OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there something besides the pictures without any comment about any kind of comparison that I've missed? An article where a reporter is doing some kind of comparison? A video where a reporter is talking about differences in Kyron's various school work?

There was a video posted where the media (with no sound) slowly panned over Kyron's hand written work while IN his classroom and contrasted it with his science project. It was pages ago and I've now commented on it 4 times. lol Made me furious any media should take the time to compare computer to hand written work - I found it very condescending. mom mho

My first post here, I really hope they find this little boy.

As for playing games like Treasure Island on cell phones, as far as I know you cannot. Treasure Island runs with flashplayer and so far there aren't any smartphones that support this. You can update Facebook, add pictures, etc. but not play flashplayer games.

But, if you have a laptop/notebook you could if you're somewhere with wifi.

Praying this little guy is found safe very soon.

That makes me feel more like whoever did this interacted with them beforehand, could have even been another parent. My child would not be going back until it was figured out :/

513727mzfgbailft.gif

I think we underestimate how far a child can wander in a day. For example, when we were young our school was in a rather rural area 1.9 miles from our house. We'd walk home at least a couple days a week and it would take us about an hour and half to get home. So, realistically, a child that is in good physical shape (lives out in the country so it's possible he does a lot of bike riding, playing out side...etc.) could have gotten lost and in 9 hours covered easily more than 2 miles the first day, especially if he happened to walk in a pretty straight line directly away from the school. I keep going back to Nadia...it was 4 days before she was found, and she was only about 1 mile from where she disappeared but in an area the search teams never thought she'd be in due to the rough terrain. Still keeping the positive energy going that he wandered farther or into terrain that just wasn't searched thoroughly and that he'll turn up alive. My prayers to the family and the many people dedicating their time and efforts to the search.

Good point, and there is more to it. When people are lost in rural areas, panic often sets in and then the adrenaline kicks in. This is why SAR and LE teams have often found adults and children far outside of their initial search radius.

My first post here, I really hope they find this little boy.

As for playing games like Treasure Island on cell phones, as far as I know you cannot. Treasure Island runs with flashplayer and so far there aren't any smartphones that support this. You can update Facebook, add pictures, etc. but not play flashplayer games.

But, if you have a laptop/notebook you could if you're somewhere with wifi.

Praying this little guy is found safe very soon.

Welcome to WS BleuK. Glad to have you here.

That makes me feel more like whoever did this interacted with them beforehand, could have even been another parent. My child would not be going back until it was figured out :/

And you too Lava. Welcome to WS!!!!

There was a video posted where the media (with no sound) slowly panned over Kyron's hand written work while IN his classroom and contrasted it with his science project. It was pages ago and I've now commented on it 4 times. lol Made me furious any media should take the time to compare computer to hand written work - I found it very condescending. mom mho

And can you imagine if the project had been poorly done? What people would be saying about the parents and their involvement in his schoolwork? Sheesh-parents can do nothing right in the mind of the public in these situations. People will find something to pick apart. :furious:

The project looked great! Really great. I didn't see the written work, but come on-he had more time to devote to his project.

Watching this now - no sound right now, correct?

This is the media flying over the school and surrounding area I believe. I am assuming the press conference will be in the church again, or in the same place the first few were at.

But this link is live already... flying over the area. No sound except maybe the helicopter.

there is no post at 11:26 when i clicked on it. must have been deleted?

Thanks for the welcome :)

It really seems likely that he could've gone outside, maybe looking for frogs or deciding to sneak away and explore somewhere near the school since the day was more relaxed, thinking he would be able to look and come back before anyone noticed. Or if he is like my seven year old he may act on impulse without consequences even entering his mind.

With the surrounding terrain it's easy to see how he could really have gotten lost-or stuck somewhere.

It's still there. It's on the second page of comments. Click on the 2 under the comments.

I just read it.

It was on the second page by someone who said she may have seen him but wanted to know if his dark cargo pants had a pattern on them.

He was wearing black cargo pants, white socks, worn black Skecher tennis shoes with orange trim and dark-colored t-shirt with the "CSI" show logo.

http://www.helpfindmychild.net/kyron-horman

and someone posted this description of his clothing on the comments of that site:

He was wearing his black CSI T-shirt and orange and black cargo pants, white socks, and worn black Skecher tennis shoes with orange trim.

Wonder if they were black cargo pants with some type of orange pattern?

It was on the second page by someone who said she may have seen him but wanted to know if his dark cargo pants had a pattern on them.

Kyron is three feet, eight inches tall. He weighs about 50 pounds. He was wearing orange and black cargo pants, white socks, worn black Skecher tennis shoes with orange trim and a T-shirt with the "CSI" logo.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20006912-504083.html

The orange could have been a pattern on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand