OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reading for over an hour, trying to catch up, so these comments address things said in the last (now-locked) thread.

1. Ernie is Tony's dog (yellow lab). He does not live in Roseburg with Terri's parents. He resides with his owner in Medford.

2. Shasta Lake and the other vacation spots referenced are trips Tony & Desiree go on. Tony has a boat & is an avid fisherman & hunter and he takes the boys with him when they are visiting their mom. Camping and outdoor trips are something they enjoy and do a lot.

3. Tony is not a K-9 police officer anymore. He used to be, but now he's a detective and handles murders and other crimes of that nature.

4. I cannot believe Kyron would wander off anywhere. That wasn't his personality. He never left the driveway of his mom & Tony's house. My kids would be riding their bikes/scooters up and down the sidewalk, but Kyron would not leave the property. I don't know if it was because he was shy/timid or if he'd been told not to, though, so I don't know if his reluctance to join in was a personality trait or because he was obedient and did not want to break the rules. Either way, I have not believed from the day I learned he was missing that this was a case of him wandering away from the school. I'm not saying it's not possible. I'm just saying I will be very surprised if that is what they determine happened.

5. A few people quoted my first post and told me that there haven't been any negative things said about Tony & Desiree. I understand that. My comment that it was hard to read negative things said about the family included the speculations about Terri. I UNDERSTAND the speculation; I do. It is only logical to wonder if she is involved in Kyron's disappearance. I was just saying it's hard to come here and read the things being speculated because I know the bio-mom and stepdad and missing child. It is a completely different perspective than I felt when reading about Nadia Bloom. I'm sorry I wasn't more clear in what I posted.

'no comment'

ok that wasn't quite all.

His favorite color is red.

He is close to his brothers.

He has a cat at Step Mom and Dad's.

He has a dog in Medford at Mom and Step Dad's

Hey guys.
I have had a busy day and really do not want to go back and read 14 pages of this thread and 10 pages of the last one to catch up. I see our boy has still not been found, but could anyone give me a quick update on any thing important I may have missed today... TIA

"Sheriff wants road photos, video from day before Kyron vanished "

at first this title said abducted not vanished and then, after some posters emailed asking why,.... they changed it

http://www.kgw.com/news/Second-grade-student-missing-from-Skyline-Elementary-95670454.html

I think LE is keeping quiet to watch certain people's actions, to find kyron and to get evidence to arrest

WOW Scandi that picture is amazing.

Yea, It is truly God's backyard.

In the hippie days the island had it's share, many who stayed and became farmers. In fact one of those hippie girls is a famous teacher of operatic voice, having made the island her home for years. xox

A couple of thoughts ...

Maybe I'm just being naive, but I think the law enforcement (LE) know some things they are not sharing. They interviewed hundreds of students and their parents, and we haven't heard anything about those interviews. It makes sense, however, that they would keep those conversations under wraps because if some of that got out, people's "memories" could easily change or be influenced by what they hear on TV.

The way the LE is behaving makes me think that

A) they believe he left the school of his own volition and is/was on foot.
B) perhaps other students are innocently involved in that, which would explain why we've heard NOTHING about the hundreds of interviews that took place - there is less info about his disappearance timeline since the interviews!
C) they have not ruled out that he was picked up after leaving the school - or even that he was abducted - they are following up on all tips of him being sighted.

If they do have a Person of Interest (POI), they must not have very much evidence to go on, maybe only suspicions. Their insistence on looking locally - not even throughout Portland, just in a very specific part of Portland - tells me that they think he is on foot - or if he was taken, taken by someone who did not drive or was on a very limited time table (perhaps had to get back to class by 10am?).

Thank you scandi - just beautiful and 26,000 acres? Floating houses? What and the heck are LE looking for there? moo

I notice through google that the schools do field trips there. If a person took kyron, and they were someone he knew and also someone who knows the school well, maybe they know the area over on sauvies and know it has a lot of places to hide a body, but kinda away from school.

I've been reading for over an hour, trying to catch up, so these comments address things said in the last (now-locked) thread.

1. Ernie is Tony's dog (yellow lab). He does not live in Roseburg with Terri's parents. He resides with his owner in Medford.

2. Shasta Lake and the other vacation spots referenced are trips Tony & Desiree go on. Tony has a boat & is an avid fisherman & hunter and he takes the boys with him when they are visiting their mom. Camping and outdoor trips are something they enjoy and do a lot.

3. Tony is not a K-9 police officer anymore. He used to be, but now he's a detective and handles murders and other crimes of that nature.

4. I cannot believe Kyron would wander off anywhere. That wasn't his personality. He never left the driveway of his mom & Tony's house. My kids would be riding their bikes/scooters up and down the sidewalk, but Kyron would not leave the property. I don't know if it was because he was shy/timid or if he'd been told not to, though, so I don't know if his reluctance to join in was a personality trait or because he was obedient and did not want to break the rules. Either way, I have not believed from the day I learned he was missing that this was a case of him wandering away from the school. I'm not saying it's not possible. I'm just saying I will be very surprised if that is what they determine happened.

5. A few people quoted my first post and told me that there haven't been any negative things said about Tony & Desiree. I understand that. My comment that it was hard to read negative things said about the family included the speculations about Terri. I UNDERSTAND the speculation; I do. It is only logical to wonder if she is involved in Kyron's disappearance. I was just saying it's hard to come here and read the things being speculated because I know the bio-mom and stepdad and missing child. It is a completely different perspective than I felt when reading about Nadia Bloom. I'm sorry I wasn't more clear in what I posted.

Thank you for posting. I understand that it is hard to come here knowing Kyron personally and people speculating about the family.
I know you said that you do not know Terri but you know Desiree, could you tell us if Desiree ever talked to you about or was concerned about Terri's relationship with Kyron?

Thanks Joshiesmom for joining the group here at WS. We are sleuthers but with a great heart and respectful manner. I hope you stay to discuss the case with us all.

And it goes without saying, Kyron is precious to us all now and we so hope he is found safe and sound ASAP. xox

"Sheriff wants road photos, video from day before Kyron vanished "

at first this title said abducted not vanished and then, after some posters emailed asking why,.... they changed it

http://www.kgw.com/news/Second-grade-student-missing-from-Skyline-Elementary-95670454.html

I think LE is keeping quiet to watch certain people's actions, to find kyron and to get evidence to arrest

Well from what that article states, they certainly do not beleive he wandered off. Why would they need photos from the previous day if they think he walked into the woods?

Forgive me if this has been asked in previous threads. I have not kept up on each post in each thread.

Can someone explain exactly what it meant by "open to the public" in relation to the school science fair? Did this mean literally open to the public even if they did not have a student attending the school, or perhaps a a family member of a teacher or staff wishing to view the students projects?

Joshiesmom

Thank you so much for your observations, comments and opinions.
Welcome to Websleuths.

I notice through google that the schools do field trips there. If a person took kyron, and they were someone he knew and also someone who knows the school well, maybe they know the area over on sauvies and know it has a lot of places to hide a body, but kinda away from school.

BANG Mamaeb, Like I said, aways away but not too far. Field trips, so someone maybe Kyron had seen or met before. Hmmm

This case makes me so uneasy. I have a 4 year old son that will soon be starting school. I also have teen aged children. I has been very difficult for me to feel completely comfortable sending my kids off to school and this case has shaken my comfort zone. I pray that this sweet boy will make it home safe. I don't have any opinions about the parents or stepparents. Just don't get the feeling that there is anything amiss in this family. Could be wrong but I am sure that if it has anything to do with any of them that the police will be on the ball enough to figure that out. It is the stranger aspect that really has me concerned.

BANG Mamaeb, Like I said, aways away but not too far. Field trips, so someone maybe Kyron had seen or met before. Hmmm
uhh makes me a little sick... if that might be true and he is there... a local school up there has a field trip to sauvie island on monday!

If this island is isolated it could be the perfect spot for drug smugglers, etc. I don't even want to think about it.

And I agree with whomever it was who said (in #11, I think) that when all is said and done, it will be clear that the Law Enforcement handled the information sharing aspect of this case very well. Usually when LE mess up, it's by giving too much information, or by not doing their jobs. This seems to be a well coordinated effort, so the lack of details from them doesn't strike me as accidental.

By the way, Sauvie Island is not geographically far from Skyline Elementary (as the crow flies), but it is not a short drive. Sauvie Island is only accessible by car via one bridge. It's a half hour drive (maybe a little less if you tear it up). Sauvie Island has a lot of visitors and is pretty isolated in parts, but the community of people who live there know each other.

I wonder if they are searching Sauvie Island because they're investigating a tip or because they got some definitive information/evidence leading them there. No way could or would Kyron have walked to Sauvie Island by himself.

Thank you for posting. I understand that it is hard to come here knowing Kyron personally and people speculating about the family.
I know you said that you do not know Terri but you know Desiree, could you tell us if Desiree ever talked to you about or was concerned about Terri's relationship with Kyron?

Desiree did not talk to me about Terri's relationship with Kyron at all, so I have no idea if she had concerns. I don't believe it was an issue, though.

print screen of webcache:

webcache2.png

[full size here]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads