OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I am so glad of this, and I hope we see a lot more of it. I know a missing person case where the family had to retain an attorney and go after some people to back off. Another case where about a week ago, the chief of police issued a statement about the impact on the family and friends of the rumors being spread. Another case where somebody had to be arrested for harrassment.

It's just all getting to be too darn much, and it's negatively impacting finding the victims.

Go LE!!!!

Other LE agencies should take note of how this one is handling Kyron's case. I've been very impressed.

I looked back thru the threads to some extent, but did not find it. Was the toddler along with them at the science fair?

I agree with protecting the family, but them not wanting community volunteers, and reward money confuses me so much!

I'm still listening to the presser and so this will be very short. But, did I hear correctly that Gates would like to set up time to sit with all of the media off-camera? What would be the purpose of that? My gut says that he's going to ask them to lay off asking certain questions. And, in my opinion, the reason they want to keep the media quiet is because they know something. I'm not sure what that something is, but I am convinced that LE has information that they are strongly against sharing with the public as a whole at this time.

I support all that LE is doing. But, these press conferences are creating more questions and anxiety in my mind than they are doing to alleviate it. My only concern is that Kyron is found and returned home.

The presser just ended with Gates, again, asking if it would be okay to meet with the media off-camera. I understand and respect LE and what they are doing, but it does cause me some concern and definitely makes me question what is not being said.

WE can only be stressed by it if we allow ourselves to. I keep reminding myself that the media's job is to have eyeballs on their station/website/paper etc.. not everything they write/report is newsworthy or provides more information. It's so easy to want more more more from them.

But, I agree with Kokopelli here.. I had the distinct impression that he'll tell the media a bit more off camera and ask them to back off of specific questions.. it's got to be because they have their sights on someone. The only thing that bothers me with this theory is: Why keep the search going unless you really think he's outdoors?

The search is being expanded by hundreds starting tomorrow.

Thanks so much for your 'local' insights - much appreciated.
Pretty sure it was reported that a white truck was seen going down a road that is a dead-end - the location was - - NW Cornelius Pass Road - the 2 people reporting the suspicious truck live right there and said how suspicious it was to have a truck come down their dead-end road twice in one day. Once in the day and the other time very early morning.

Guess I'm wondering about empty, abandoned, and foreclosed structures in that area. Could this man work in this area? Any thoughts?

ETA: it was said the person driving the truck was a woman.

Thank you, and thanks for bringing this up again. I posted yesterday that I think this is one of the more peculiar reports, and I *think* I know where JK's property is (off Cornellius Pass Rd).

I will tell you one thing about CP Road and that gully/canyon that is east of the road (and east of Kyron's home)... I went househunting with a friend out there once and have been down a few of those private roads. You can also see several of the properties from the road.
Let's just say that 'Dueling Banjos' was the joke of the day... it's an isolated place, and there are at least two properties with all the old cars & junk outside, covered with tarps sort of place, if you know what I mean.

It's not McMansion-land on the back side of CP Road (between school & Hwy 30).

MOO <----lol

Deputy reads Horman family statement at link.

http://www.kgw.com/video?id=95983409&sec=547977
As a "family statement" this was very disappointing. Sounds like it was written by LE. Nothing personal about how much they love and miss him, what he means to them, etc.

The continued emphasis on it being about Kyron and not them makes me think they have something to hide, not necessarily about his disappearance, but something to hide. When families have given statements before the focus doesn't necessarily shift to them.

I just find this odd.

Hello to our 98 GUESTS! :woohoo: It is great to see so many interested in Kyron's case!

Allow me to welcome everyone and invite you to become members of Websleuths! It is easy to join and we'd love to hear your opinions!!!

Smiley02.gif
Smiley02.gif
Smiley02.gif

Bumping up ~

An adult also witnessed the incident and described the suspect as white, 35 to 40 years old, heavyset, with a 3 to 4-inch long ponytail and a large forehead. He was wearing blue coveralls with dirt of grease on them.

Sounds like it could be Jesse James.

I know that this case is not funny. But I was sitting her on the verge of tears with frustration with LE and for LE. That made me laugh.

BBM. I didn't get that, but that sure is interesting. Hmmm.
The only thing I can think of is for the safety of others. Perhaps reward- hungry people become overly zealous and do stupid things????

why on earth would they wait on offering more reward money?

Wondering if the thinking is - if they know we keep upping the reward, people will wait with their tips? Other than that - I have no idea. moo

As a "family statement" this was very disappointing. Sounds like it was written by LE. Nothing personal about how much they love and miss him, what he means to them, etc.

The continued emphasis on it being about Kyron and not them makes me think they have something to hide, not necessarily about his disappearance, but something to hide. When families have given statements before the focus doesn't necessarily shift to them.

I just find this odd.

I don't think the statement necessarily indicates they have something to hide (and it is VERY apparent that LE doesn't think they have anything to hide either). But the statement did seem very contrived, not a normal family-type statement.

There's definitely more here than meets the eye.

I agree with protecting the family, but them not wanting community volunteers, and reward money confuses me so much!

This tells me that LE might be building a case against someone and volunteers and a reward will not be needed. And a case against who? I have nooooo clue.

Did anyone else catch the captain's slight smile when he was talking about the biggest frustration being that they want to bring Kyron home as soon as possible?

Cause running and hiding makes you look even more guilty.

Police call it "harassment" and not an abduction attempt. The homeless perp continued to walk on down the street after the incident. (He didn't run and hide.)

He is obviously mental! What a creep!

Sheriff would not comment if a magistrate had been asked for a search warrant. He stated that they have not searched the family's property.

A reporter stated that somebody from community offered more money for the reward, but was told to wait. The sheriff agreed but would not comment on who is making the community member wait or why they must wait????
Let me get this straight. They have not searched the family's property, but they are asking people to search their own property and outbuildings and even check with neighbors who have may need assistance searching their properties. Strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman