OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But 8:45am is around 9am.

Yes, it is, yet the LE comment specifically changed it to around 9 am.....NOT around 8:45. The only reason for that would be to specifically separate it from the time that the SM stated that she last saw him.

The one question that all the SM accusers have never begun to try and answer is how in the world she could have left with him at 8:45 when lots of other parents were also leaving the school and going to the same parking area that she was. Yet, 15 minutes later, when the classes were touring and most parents had left the parking area, it would be much, much easier for someone to slip out without being seen, especially if they were parked in the faculty and staff parking area.

jmoo

I think that there is a very good reason that they aren't taking questions at the pressers right now. I think that they are working on building a case now, that they know that there has been deception in one person's explanation of where that person was that day, and that they are slowly and steadily applying pressure as they build the case against that person.

I am sure that the family is not being told every investigative piece of information that detectives have, and for good reason.

That could well be true but in this day and age, it's hard to keep up a false alibi for too long. I guess a lot would depend on how long it took for LE to find out or look seriously for discrepancies. I thought they might have a POI in mind before, but the longer this goes on, and the more they change the game plan, I start to think that they're clueless.

I'm not getting any vibes, period.

I agree, they are really keeping it all close to the vest. I have to say living in Fl has spoiled me with the Sunshine Laws and everything out there on line to sleuth.

This link was found by Jersey Girl, but I'd like to throw out this discrepancy....according to some reports thus far, Kyron was seen by the South door (thus causing some of us to wonder if he was taken out or left on his own out that door). However, according to the school's handbook, that door would have been locked (page 7). Obviously, that could have been part of any 'lax' policies taking place that day, but it's worth noting.

http://www.pps.k12.or.us/schools/skyline/files/school-skyline/Parent_Handbook_2008-Final.pdf

Locked doors in my experience are still operable if a person is already inside the building and are going outside.

Just thinking out loud but I have gotten the feeling all along that the LE has been speaking to the person the believe had Kyron throughout all there PC's. Since the beginning I have ha d a hard time seeing this as an issue with the family. I have felt more like this was someone that knows Kyron well enough to lure him out of that building. Possibly older sibling of one of the students at that school. The LE's hesitation about calling it an abduction has really bothered me but maybe they have been wording it in a way that would not freak out a teenager. Asking for video could have been just to let someone know that they are on to them. That they know they were in a certain area. Now they are calling it is a criminal case. The choice of wording seems very deliberate.
I do think they have a POI. I can only hope this is resolved soon. This case is breaking my heart.

Do you have a link for the bio mom being on her way to Portland etc?

Anybody have links for the 18 month old baby being with a babysitter? or at day care?

Rumorpalooza!

Here's what I know about the bio mom.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5289929&postcount=54"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #14[/ame]

I'll try to find the babysitter one also. I'd hate for you to think I was spreading rumorpaloozas! :innocent:

One thing Tanner said is he saw the SM drive away by herself, without Kyron.

I got an email from my SAR dog handler friend who was activated. It doesn't really add anything to the information known, though.

She said that the terrain in some of the search areas was surprisingly rugged and it was sometimes hard to believe it was right by a large city. The brambles were terrible and her dog got stuck twice and she had to cut him loose. For her, the big difference between this search and the usual wilderness search she is called on was that there was "TONS of food and drink. Literally tons." She's used to providing her own food and drink.

I know from our past emails that her dog is wilderness certified. He's trained for both live victims and cadavers because in wilderness searches, you just never know.

The 9:00 sighting. Police won't answer any questions about it. So....

We don't know who saw him, where he was, and whether or not he was in someone's company walking away from the school at that time.

In my opinion, the reason Gates refused to answer questions about it is because it's of investigative importance.

[/B]

I sort of have this feeling too. First do kids look at a clock or note the time when seeing something that is common place? I don't think so. this could be off by 10 to 20 minutes. I think the kidnapping happened in the 15 minute time frame. But what I still don't get, is the halls had to have some kids or teaches in them, the doors to class rooms open and buzzing with all this excitement of the day. (I am trying to imagine what the school and halls looked like) because no one is describing the scene. But no one notice a child walking away with a man or a woman, or even following them outside. So bizarre

Yes, because if SM left him at 8:45am, surely someone would have seen him before the 9am alleged sighting. To me, this whole case comes down the the minutes after 8:45. And yes, what kid looks at the clock to check what time it is. I think if LE wants people to help with memory and such, they should at least come out and give and official and confirmed timeline.....this is too sketchy......15 minutes is a long time when it comes to abduction... As we have seen here, Kyron was there one instant and gone the next......I don't know why on earth they would not do that when they are asking for memories of that day........I have seen on one report, stateing in one sentence sm was last to see him and then further down the paragrah, last seen at 9am. This is bad reporting, the media should also get FACTS before reporting such contradictions.....cant find link now

Can you clarify please..... Is Tanner Kyron's step brother? And was he at the school and saying he saw his mom leave without Kyron?

This link was found by Jersey Girl, but I'd like to throw out this discrepancy....according to some reports thus far, Kyron was seen by the South door (thus causing some of us to wonder if he was taken out or left on his own out that door). However, according to the school's handbook, that door would have been locked (page 7). Obviously, that could have been part of any 'lax' policies taking place that day, but it's worth noting.

http://www.pps.k12.or.us/schools/skyline/files/school-skyline/Parent_Handbook_2008-Final.pdf

School doors can not be locked from the inside due to fire laws. Some schools leave them unlocked with alarms that sound when they are opened so that no one will exit there without causing notice, but somehow that doesn't seem to fit with this schools security procedures. I can not even begin to count the number of schools that I have been in where someone has placed a book or a folded up rug or some other object in an exit door to allow entry and exit without being locked out. Sometimes this is done simply for added ventilation, especially on a day when the school is more crowded than normal. Exiting from any exit would easily have been possible, especially since the person would have no desire to get back in through that same door.

jmo

This reminded me of my own daughter....she was a yearbook editor and so she often had to stay late with another student or two to work on their deadlines. If they needed to go out the exit closest to the student lot to get something from their cars, they would take off their shoe and put it into the door, run to their car and get whatever they needed, then be able to get back in with no problem. They were so skilled at it that one time I stopped by to drop some dinner off for the group and she came out the door, slipped out of her shoe on the way through and I didn't even see what she had done until she arrived at my car door with only one shoe on!

Locked doors in my experience are still operable if a person is already inside the building and are going outside.

That's a good point, but wouldn't that enable any child to just leave the building at any time -- just like it's possible Kyron did (voluntarily or involuntarily)? No alarms on the doors for that very purpose? Maybe I'm too safety conscious since I have relatives in military intel...LOL.

Can you clarify please..... Is Tanner Kyron's step brother? And was he at the school and saying he saw his mom leave without Kyron?

Tanner is the class mate that gave the interview.

I agree, they are really keeping it all close to the vest. I have to say living in Fl has spoiled me with the Sunshine Laws and everything out there on line to sleuth.

You got that right!

Earlier today someone posted an article about Oregon and part of it discussed the individuality factor. SO TRUE! Diversity is a word we hear often in Oregon. Rights for individuals are taken VERY seriously. A deputy friend of mine said we have some of the most stringent search and seizure laws in the country. We're at the mercy of the law on this one. I would fall over and faint if they passed a Sunshine Law in this state.

Remember, they only release Tier III sex offenders to the public, too.

That could well be true but in this day and age, it's hard to keep up a false alibi for too long. I guess a lot would depend on how long it took for LE to find out or look seriously for discrepancies. I thought they might have a POI in mind before, but the longer this goes on, and the more they change the game plan, I start to think that they're clueless.

It worked for Drew Peterson for a long time and still working for Craig Stebic.

Suppose this is a case like Staynor and Hornbeck, two children taken by a molestor, then when they got a few years older the molestor wants ANOTHER young boy. In the Staynor case, Parnell (the perp) used Steven to help lure the younger boy. I wonder if there are any "single" fathers in that area, raising a young man by himself?

I've started looking through the "missing" young boys in Oregon and Washington for the past 10 years, assuming the perp has an age preference, in this case 7 or so. It seems when the one captured child begins to mature, it's time for another.

I don't know if these if a workable hypothesis or not, but if anyone wants to help, I haven't gotten to Washington State yet, I'm only halfway through the missing from 2000 onward of young boys around 7, give or take a few years.

That kid, poor thing, for his caretakers to allow him to be on tv saying stuff that will eventually probably be disproved.

Indeed, I think some of the stuff that he's said has already been disproved... can't recall right now, though.

What I wonder is how he could see all of this...such as seeing the parking lot well enough to see Terri driving away, when the parking lot is on the other end of the school building. At 8:45, when Terri supposedly left Kyron walking toward his building, Tanner would have been in his classroom or somewhere close by, because the final bell had just rung and kids were in their classrooms being divided up to tour the science fair.

No, Tanner is Kyron's desk mate who gave an interview to reporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nurse4home