OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1) I'm amazed it doesn't occur to them that it could possibly be a teacher who did something with him.

2.) They could be wrong about that.

You are absolutely right, stead-a teacher could have been grooming him for months...we dont know. I bet the background checks are coming back fast and furiously right now.

Anyone not show up to work at the school recently or fired recently??

O/T and to human's point-my children pointed out to me this weekend that I constantly talk to strangers.

BUSTED. :)

That's a good point. How much of a sense of the danger of strangers can the kids at this school have, when everything is so loosey-goosey and the adults don't seem to think there's any danger from strangers?

I cannot emphasize enough how easy it is for a child to go with someone. Stranger danger is good up to a tiny point.

Strangers are not the same to children as adults. They are at a different brain development level than adults. Even adults go with strangers. We hear about missing adults all of the time that went off with a stranger.

Donot ever rely on the fact that your child knows stranger danger. It is not reliable.

A school= no strangers to a child.

I agree...in a school setting, a child is going to assume that anyone there is a safe person. Why would they not? At what point have any of us thought to warn our kids to be careful of who they speak to at school in the hallways, or to NOT willingly help anyone at school who asked them to do so? One of my daughter's teachers in 5th grade used to give her the keys to her car and send her out into the parking lot to get folders or books or even eye glasses that she had left in her car! When I found out about this, I told my daughter to always ask the teacher to let a friend go with her when she did this, but I never refused to let her do this favor. She would have been devastated to not be allowed such a special privilege from her teacher, as she adored her, and the trust this teacher had in her was so important to her self esteem and created such a good sense of responsibility for her. Yes, you all are correct, I probably should have told the teacher no way do I want my child to do this. But I was confident in the safety of the school, the watchfulness of others who would be in the hallways and parking lots. Thankfully, nothing bad ever happened, the world can never be completely safe no matter how confident we might be.

jmoo

From what I have read - 8:00 - 8:45am Kyron was with his mom showing his project and answering questions for others. (mom drove Kyron to school)

At 8:45 mom walked him to his classroom, where he was going to join 4-5 children for a tour of the science projects. Don't know how many groups of 4-5 there were supposed to be. The tour was to be from 8:45 to 10:00.

Mom waved goodby and thought her son was going into his class room on the 2nd floor.

He was seen later in the am 10:00 - 11:00am by another student at the south entrance.

That's all I know and even that could be wrong. lol

Just a note that attendance was said to have been taken at 10:00 and he wasn't there. http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html

Please continue here.

Part 1

Part 2

If you haven't read the rules or TOS lately, now might be a good time to do so. The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Once again, Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. We do not sleuth family until we are given a reason to do so. No one in this case has been named a POI. Further sleuthing, disparaging comments, and speculation about family involvement will not be tolerated. Anyone continuing to do so will be given a time out. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING.

It is easy to blame the family. And yes, it is important to look there. But at this point, LE has given us no reason to do so. So for now, get out of your "sleuthing comfort zone". There are dozens of other avenues to explore.

Also, we NEVER sleuth minors. You may link to Facebook pages, but do not post direct quotes. And only link to those directly involved in the case.

As always, if you have any questions, please ask. You can PM a moderator, or check the Threadiquette thread that is a sticky at the top of the forum. (Threadiquette- Questions about rules welcome here - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community)

Please stay on topic. Please remember to be respectful of other posters and all family members. If the thread continues to go sideways, the mini-mods will begin recommending time outs for the sideways posters.

ALSO - don't complain about being moderated - that is what we do HERE. If you have a complaint, question or need to vent - contact a mod. We will do our best to help and/or listen.

Thanks!

Salem

I am giving myself a timeout from posting until there is news, as I am feeling very uncertain as to what we are allowed to discuss. Other than reading more posts about how he may have gone to look for a frog, which has been suggested since Friday, there seems to be nothing more to talk about except the debate on school security and blame, IMO. I do not have an opinion on blame as far as the school goes as we do not know the entire story. Anyway, JMO.

My first post here, I really hope they find this little boy.

As for playing games like Treasure Island on cell phones, as far as I know you cannot. Treasure Island runs with flashplayer and so far there aren't any smartphones that support this. You can update Facebook, add pictures, etc. but not play flashplayer games.

But, if you have a laptop/notebook you could if you're somewhere with wifi.

Praying this little guy is found safe very soon.

:Welcome-12-june::wave:

The closest Jim Kelley I can find is 4 something miles away, on Dierdorff Rd, the address is actually Hillsboro. I don't think it's him though, because I don't see any RR tracks and it said he only lived a mile and a half away.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...42,-122.862682&spn=0.036918,0.054502&t=h&z=14

Where are the RR tracks they're referring to?

As someone pointed out earlier you can see the rr tracks when you view google maps in "map" view rather than satellite view.

Attachments

• rr tracks.jpg
    rr tracks.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 9
You are absolutely right, stead-a teacher could have been grooming him for months...we dont know. I bet the background checks are coming back fast and furiously right now.

Anyone not show up to work at the school recently or fired recently??

and this has been my point all along. if he was in the school after his mom saw him at 8:45 and dissappeared sometime after this other (suppsedly another child) person saw him that someone in the school would most likely be involved.

that is not so far out of real of possiblity to suggest.

Here are some better pictures of the school. They are from Bing Maps, but for the life of me I can't get them to link right, so I uploaded them to my account. Hope this works. If you go to Bing Maps and enter the address of the school, then click on aerial views -> Bird's Eye View, you can see the same thing.

It looks like the school is two stories, but it's situated on a hill so the second floor is at ground level in the back, where the parking lot is. One thing that struck me looking at these views is how rugged it is out there. I can totally see how a little boy with a 9 hour start could be hopelessly lost out there. :(

Attachments

• School1.jpg
    School1.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 19
  • School2.jpg
    School2.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 17
  • School3.jpg
    School3.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 20
  • School4.jpg
    School4.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 19
thank you for joining WS-this is a case that needs a lot of minds and energy, so thank you for taking the time to post with us...

That's a good point. How much of a sense of the danger of strangers can the kids at this school have, when everything is so loosey-goosey and the adults don't seem to think there's any danger from strangers?

I know. We were hiking on a trail in the mountains last weekend, and a woman stopped and said hi to my little boy (6) and told him she liked his cowboy boots. He just stared at her. When we kept walking I chastised him for not responding to her, and he goes "but you tell me to not talk to strangers."

That got me thinking. While I didn't want him to be impolite, he was trying to follow my rules of safety. It is so hard to know what to teach your children.

The family seems very happy,I really don't believe any of the immediate family are involved.I think someone took an opportunity in all the confusion of the morning,whether it was planned or not.I believe parents and students feel everything is safe in school.The lack of security and safety measures at the school were probably known by whoever did this and they took advantage of it.

That seems pretty ridiculous to me. My son has been in two different elementary schools, and both of them would have supervision 15-30 minutes before classes start. Why wouldn't they at least have parental volunteers if they couldn't afford staff?

If their school is typical of schools acroos the nation, parents drop their children off early at school and then the staff has to baby sit.

The staff is paid to do their jobs x amount of hours a day.

Parents wouldn't drop their children off at a doctor's office or a lawyer's office, but they do drop them off at a school.

Hence, paid daycare is at the school so the rest of the staff can do the jobs that they are hired to do, just as everyone else does at their place of employmnet, rather than babysitting.

Who would these volunteers be? Background check? Reliable? Responsible?? Who coordinates. Nice thought, but highly unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand