obvious to me this family does a lot of activities together. I've seen the pics of the models Kaine and Kyron enjoyed doing together, so it would make sense that they would work together on the frog project as well. The purpose of these projects on a second grade level (from my experience) are for kids to learn new info, set up standards for how school work should be done (carefully and with a lot of thought behind the presentation), and a sense of accomplishment when hard work produces a great result. How much do we really think a second grader is capable of doing all on his own?

The thing about LE being so close to the family and staying with them and protecting them, etc, that is odd to me is that it seems to be the sm and dad they are sticking close to 24/7. Do they also have someone living with the mom and stepdad?

How do you guys keep up?

Long time ago I followed WS when the Tacoma husband disappeared and because the WS were right about his disappearance from the beginning ( he abaddoned his family, changed his name and is now somewhere in Calif)

So I was wondering if there is a way to weed through and just pick up most basic new info

Thanx in advance

You don't need to weed through for new information. There hasn't been any in days. If you've been here within the last 3-4 days, you're caught up.

How do you guys keep up?

Thanx in advance
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106375"]OR Kyron Horman - Portland, Oregon MEDIA AND IMAGES LINKS - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member