OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
...snip...I believe they will find Kyron's remains on that Island. I believe as soon as they do there will be an arrest. I believe they know who did it,their actions clearly show they know who did it, and they have been for days building a rock solid case. I think this has to be the best LE work I've seen in a long time, I think they played this case exactly right with not releasing any info to the public. Part of that, I believe, was directed at the perp. I also think the school will be exonerated after this--except, perhaps for the lack of surveillance cameras.

Do you think the perp is a stranger or in the acquaintance/family category? I really thought this child might eventually be found alive but it just doesn't seem so certain anymore. Tragic beyond words.

yes, that's the one.

thanks pdx.

what sort of a rehab facility?

According to their website, it's basically a big clinic providing health care services, with some outpatient and counseling services for families and individuals in recovery (from drug, DUI, etc.).

But I don't think it's the native american rehab center that is key of this search - it's the proximity to the school, main road and the water!

That is exactly the portion I noticed as well, CC.
BUT, I think that isn't the school, it's the Native American Rehabilitation facility at the intersection of Cornelius Pass & Hwy 30. If you look on puf's map, you'll see there is a dirt road almost directly opposite that building, and you can see a shot of a van pulling out of that dirt road (which is marked with an orange search flag).

Oh - let me look again at the map. Thanks for the clarification.

y/w Emma.. I wonder if half my posts get seen. :)
I don't want to post the link to the facility.. it's labeled on all the google maps, including puf's (linked in my sig).. I know exactly where that Sky8 video was shot.. I'm trying to figure out who lives in the floating home at the end of that dirt path...
Anyway, I'm sure LE has been in touch with anyone they need to at the facility, which is a good group, and I don't want them bashed here. I already posted a link to another nearby business and now wish I had not.

But, for the people asking about the Cistus Nursery webcam and when it was taken down; a long time ago. Altho, it seems nearly fruitless to answer Qs here sometimes. :)

Can i just say quickly personally speaking I like to read your posts and the knowledge you bring from living in the local area :)

That is exactly the portion I noticed as well, CC.
BUT, I think that isn't the school, it's the Native American Rehabilitation facility at the intersection of Cornelius Pass & Hwy 30. If you look on puf's map, you'll see there is a dirt road almost directly opposite that building, and you can see a shot of a van pulling out of that dirt road (which is marked with an orange search flag).
Native American Rehabilitation facility ???? What is that?

So is everyone clear?

The school in St Helens is not the same school district as Skyline.
The school on Sauvie Island is an elementary only, and not near the search.
The facility shown in the Sky8 water search video from today is not a school, and it is not on the island. It is across Hwy 30 from the island.

The search today looks to be directly across Hwy 30 from the Cornelius Pass intersection.
This is the same place they were searching the railroad tracks yesterday (photo from the Oregonian).
The search seems to have concentrated on the Multnomah Channel body of water, which does NOT move quickly.

1) no one saw the child and his step parent 'leave together'
2) no one saw either of them at the school after 8:45-9am

Coupling that with your observation seems even more interesting to me.

snipped*
I want to mention that there is a chance that LE has witnesses saying they saw him leave with someone. If they do, they are not telling the public.

According to their website, it's basically a big clinic providing health care services, with some outpatient and counseling services for families and individuals in recovery (from drug, DUI, etc.).
Oh really.Hmmmm.

Can i just say quickly personally speaking I like to read your posts and the knowledge you bring from living in the local area :)

Thank you. This is happening in my real, as well as virtual, backyard.
It's getting very frustrating and crazymaking right now; a lot of my friends have 7 y/olds.

"Just a former Police Captain"? I don't mean to sound rude, but I am stunned. I would say that a former Police Captain has as much, if not more, insight and credibility as one who is still in that position.

Why would we not give credence to a Police Captain, retired or not? He has the experience and the know-how of those currently working the crime, along with more objectivity, only because he is not involved emotionally with the family.

Just my opinion

On the topic of CW Jenson, the former Portland cop who was giving his opinion on Kyron's disappearance:

He was a Portland Police officer for a long time and rose through the ranks. He was at one time the "face" of the police--the one you would see interviewed by the local news whenever a big story hit. He ran into some trouble with the politics of the police, which is not unusual around here. In fact, I would say MOST high up leaders in the Police end up leaving. This is an extremely liberal city and it is hard for police to do their job with a high proportion of the populace criticizing their every move, no matter which way they move.

That said, he also did a little time in rehab for an alcohol problem, I think, and was on police stress disability for awhile, too. (I think that was brought on mostly by the stress of dealing with the leadership which again, is quite difficult in Portland. Police chiefs rarely last more than a couple years). Now he is retired. But, even with those problems, CW Jenson has always been respected here, and because of his former high-profile job as spokesman and easy way with reporters, he is still highly sought after for his expert opinion on high profile cases. As a life-long Portlander, I would, and do, appreciate and listen to his opinion.

Hope this helps.

This may be a dumb question, but I'm hoping someone will explain and help me to understand: does a 'cell ping' show where a cell phone is located at a certain day/time? I mean, if I go to the store and have my cell phone in my pocket, would a 'cell ping' show authorities that I was at the store? Or does a person have to use their cell phone in order to create a record of sorts that authorities could then track?

I'm trying to understand what cell pings are so that I can understand how they could potentially be used in criminal cases. All I can think is that if a ping tracks when you're on the phone, you'd have to be a moron to make a call in the middle of committing a crime; therefore, I am sure I'm totally wrong and thus need someone to educate me! :blushing:

Delete if this is not okay...

I want to say why I don't think SM had anything to do with his disappearance.

First she would of had to have a motive to kill this child. Even if it was an accident, when did it take place? Lets say just for the sake of argument that there was an accident, in the parking lot and she ran him over. Why not call 911, why not scream and try to save Kyron? If he was hit or killed in a manner to cause any type of trauma, where is the blood or hair evidence in the car or home? I see lots of pictures of a well fed, well clothed, happy kid and I believe she is the one taking some of the pics. I don't get a feel that she did anything to this child and covered it. She also has a 18 month old baby, so what do you do with the baby as you are doing all this cleaning covering up?

My gut tells me, a person he felt comfortable to go what he thought would be a short distance and then head back into school. JMO

BBM.

I agree with the bolded sentence only. He did go with someone and expected to go right back to school. We disagree on who that might have been.

It is my understanding that you do not have to use your phone in order for it to be tracked.
It may need to be on? Is that how it goes?

Other locals - any idea why Forest Park isn't being searched? I have never entered the park from the west - only from the south and the east. Are there no trail heads or roads leading into the park from the west? I think Forest Park runs east alongside some big hills - is there any road to get in through those hills? I just keep wondering why the search just skips right over the park.

Absolutely you can enter Forest Park from Germantown Rd (right off HWY 30) and it comes out at Skyline Rd. (To get the Cornelius Pass after that you would take a right at Skyline). Forest park is total wilderness - extremely tall Douglas Firs all in there. The two-lane very secluded road on Germantown is curvy with very few homes right on it. There are also places you can park on the side and start hiking. It is dense forest in there.

I am very mixed about who I think could have committed this presumed crime...I think for a while I almost hoped it was a family member only because then there was a chance that whatever occurred resulted in an accidental death. That, as awful as it would be, was preferable to me than thinking of a little boy in the hands of a stranger and possibly going through a period of suffering. I still tend to think if it turns out to be a family member, that it was not planned out, i.e. this chaotic day was not used as an alibi in advance, something happened, i.e an adult lashed out at him in anger and he hit his head kind of scenario...and then maybe the atmosphere of the school on this particular day aided this person in covering up, if that makes sense. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee