OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone see SM leave the building that morning?

I can't imagine anyone leaving the building at the morning bell unnoticed. It would be like swimming against the tide. Everyone else is walking in one direction and you are walking in the other.

28635_1484474677693_1408664948_1336244_4726354_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...bal&subj=125336750831264&id=1408664948&ref=pf

Those frogs are really little and cute. :) Good for you!

PLEASE feel free to make frogs in your avatars! It's all about KYRON!
I think this is a wonderful idea, Kiimster! It reminds us that we're all here together for Kyron.

Well darn, I could not get the froggie Avatar to work for Kyron, guess I will just have to THINK frog

OK, I just got on today and haven't had a chance to read through everything I've missed, but I did notice this breaking news story on the KATU website:

http://www.katu.com/news/local/95973029.html

Apparently, there was an attempted abduction in St. Helens, OR (20 miles away)yesterday of a fifth grade boy.

Maybe you've all already seen this and I'm late to the party...

I would call this significant. If you look at the location of Kyron's home, the main road below it (IE their house is on the backside of a hill; the school is at the top of the hill and Hwy 26 is on the south/front side of the hill) is Hwy 30.
St Helens is just along that road. That quadrant of town & outlying area is definitely all related to each other. IE, it may be 20 miles from the school but is much closer in context.

Cornellius Pass Road is the main connection between the communities along Hwy 30 to 'civilization' at Hwy 26 and the towns of Beaverton, Hillsdale etc.

I know this has been hashed and rehashed over and over again - but... if Kyron was there in the morning and his teacher saw him (which she did) and then he was not there when they were to get into groups at 8:45 AM or not there at 10 AM when the science fair ended and they were to return to class - there has to be a VERY GOOD REASON the teacher did not find that odd and wonder where he was. I, for the life of me, cannot imagine seeing my student in class before the bell, and not being alarmed that he was never in class again.

Would ANY teacher on this board think it was ok that he was there before class and then gone? Would any teacher make the assumption that he must have gone home with his stepmom? I am seriously asking this question. If it were me, and the student was there, and then gone - I would very VERY alarmed - unless I was told he would not be there for the rest of the day.
YES YES AND YES!!! 150% agree with you. I've been teaching 15 years and if I saw one of my kids in the AM and then he just "wasn't there", I would definitely be asking questions and making phone calls. Especially since she saw (and spoke with) SM that AM. Kyron is only 7 yrs old - all you parents know how close you have to watch the little ones.

But sadly we do have teachers all over that just don't "get it". Don't pay attention or can't multi-task with 15 kids.

Yes I wholeheartedly agree with you!

Well darn, I could not get the froggie Avatar to work for Kyron, guess I will just have to THINK frog
I swear that Bert did not hurt Kermet! (Poppy has Kermet as her avatar.)

Maybe as suggested - they will create a "KYRON ALERT"....

FOR these special cases.

I agree! If it doesn't "qualify" for an Amber Alert, maybe there could be a "Kyron Call" or "Kyron Alert" for missing, endangered children. But then again, I think that if a child is missing for any reason, they are endangered. I just don't think we can be to cautious when it comes to kids. Even if they leave willingly, they just don't have the ability to be on their own and prosper.

Maybe.But they said they thought Kyrons disappearance was an isolated incident.What did they mean by that?

Doesnt that usually mean that they have a pretty "good" idea of who or what?

WOW cwiz24!! THANK YOU for the post on the St. Helen's attempted abduction. This could explain A LOT. Almost the same age as Kyron, and 20 miles from Kyron's school. That is NOT that far! Thank G-d that little boy wiggled free, and that there was a witness! These people are the scum of the earth. And on that note, in this day in age, you just can't let your elementary schooler walk home alone. Sad, but true.

O/T a little.

This is a story about a 6 year old who walked away from school during a school fair. Sounds very chaotic with questionable adult supervision. Child walked a long way home and then back to school when his mother was not at home.

http://www.philly.com/philly/educat...tner_missing_from_school_had_walked_home.html

WOW - that is an eye opener.

I did not think a child would leave on his own - but apparantly he might.

Scary.

This makes me think maybe Kyron could have walked off on his own unnoticed.

I think this is a wonderful idea, Kiimster! It reminds us that we're all here together for Kyron.
I love it! Is there a site for these little frogs where they are already sized for those of us who are not techno orientated? LOL

Kyron's abductor was sophisticated. He/she went into a school and [got Kyron/lured him/encourage Kyron to leave because Kyron knew this person] without anyone seeing him/her. Newest sicko does not fit the same profile.

Articles on the St. Helen's Abduction Attempt

St. Helens police looking into attempted student abduction
South County Spotlight - ‎56 minutes ago‎
St. Helens police are asking for the public's help identifying a man who attempted to abduct a fifth-grade student who was walking home from school ...
http://www.spotlightnews.net/news/story.php?story_id=127610500902704700

St. Helens cops look into child abduction attempt
KATU - ‎1 hour ago‎
By KATU News An adult witnessed the incident and described the suspect as white, 35 to 40 years old, heavyset, with a 3 to 4-inch long ponytail and a large ...
http://www.katu.com/news/local/95973029.html

St. Helens boy says stranger tried to kidnap him after school
kgw.com - Teresa Blackman - ‎1 hour ago‎
ST. HELENS, Ore. – Police are searching for a man who tried to kidnap a boy walking home from school in the St. Helens area Tuesday ...
http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Boy-says-stranger-tried-to-kidnap-him-after-school-95972554.html

Boy Reports Kidnapping Attempt In St. Helens
KPTV Portland - ‎1 hour ago‎
ST. HELENS, Ore. -- St. Helens police are asking for help in finding a man who may have tried to kidnap a fifth-grade student walking home from school. ...
http://www.kptv.com/news/23844843/detail.html

And now LE is stepping it up:

In light of the disappearance of Kyron Horman from Skyline Elementary last week, Salle said it was important for children and parents to stay vigilant. Still, abduction cases in the St. Helens area are very infrequent, he added.

http://www.spotlightnews.net/news/story.php?story_id=127610500902704700

So, my question now is: Does everyone still think LEO was justified in withholding information? Granted, this may not be related; but, what if it is??? Another child could have been taken!! LE needs to start talking and give a little info. Anything to know other kids are safe! I know, I live on the other side of the country; but, dang, now I am worried about all of the kids in Portland!!!:banghead::banghead:

WOW - that is an eye opener.

I did not think a child would leave on his own - but apparantly he might.

Scary.

This makes me think maybe Kyron could have walked off on his own unnoticed.

My nephew (who has ADHD) has on a couple occasions just up and left school and walked home. One time they lived several miles from the school. I think this was when he was in 3rd grade and first grade. Of course the school called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member