OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree 100%!! I would think one of the absolute first places you would search besides the location last seen in, would be his home! The only reason I can think of that not happening would be if the homeowner refused the search without a warrant.

Maybe Gates is saying it is 'absolutely not true - did not happen' that they needed to get a warrant, that the family agreed to a search and it has already happened. Is this how that was intended? What exactly was the reporter's question about the search warrant?

That's how I took it. He said, "no" to the search WARRANT. No one asked if it had been searched. It's entirely possible the family opened their home and property to a search without a warrant being necessary.

They've certainly provided tons of photos of him with different facial expressions and outfits. Seems to me they're cooperating, but that's just my opinion.

Did he state they haven't searched the family's property OR that they had not executed a search warrant?

LE may well have already searched their property with their permission. No warrant needed.
They have not searched it. The Sheriff wouldn't comment if they had asked for a SW.

Miranda Gaddis Family Reaches Out

Terri Duffey and Miriah Gaddis find it difficult to watch the news coverage. “We know what they're going through and it's hard and it's scary. Our story, our situation, didn't end up as well but we are holding onto hope for their son,” said Terri Duffey.
Duffey and her niece Miriah Gaddis plan to place fliers in their town of Oregon City, where Miranda Gaddis and Ashley Pond vanished 8 years ago. Unlike Kyron, Miranda Gaddis never made it to school.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/mostpopul...amily-Reaches-Out/8hbf0y06aU-CN4uWhRQ1qQ.cspx

Another sad case. Nice they are helping.

I still grieve for those girls! What a horrific outcome. :( Brooke's was another one. :(

Oh please let Kyron come home safely! :praying:

Sheriff would not comment if a magistrate had been asked for a search warrant. He stated that they have not searched the family's property.

A reporter stated that somebody from community offered more money for the reward, but was told to wait. The sheriff agreed but would not comment on who is making the community member wait or why they must wait????

Did they say they didn't search the property or didn't get a court order to search the property. LE has said the family has been very cooperative, so I can't believe they haven't searched the property with the family's consent.

I agree, very strange about the reward money...that makes no sense unless LE already knows a lot more than they're letting out.

However, remember when Zoey Dorsey was found? Those were volunteers, and had it not been for them, she might not have been found alive. They were miles away from the designated search area.

That's true.
That was a miracle too. More hope!

I can see points in both.

Unapproved searchers can cause a lot of added work if one or more gets lost, taking away from search efforts of trained searchers. They can also destroy evidence if they are not trained in how to handle things as they come up to it.

But, they have been very helpful and have saved lives before.

Let me get this straight. They have not searched the family's property, but they are asking people to search their own property and outbuildings and even check with neighbors who have may need assistance searching their properties. Strange.

I also find it odd they haven't done any searches at the family home -- especially with Luminol.

This was the part I missed at the beginning. Is this the entire statement from the family?

Kyron's family would like to thank everyone for their support and interest in finding their son. The outpouring of support and continued efforts strengthens their hope.We need for folks to continue to assist us in our goal. Please search your property, your cars, your outbuildings, your sheds. Also check with your neighbors and friends who may be on vacation or may need assistance to search their property. There are a lot of resources out there to help. Please don't stop.

ETA: http://www.katu.com/news/95985679.html

However, remember when Zoey Dorsey was found? Those were volunteers, and had it not been for them, she might not have been found alive. They were miles away from the designated search area.

Thats why it bothers me so much. With so much land to search I can't see the cons outweighing the pros in this case. I know they have more info than they are letting on, but its so frustrating! :banghead:

I'm sure the Horman home has been searched for Kyron!

I hate to ask this but I wonder if they have searched any landfills?

My feelings have changed so many times over this but I truly feel the family is innocent here. They want their child back - plain and simple. It seems their home is fully open to the LE and they are cooperating 100%. Not one of them is taking the opportunity to be plastered all over the media - keeping the main focus on Kyron. One thing I notice is that the other siblings of Kyron's are fuzzy in the picture and the SM is not. To me that shows she is strong and is not afraid to show her face. Please lets use our energy to keep positive. Put yourself in the SM's shoes and if that was you.

I have grown up in the Willamette Valley most of my entire life. Like it or not we have a LOT of serial killers, sexual predators, etc here in Oregon and Washington. I grew up in the capital of Oregon and that town is full of corrupt and unsolved murders, etc. I just keep going back to Wesley Allan Dodd who took that boy so fast he made our heads spin.

Yesterday's attempted abduction in St. Helen's is JUST a short way from the Skyline Elementary School. It makes me wonder about the police being at the school the previous ? week. Could that be why so many things have not been released especially in light of the recent abduction attempt?

If you have been involved in any abuse of any sort you know you are profiled by the person doing it. A pedophile grooms you for what they do to you and they have a certain child personality they look for. Because of my abuse background I know there are certain personalities who get into different situations without even intending to do so. Kyron is so little and sweet looking that I think he was a perfect target.

Whoever took him could of been just traveling back home thru our normal back roads here in Oregon and could of just driven by that school per CHANCE and saw that sign with kids and cars everywhere. Perfect opportunity to snatch a child. All we have to do is look away for a brief moment and they are gone - we all know that. Please show some compassion towards this woman, this school, these teachers, etc. Imagine just making one mistake that lead to this... It is so sad, so sick and nobody knows what to do. IF LE is having a hard time doing these interviews without choking up - imagine being a parent.

I, too originally thought that this was so fishy with a SM involved, etc but at this point I feel he was abducted. Kids are so easily persuaded especially if they have been involved in divorces of their parents no matter how good everything is around them. He seems to idolize his older SB and that being said he might of just as easily of gone off with anybodies older sibling, friend, etc. He is a trusting sort of fella. Too trusting...

It's just sickening...

PS I've always been just a sleuth and this is my first post...

Did the family really write this? Doesn't at all sound like a statement written by the family, especially because it refers to them in third person. This is the sum total of the statement:

Kyron's family would like to thank everyone for their support and interest in finding their son. The outpouring of support and continued efforts strengthens their hope.We need for folks to continue to assist us in our goal. Please search your property, your cars, your outbuildings, your sheds. Also check with your neighbors and friends who may be on vacation or may need assistance to search their property. There are a lot of resources out there to help. Please don't stop.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/95985679.html

The only thing I can think of is for the safety of others. Perhaps reward- hungry people become overly zealous and do stupid things????

Reward hungry people "make up" tips and information, just grasping at straws to HOPE they get something right. It turns into a situation of hundreds of tips coming in from people wanting money NOT wanting to help. If someone has a real tip and real concern they will call it in, WITHOUT promise of a reward.

jmoo

I have followed ONE case where LE was this protective of the family. The case was handled almost exactly like this one. LE stayed with the family every day for like 3 weeks. Very tight lipped. No info for a LONG time. We had no idea what was going on and were beginning to think LE didn't either.
It was the Somer Thompson case.

I hope this case turns out better for Kyron than Somer's did.

There was two very key differences here that are just SO hinky to me.

I'm having such a hard time with the step-mother. I need to go away for a bit and come back when it's over.

Did the family really write this? Doesn't at all sound like a statement written by the family, especially because it refers to them in third person. This is the sum total of the statement:

http://www.katu.com/news/local/95985679.html

Followed by a short lecture from the family laison to leave this family alone. And he wasn't nice about it either. I really want to rewatch this presser.

The statement, the sheriff and press is showing me this looks like he wandered off. I wonder if they are just betraying that but its something else. They are not letting us know the search area right?

I'm sure the Horman home has been searched for Kyron!

It has, there was a statement early on about that and the fact that other people in the area had allowed searches and no one had refused permission to do so.

jmoo

O/T:
I'm one of those who think he was guided by God right to her.
I know a lot of people don't believe in that, and that's ok. But, it gives me hope.

I completely agree w/ you. I do believe GOD led him to Nadia. GOD Bless that man!!

Btw, I uploaded a pic ... can someone tell me how to add it to my profile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman