OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks guys. i was figuring it was a normal page where the comments are in time order, my mistake :)

http://www.kptv.com/video/15359817/index.html

Wow... I am just in shock that there is a school so close to this forest. It really is a forest. The dogs, heat sensing and infared would be invaluable in that situation. It would take days to search it all with a grid search. Hopefully it is mostly trees and so from the ground there is more visibility to see if anyone is in there.

But, he is also dressed in all black...which will blend in easily with that dark green and brown. I guess they have finished searching that area for the most part... I have not seen any searchers around there.

I don't really have anything worthwhile to add here, just wanted to say I hope they find the little guy safe and well soon. My oldest daughter will be 7 in a couple of weeks and the thought of a wee lad her age being out there on his own (or worse) is just heart breaking.

For what it's worth our schools here (I'm in Scotland so probably a bit different) use the phone call system. School starts at 9am. if your kid aint there by 10am you get a phone call. They also do the guests sign in thing, and our schools mostly only have one secure entry and you have to buzz to get in (implemented after the Dunblane tragedy). Now this is all well and good, but I have seen with my own eyes kids wandering out of school on their own - so they don't pay as much attention to kids going out, as adults going in. Also, on days of large events such as science fairs, sports days etc I have tended to find security measures go somewhat out the window as the chaos ensues. As per our School summer fayre recently when my 5 year old niece did not appear and no one had called her mum by 10am, even though she had not informed them my niece was meant to be absent. Now it was all fine as she was safe and well at home with her mum, but had she not been? The same thing would have happened. It would have been 3pm before anoyone knew anything of it.

I realise it doesn't mean much, and doesn't help to figure where the wee laddie isjust shows even schools with security measures don't always enforce them. This kind of thing could happen to literally anyone. Security should 100% be paramount for children. :banghead:

As far as the facebook game playing on a phone, they have apps for the iPhone for farmville, mafia wars, and many other flash based facebook games... So yes it is possible to play these games on a cell phone.

i hope this is real and not someone looking for attention.

BBM and red highlight by me too....

For those unfamiliar with our terrain, blackberries are THICK in Oregon. They are not native berries and tend to take over and are very hard to eliminate.

I know a lady in my town who was picking blackberries with her beloved dachshund a few years back. The dog went into the blackberries and NEVER returned. It was just a strip of blackberries at the end of a field, too! It amazed me that a dog could get lost in them like that.

Also, there are animals called "nutria" in Oregon. They were brought up from South America in the early 1900s for fur. Once the fur trade ended, they were just set free. They are VERY aggressive. They look like large rats and are the size of a large raccoon. They like wet areas.

Do you have bears in your area? It's time for them to be coming out and the blackberries could be a main staple after a winter of not eating.

there is no post at 11:26 when i clicked on it. must have been deleted?

You have to click on "2" to get to the next page of comments.

I did see a response about the pants being "black and orange", but don't know if that is confirmed by LE sdources.

I did see a response about the pants being "black and orange", but don't know if that is confirmed by LE sdources.

It's in several news sources.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20006912-504083.html

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...n-Horman/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx?rss=1100

Kyron is three feet, eight inches tall. He weighs about 50 pounds. He was wearing orange and black cargo pants, white socks, worn black Skecher tennis shoes with orange trim and a T-shirt with the "CSI" logo.

and someone posted this description of his clothing on the comments of that site:

He was wearing his black CSI T-shirt and orange and black cargo pants, white socks, and worn black Skecher tennis shoes with orange trim.

Wonder if they were black cargo pants with some type of orange pattern?

I have heard "black cargo pants with orange trim" but wasn't sure if that was confused with the black shoes with orange trim.

Either way, if you think you saw the kid... you don't question that because of the color of his PANTS. They can change their clothes!

Kyron is three feet, eight inches tall. He weighs about 50 pounds. He was wearing orange and black cargo pants, white socks, worn black Skecher tennis shoes with orange trim and a T-shirt with the "CSI" logo.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...12-504083.html

Can they even get straight what his pants looked like!!

The Sheriff and FBI guy have arrived at the previous press conference location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3