OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree that it's tough to follow your gut, even as an adult. Studies like the Milgram Experiment have demonstrated that most adults acquiesce to authority - but we can do a better job of teaching critical thinking to our kids, in addition to taking other precautions.

As the one poster mentioned, we can also do a MUCH better job of changing the laws to keep child predators (and rapists in general) LOCKED UP and PUT AWAY until they are either so old that they are no longer mobile, or until they die.

Let's put the predators in prisons, not our children.

It only takes the world's Mothers to get together and decide this WILL happen. Mothers rule the world -- if we will only realize it & do it TOGETHER.

Disclaimer: This does not, in any way, exclude women who are not yet mothers OR fathers as I am married to a man who would move Heaven and Earth to protect his children and EVERY child.

No, I don't have a link. That is what I read into the LE during many of the pressers. They appear to be supporting and trying to protect the family anyway they can.

it may appear that way to you. and it may be true but it may not be true as well.

LE has neither cleared not implicated anyone and they continue to insist they have no evidence of a crime...

I disagree with many of the (obviously concerned and caring) people on this forum. I believe at this point LE owes us, the public, almost nothing. Their obligation is to Kyron. I believe the family owes us even less. Why should they show us, strangers, their pain? Why should they have to weep in front of us to be considered decent people? Many have said "if they want our help..." but honestly, unless you live in the area or see Kyron somewhere, they haven't asked for anything. And they have thanked those who have offered prayers and support.
Someone up-thread referred to LE as incredibly disciplined, and I agree. I've never seen any LE keep everyone in line so well. No leaks. No hints to certain reporters. I applaud them for the way the are handling the case, as much as it might frustrate my personal curiosity. But the case is not about appeasing me. When it's all over, they can account to taxpayers for their decisions, but not till then.

it may appear that way to you. and it may be true but it may not be true as well.

And, again, liaisons serve two purposes. One is to be with the family at all times to observe... to gain their trust so that they let their guard down and he can see life at home as little deviated as possible with his presence there.

The other purpose is to relay information both ways, to the family from investigators and vice versa.

Most respectfully snipped.

Thanks for the reminder, Bean. That would have slipped right by me... lost in thought today.

Link for the presser that I always use. www.kptv.com follow banner to video.

But yesterday it was disrupted by ballgames and commercials. Does anyone prefer another website for the pressers? I'd like to check out some other sites before, instead of like yesterday when kptv dropped the ball--I was clicking furiously around website to website trying to find another feed.

Thanks in advance.

Re

www.koinlocal6.com is planning to broadcast it.

Kyron's dad has an electrical engineering degree. I imagine Kyron was excited to see the electric exhibits at the science fair.

I wouldn't. There is only one way in and out of Sauvie Island by car - the bridge off Hwy 30. Sometimes there's construction going on there, or heaven forbid, a traffic delay of some type. Once coming back from Sauvie Island, it took me over an hour to get off the island. We are talking ONE maybe two miles. Why? I have no idea. By the time I got off the bridge and back on to Hwy 30, all I could see was that there was a police officer at the head of the bridge, directing traffic for no reason that I could discern. It was backed up on Hwy 30 for at least a mile.

So there are a lot of reasons to go to Sauvie Island, but it would certainly not be a destination point for me if I were a criminal looking dispose of something incriminating in a limited amount of time.

Also, The Pumpkin Patch is right out in the open, but you can't drive right up to it - you have to park and get out in the gravel lot (or you could drive across the fields, but that would be rather noticeable and leave tracks!). But maybe there is another pumpkin patch on the island that I've not been to. There might be; the island's main industry is agriculture.

And another thing, Forest Park is closer to Skyline than Sauvie Island - far more convenient if it's all about convenience and hiding something. Sauvie Island is not heavily wooded. It's pretty flat and, compared to Forest Park, much easier to see from the ground and from above. I wonder if the Sauvie Island searches have to do with waterways and/or a tip the LE have received.

The fact that Forest Park is so close is why I steered away from it in my thoughts. But it does make you wonder why Forest Park isn't a focus of a search. Maybe it is and I haven't heard about it?

And, again, liaisons serve two purposes. One is to be with the family at all times to observe... to gain their trust so that they let their guard down and he can see life at home as little deviated as possible with his presence there.

The other purpose is to relay information both ways, to the family from investigators and vice versa.

I agree. Also in a news story last night, LE said that they have asked family to go about life as normal as possible.

Shults also said he asked family members to maintain normal activities -- such as grocery shopping or going to the gym -- to help maintain their mental and physical health.
"Once we determined that this search could take some time, it was discussed what that really meant to them and how long this could be, knowing that the stress was going to be overwhelming and it could be important to keep their minds and bodies healthy," Shults said.

"We need them to help us bring Kyron home."

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.../post_109.html

Most respectfully snipped.

Thanks for the reminder, Bean. That would have slipped right by me... lost in thought today.

Link for the presser that I always use. www.kptv.com follow banner to video.

But yesterday it was disrupted by ballgames and commercials. Does anyone prefer another website for the pressers? I'd like to check out some other sites before, instead of like yesterday when kptv dropped the ball--I was clicking furiously around website to website trying to find another feed.

Thanks in advance.

Re

I used www.kgw.com for yesterday's presser and there were no interruptions...it broadcast smoothly.

BBM- One would have thought that Misty C would also have "caved", but people with Antisocial Personality Disorders are very different from mentally healthy people. They rationalize their criminal behavior and it doesn't bother them in the slightest manner.

Yes, and remember how Casey Anthony pranced on over to Baez's office every day wearing a "Find Caylee" tee shirt?

This case really got me. You know when someone dies, and those first few days when you wake up in the morning, and have a few seconds of 'normal' until it hits you, yet agian, that someone has died? All week, when I wake, after just a few seconds, I start to wonder if they've found Kyron yet.
Kyron, where can you be? Come home sweeetie!

The fact that Forest Park is so close is why I steered away from it in my thoughts. But it does make you wonder why Forest Park isn't a focus of a search. Maybe it is and I haven't heard about it?

I have thought exactly the same thing, SuziQ. Why no mention of Forest Park? It's huge. For them to skip right over to it and to Sauvie Island waterways ... makes no sense unless they a) have/are searching Forest Park but not telling us, or have some tips/info that they've not disclosed.

I disagree with many of the (obviously concerned and caring) people on this forum. I believe at this point LE owes us, the public, almost nothing. Their obligation is to Kyron. I believe the family owes us even less. Why should they show us, strangers, their pain? Why should they have to weep in front of us to be considered decent people? Many have said "if they want our help..." but honestly, unless you live in the area or see Kyron somewhere, they haven't asked for anything. And they have thanked those who have offered prayers and support.
Someone up-thread referred to LE as incredibly disciplined, and I agree. I've never seen any LE keep everyone in line so well. No leaks. No hints to certain reporters. I applaud them for the way the are handling the case, as much as it might frustrate my personal curiosity. But the case is not about appeasing me. When it's all over, they can account to taxpayers for their decisions, but not till then.

ITA - If it were my child I would do whatever LE told me to do. And if that meant not releasing ANY information then that's what would happen. This is not an entertainment program and the parents owe the PUBLIC nothing.

My only hope at this point is that the person who took Kyron (if that is what happened) is just a terribly misguided person who wanted a child and will take care of him. I know that is very naive thinking, but it's all I have left.

I just wanted to add that LE needs the family to try to keep up normal activities because they are under tremendous stress. Sometimes when I am like that (nothing to compare with this) but stress, I forget stuff. I think they hope a light will go on or a Ahaa moment will come and maybe some member of the family will say, I remember this or that. I could be wrong, but I think that is part of it, to help think clearly or remember something that seemed innocent at the time, but now might mean something. JMHO

I'm new here and have been following the Kyron threads as well as I can. I have a couple thoughts to add to the discussion.

Does anyone here know of a single case where a stranger abducted a child from a school, then returned within 2-4 weeks to abduct another child? I can't think of any, so my thought is that LE saying it's an isolated incident really doesn't indicate anything about the investigation. They're just going by the probabilities.

My impression (hunch) from what LE is doing to date is that they don't have any firm lead in any direction. I have experience in training SAR dogs and I have a couple friends who have been activated. What many people don't realise is that the vast majority of trained SAR personnel do it on their own time and at their own expense. Law enforcement is very conscious of the need not to abuse SAR personnel with call outs where there is no good reason to believe SAR personnel can resolve the case. So, I doubt that LE has any reason to rule out ground searches at this point.

As for the school remaining open, I don't know the law in Oregon but in my state, school districts are legally obligated to offer 180 days of school per year. A school district that fails to offer 180 days would face a catastrophic loss of funding. If there are days that are missed due to weather or some other event, they must be made up for in some way. In this state, it's usual for school districts to actually schedule 185 days due to the frequency of snow days so that no make up days have to be scheduled.

With two weeks left in the school year, it's best for the school to remain open.

And really, think about it. Right now, that school is probably the most secure school in the entire USA. After all, they have huge numbers of LEOs surrounding the place, observing anything that looks in the least bit suspicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876