OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm posting thoughts about topics I've read while catching up. Here is my knowledge and thoughts on the Science Fair. This is based on the county school system in which I worked.

The School science fair was judged based on grade levels. Ours were K-1, 2-3, 4-5 with 1st, 2nd and 3rd places awarded from each group. The judging was done the morning the children brought them in and the judges would be meandering about looking at the projects and discussing them quietly amongst themselves. But not so quietly as one couldn't overhear some of the comments and discussion. The winners would be announced later in the day and those winners projects advanced to the 'County wide' Science Fair, which featured the winners from the individual schools.

The parents of the students do a great deal of work in helping their child with their project. (Personally, I received a 100% on my son's Spanish project, LOL!) The teachers know this but it is also what the child learns during the process. The judges in our fair listened as each participant explained their project to access their knowledge. So regardless of how 'slick' the project appears,( with help from Mom or Dad) the student's verbal knowledge in the presentation is important.

Some of the parents are very competitive and do project or live vicariously through their child.

Does anyone know if Kyron's project won or placed? Were the SF winners announced at School the day Kyron went missing?

TIA

wm

This has been discussed before. These were just exhibits. Not judged.

LE has only said that the family is cooperating; they have not said they are not suspects and they have said everyone is of interest to us in this investigation.

BTW, ground rules for todays' PC sound like more of the same...will not take any investigative questions. What is the point?? Starting to sound like Gestapo...JMO

I can't believe its be 10 days. It just seems like yesterday. I feel so bad for the family. I would be going crazy, I would need medicine to keep me sane. I wish they would just find him.

The information that a warrant is needed to get cell phone records or pings is absolutely not true. ANYONE can voluntarily sign a release for their service provider to give those records to LE without any need for a judge or warrant. There may be some kind of a charge by the service provider to go to the trouble of doing that, so that LE could not just do this indiscriminately for hundreds of people due to time and the cost of personnel to go through those records.

Sauvie Island is known for growing pumpkins, the corn maze, lavender and other garden herbs, birds, u-pick farms, and a few beaches (including a clothing optional beach). I've never, ever, ever heard of drug smuggling on Sauvie Island! I have gone there many times and in addition to cars there are tons of bicyclists (esp. when weather is nice) and have never heard anything suggesting it is unsafe or the site of criminal activities.

Suavie is definitely not the same place I was familiar with way back when. It was lawless and full of criminal activities. I always thought it would be a scary place to live.

It's so neat to hear how nice it is out there now.

Thanks BeanE for the info on the presser.

Yes, I am sure you could vountarily sign a release of information for investigative purposes If you chose to. I am also sure they would ask that first as long as they want you to know that they are doing it. It would be faster to get individual signed permission or recieve your cell phone bills, gps anything of assistance to the investigation.

It's day 10.They have no cadaver dogs out there looking?I think I would be more relieved if they were not finding anything dead.

Its tough to follow your gut even as an adult. Just on america's most wanted last night, girls thought they were ok letting this man drive them home, since he was so nice. At first they felt comfortable with him. One even called him an angel. I can't think of the girls names. But I believe they are mention on ws.

I totally agree that it's tough to follow your gut, even as an adult. Studies like the Milgram Experiment have demonstrated that most adults acquiesce to authority - but we can do a better job of teaching critical thinking to our kids, in addition to taking other precautions.

As the one poster mentioned, we can also do a MUCH better job of changing the laws to keep child predators (and rapists in general) LOCKED UP and PUT AWAY until they are either so old that they are no longer mobile, or until they die.

Let's put the predators in prisons, not our children.

I have a hard time believing anyone would dump a body off the bridge to Sauvie Island during the day. Maybe in the wee hours of the night, but Sauvie Island is only one lane each way. It's populated well enough on Hwy 30 and the bridge that I'd think a reasonable person wouldn't risk being seen there throwing something into the water. But I suppose someone could dispose of a body or other evidence somewhere else along the river. I have no idea how the current runs in the Multnomah Channel.

BBM

I think part of the difficulty in sleuthing is that we assume a perp is always a reasonable person.

BBM. I have to agree w/ you on that. I think it is pointless to continue to hold the pressers if they are going to continue w/ "I can't answer that". How are we supposed to help w/ no information?

LE in this case have made it clear in the press conferences what they expect and would much appreciate the public to do to help. They've explained all their reasons.

Any time, in any case, I'm not sure what else to do to help, I pray. When news is scant, I look up that handy thread somebody put together on Things to Do in New Cases or When There's No News. :)

kryon-horman-clothes-470.jpg

Just one hour earlier, police revealed a replica of the clothing Kyron Horman was wearing when he disappeared. Police hoped that this new information would help create more leads to assist them in their effort to locate the missing boy.​

Police said Horman was wearing a black CSI T-shirt, dark cargo-style pants, Hanes athletic socks and well-worn Skechers sneakers.​

Just wondering why they didn't show his underpants. Spiderman briefs (or whatever) would be identifiable. Perhaps because it's undergarments? It is such a sad photo seeing those little clothes.

Thank you so much sofia - I've been searching for a local who knows this area for the very reason you write about - why would someone use this place to hide/dump a body?

Along with the beautiful picture of this island that scandi put up is a picture of the bridge - sure doesn't look like a bridge anyone would stop on to dump a body. moo

You mention the police officer, crazy traffic, possible construction on the bridge and it seems apparent to me that someone with a body in their car sure as heck wouldn't go that congested route to dump it.

So now I'm left wondering - why are they searching the island on foot and from the air? Could it be cell phone pings? Tip? Anyways, thanks for the local input - it is very valuable. moo

Now I'll go and investigate Forest Park.

The island roads are not congested all the time. Just during the harvest season, and mostly just weekends when people are heading over to pick up fresh produce or visit the beaches. Pumpkin season can get hectic. But early June on a weekday? Probably not busy at all.

The information that a warrant is needed to get cell phone records or pings is absolutely not true. ANYONE can voluntarily sign a release for their service provider to give those records to LE without any need for a judge or warrant. There may be some kind of a charge by the service provider to go to the trouble of doing that, so that LE could not just do this indiscriminately for hundreds of people due to time and the cost of personnel to go through those records.

I took that post to be addressing records in which a person(s) were NOT voluntarily signing releases for the info.

LE in this case have made it clear in the press conferences what they expect and would much appreciate the public to do to help. They've explained all their reasons.

Any time, in any case, I'm not sure what else to do to help, I pray. When news is scant, I look up that handy thread somebody put together on Things to Do in New Cases or When There's No News. :)

BBM. Do you have a link? I have not seen that thread. I am praying so hard for Kyron's safe return. I'm also praying that LE knows what they are doing and that they are on the right path. It's so confusing to try to figure out what they are not saying.

From the Sheriff's Office:

Day 10 press briefing on Kyron Horman search set for noon Sunday, June 13; media invited to tour SAR command post afterward - 06/13/10

BRIEFING SET FOR NOON TODAY:
snip/
The Horman family is scheduled to be present at the briefing. However, they will not be taking questions from the media.

MEDIA INVITED TO TOUR SAR COMMAND POST:
snip snip/
http://www.flashalert.net/news.html?id=1276

Most respectfully snipped.

Thanks for the reminder, Bean. That would have slipped right by me... lost in thought today.

Link for the presser that I always use. www.kptv.com follow banner to video.

But yesterday it was disrupted by ballgames and commercials. Does anyone prefer another website for the pressers? I'd like to check out some other sites before, instead of like yesterday when kptv dropped the ball--I was clicking furiously around website to website trying to find another feed.

Thanks in advance.

Re

Given enough time and the right pressure most perps will crack or slip up in some way. LE is playing the waiting game and slowly, carefully applying pressure in order to build a tight case. Sadly, I don't expect Kyron to be ok, I think the perp disposed of him quickly and this was premeditated. I don't think the perp is smart enough or strong enough to hold up under continual pressure AND as far as "plans" go, the perp certainly isn't a genuis.

AS always, MOO
BBM- One would have thought that Misty C would also have "caved", but people with Antisocial Personality Disorders are very different from mentally healthy people. They rationalize their criminal behavior and it doesn't bother them in the slightest manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876