OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing they can't do is break the law, so they can't trespass. He legally cannot tell them what they are allowed to shoot or ask. Police can block off a crime scene and not allow entry, but they cannot set "ground rules" for media behavior.

No, but they can ask them as a professional courtesy... or human courtesy. He can flat out say "We believe you are risking this child's life if he is still alive by doing _____. I am asking you as a father and as a law enforcement officer that you will want information from in the future, to stop doing that."

He could also be hoping that someone DOES show up at the family's house for some reason and knows they won't with media around. Or hoping that someone will show up in the search area. He may need the media to back off in order for their tactic to work in the first place.

If there is a ransom, that could have something to do with the ransom demand... the location could be a place that media is located.

"Overwhelming sadness" persists at Intel over disappearance of colleague's son, Kyron Horman​

kyron-posterjpg-a85400e641090a1f_large.jpg

Intel's Oregon employees -- like the rest of the state -- remain consumed by the ongoing search for missing second-grader Kyron Horman, whose father, Kaine, works in the company's architecture group in Hillsboro.

"There's a kind of overwhelming sadness at the situation facing the family," Intel spokesman Bill MacKenzie says this afternoon.

"Some employees have been involved in an effort to provide food and so forth for the searchers," MacKenzie says. Others are translating Kyron's "Missing" flier into Spanish.​

Something still doesn't ring true to me about this case. The one day the step mom takes Kyron to school -- he goes missing. It just really is beginning to scream to me "Creating an alibi"

In a statement, the family urged people to search their property, their outbuildings, sheds, anything they can think of to help find the boy.

They want to keep the focus on Kyron, said Capt. Mike Shults of the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office at a noon news conference.

Meanwhile, investigators have activated a statewide search-and-rescue plan that will bring hundreds of searchers and teams to the area to help out, said Capt. Jason Gates of the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office. The crews will be on the ground here as early as tonight, but in force by Thursday, he said.

He said he couldn't say how many people were searching today or where they were looking.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/family_says_please_dont_stop_s.html

Something still doesn't ring true to me about this case. The one day the step mom takes Kyron to school -- he goes missing. It just really is beginning to scream to me "Creating an alibi"

We have no idea how many times a week that she took him to the school, could have been many dozens of times throughout the year. It is obvious that she was a frequent visitor to the school, since there are many previous pictures to prove that, plus numerous statements that she was a room mother and regular classroom aide and volunteer.

jmoo

~ I have a red-eye tree frog avatar for Kyron ~

At the moment I honestly don't know what to make of this PC.
Recapping the latest...
We have;
1. An isolated case
2. Searching for a live Kyron
3. No volunteer searchers allowed/requested
4. No reward donations necessary at this time (to increase reward)
5. Stay off the family's lawn/property
6. Keep the focus on Kyron/not the family
7. Search your own property/outbuildings and assist absent neighbors, or those unable to search their own property/outbuidings also
8. Special instructions for press given privately after the PC by LE

Did I miss anything?

At the top of the page next to home click user cp. YOu should see it from there.

Thank you for your help! Hopefully I figured it out. This red eye tree frog is for you Kyron! Please come home soon and safe! Sending you an angel to watch over you! :angel::praying::praying:

I hate to even type this, but let's just say he was murdered and thrown in a trash can or dumpster (like a few recent cases..so sad, but it happens), then that trash would go to Eastern OR?
Well, I would think maybe a search would be going on there maybe.

JMO

That is exactly what I mean. That was the first thing done in the Somer case and I wonder if they have done that here, traced the garbage and looked?

Recapping the latest...
We have;
1. An isolated case
7. Search your own property/outbuildings and assist absent neighbors, or those unable to search their own property/outbuidings also

Did I miss anything?

You forgot:

9. criminal investigation

oops... never mind. That was a "grammatical error." :waitasec:

Please, please, please don't post about what we have been repeatedly warned about. TIA

Recapping the latest...
We have;
1. An isolated case

Did I miss anything?
BBM

While speculating about the family is common for any case, we don't want to focus on them, just like the sheriff requested.

Make sure we are sleuthing other scenarios. Many of us have followed a lot of cases here. I HATE talking about landfills but I also remember than we'd still be wondering where Somer was if such a search hadn't occurred.

Where are the landfills and is there a search going on there, I wonder? Do we have any eastern Oregonians in here?

I'm pretty sure of one thing, unfortunately LE doesn't appear to be looking in places for a live kid.

Unless they feel they are looking at an Elizabeth Smart type of situation... where he is being kept outside. Nobody really thought they were looking for a live Elizabeth in Emigration Canyon. But she WAS alive there...and remained that way. Continuing to live outdoors in various places.

They could have reason to suspect that... such as the evidence of a camp or camps, that they "won't comment" on. :twocents:

Facebook was brought up earlier. SM has made her FB private so we are no longer discussing it on the forum. :)

Saying that they haven't executed a search warrant doesn't mean they haven't searched the home and property.

I can't see this operation, as tight and controlled as it is, overlooking something as fundamental as searching the family home. I don't think they're that dense.

JMO, of course.

Agreed. I'm assuming that LE would have asked to search the home in the immediate days after Kyron vanished if for anything but to gather dna...and that the family agreed, that is why a search warrant hasn't been mentioned...if this is the case...still searching for that info!

MOO (as always)

Also it would be interesting to know the class size of Kyron's class.

There was that whole "9 teachers" plus aides quote in the article a while back... I also heard it was a 12 to 1 student to teacher ratio. I have never heard a number of children in his individual class. But, whether 12 to 1 or 9 teachers... either way is pretty good.

The statement, the sheriff and press is showing me this looks like he wandered off. I wonder if they are just betraying that but its something else. They are not letting us know the search area right?

I'm not disagreeing with you...I'm just a newbie and not very experienced at reading between the lines with the press conferences, news, etc! What about the case indicates to you that KH wandered off?

Agreed. I'm assuming that LE would have asked to search the home in the immediate days after Kyron vanished if for anything but to gather dna...and that the family agreed, that is why a search warrant hasn't been mentioned...if this is the case...still searching for that info!

MOO (as always)

Yep :)

PORTLAND, Ore. — Crews from all 36 counties in Oregon will join the search for Kyron Horman as the focus remains in the area around the rural Portland school where the 7-year-old boy disappeared Friday.
The Multnomah County sheriff's office has been leading the effort since it began. The additional search and rescue teams are expected to begin arriving Wednesday night and be in the field on Thursday.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5j9b2LUBiZZfn4HkSTtQZpweYzk3AD9G7V3OO0

Yeah but it's hard to tell sometime who is a vic and who is a perp. Not saying this is the case here. But it is valid to question the role of those closest to a vic. It may not be allowed at WS, but it is still valid. The stats back up that a caregiver, be it parent, bf, gf, etc etc are the most likely to have direct involvement in a childs disappearance or death. Stranger abductions are very very rare.

I have my own questions I feel are valid, but for obvious reasons I don't voice them here.

Yes, it's valid to look at the roles of those closest to a victim, certainly. It is allowed at WS :)

What I was thinking of primarily is a lot of carp I've seen go on on Facebook sites for the missing. It gets pretty vicious.

For myself, I don't have a problem showing compassion for those close to a victim. The worst that can happen is that it ends up that one of them is a perp. I'm okay with that. It's not a loss to me. I can feel okay about myself for that. I can live with it.

I would not be okay with ripping someone to shreds or harrassing them, only to find out that they had nothing to do with it, and that I had caused them more pain on top of the pain they are already going through. I couldn't feel okay about myself. I wouldn't be able to come up with anything that would make me feel better about having done it. I don't want to have to live with that.

So I make a conscious choice for compassion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129