OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but it's hard to tell sometime who is a vic and who is a perp. Not saying this is the case here. But it is valid to question the role of those closest to a vic. It may not be allowed at WS, but it is still valid. The stats back up that a caregiver, be it parent, bf, gf, etc etc are the most likely to have direct involvement in a childs disappearance or death. Stranger abductions are very very rare.

I have my own questions I feel are valid, but for obvious reasons I don't voice them here.

Hi Suzi, They have really added so many facets/catagories to the statistics on missing children it gets quite complicated. This seems to be the best site I found:

http://www.missingkids.com/en_US/documents/nismart2_nonfamily.pdf

I thought the Table 5 was interesting, 'Details Related to the Movement of Nonfamily Abducted Children' in relating that to Kyron's case. It is PDF and won't c & p.

Well said! I like how Tricia says we can speculate but not sleuth them or bash them.

Actually, I thought we were moving away from even speculating when reports came out that others saw Kyron after SM left the school? I was only on the thread for a short time during that discussion so maybe I misread that. :waitasec:

Yes, very well put!! I agree that we need to support the family until if and only IF proof comes out to say otherwise.

BBM, I think everyone should really lay off of SM. LE has admitted that Kyron was seen by other witnesses AFTER SM left. Therefore, she should no longer be viewed as a suspect in my eyes anyway. Even the LE said they did not suspect the family. They didn't come right out and say they were all cleared; but, I took what they said to pretty much mean that is how they feel.

Can anyone imagine how SM feels? I don't see anyway to blame this on her; but, I am willing to bet that the "mother" in her blames herself (which is completely wrong ... but understandable as a mother). Not only has her son disappeared but people have gone all over the web bashing her for anything she does.

At this point let me say this: SM and the rest of the family, I am COMPLETELY BEHIND YOU! Praying Kyron comes home safely!!!:praying::praying::praying::praying:

Yes, it's valid to look at the roles of those closest to a victim, certainly. It is allowed at WS :)

What I was thinking of primarily is a lot of carp I've seen go on on Facebook sites for the missing. It gets pretty vicious.For myself, I don't have a problem showing compassion for those close to a victim. The worst that can happen is that it ends up that one of them is a perp. I'm okay with that. It's not a loss to me. I can feel okay about myself for that. I can live with it.

I would not be okay with ripping someone to shreds or harrassing them, only to find out that they had nothing to do with it, and that I had caused them more pain on top of the pain they are already going through. I couldn't feel okay about myself. I wouldn't be able to come up with anything that would make me feel better about having done it. I don't want to have to live with that.

So I make a conscious choice for compassion.

Very well said. It's a good rule to be cautious w/FB, Twitter and all social sites regarding any crisis....as these are good places for people to have thier voice no matter thier motives without a consequence (if this makes sense). :) You can basically write whatever you want truth or not and because it's written people assume it is fact. Don't get me wrong...these websites all have thier benefits but in a delicate situation as a missing child....compassion should rule. MOO

They reportedly have a sheriff’s deputy with them at all times, though sheriff's officials say none of Kyron's relatives is considered a suspect. His parents got divorced in 2003, right around the time he was born. His mom lives in Medford, about 275 miles away, and according to relatives, sees her son on a regular basis. She's in Portland now, and the family is reportedly cooperating with investigators, and of course, asking for the public's help to bring Kyron home.
http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/06/09/oregon-missing-boy-mystery-day-6/

Have there been any threats against any other family members? That would certainly explain the police protection surrounding the family and the apparent lack of comments from them.

As the days pass, I loose more and more hope. What is is frightening about this case is that Kyron was there and then suddenly he is gone. ...From an environment he was in every day. It is very concerning. I just wish he was home. I just wish this sort of thing didn't happen. Someone must have taken him and I will never understand why anyone would do such an act.

Praying for Kyron and for answers.

I'm not disagreeing with you...I'm just a newbie and not very experienced at reading between the lines with the press conferences, news, etc! What about the case indicates to you that KH wandered off?

Hi! I'm not good at this stuff. But it seems like they want everyone to check homes, cars, sheds and so on. No one has mention to look for someone who is acting strange, or different. Or even if anyone is missing. I don't know. I hope Kyron is found safely soon.

Well put, I choose compassion as well.

I envy you all a little bit. It is not that I am not a compassionate person (because my heart breaks for this little boy and all the others in situations like this), but I think I am just more of a "thinking" person than a "feeling" person. O/T if you are familiar with the Myers Briggs personality tests - you know they break personality traits down into the following:

Introvert vs Extrovert
Sensing vs Intuitive
Thinking vs Feeling
Judging vs Perceiving

If I dug and dug and looked at every possible angle with the sole purpose of finding Kyron - and it caused an innocent person to get their feelings hurt in the process, I would feel badly of course - but to me it is better to search for truth and leave no stones unturned than to protect the feelings of someone going thru a tragedy. I hope that makes sense. Now, I need a break from this. I hope we hear some good news soon!

PORTLAND, Ore. — Crews from all 36 counties in Oregon will join the search for Kyron Horman as the focus remains in the area around the rural Portland school where the 7-year-old boy disappeared Friday.
The Multnomah County sheriff's office has been leading the effort since it began. The additional search and rescue teams are expected to begin arriving Wednesday night and be in the field on Thursday.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5j9b2LUBiZZfn4HkSTtQZpweYzk3AD9G7V3OO0

Doesn't it seem like they believe he wandered off?

We haven't pulled up a map yet that shows that big forest behind the school with the gorge type areas running thru it where at places have a 300' drop. I heard that on KOIN News.

I'm not too good at maps but was amazed at this terrain being so close to civilization was so like a wilderness area.

What if someone mentioned to Kyron his project would be so cool if he could attach say a piece of fern or moss that this red eyed frog loved. So he set out toward the trees to go where he thought there might be a pond area, slipped and fell down an embankment and is now hidden by the underbrush. Just a thought if as LE is trying to tell us, there is no predator that took him.

Maybe in all their interviews of kids and parents etc they learned someone had mentioned this to Kyron, as that would make the way the case is being directed as having some sense about it. xox

Kyron would probably left the school with a current or former babysitter ( and their boyfriend ), if their story was convincing enough... I am absolutely certain that LE has checked them all out ; I wonder what they found ? I really hope this isn't some stupid,half *advertiser censored**ed attempt to extort money from this child's family....

On that St. Helen's child abduction:

Homeless man held after possible St. Helens child abduction attempt
Police make arrest after man fitting description spotted by city employee

http://www.portlandtribune.com/news/story.php?story_id=127610500902704700

Multnomah County Sheriff’s Capt. Jason Gates told reporters in Portland Wednesday that local detectives were talking with St. Helens police about the abduction attempt. Gates did not say, however, if there was a connection between the alleged attempted abduction and the June 4 disappearance of 7-year-old Kyron Horman from Skyline School in rural Northwest Portland.

I bet that's what he was talking to the reporters about after the presser!

LE has admitted that Kyron was seen by other witnesses AFTER SM left.

snipped for space and bbm

I did not know we had confirmation that the sightings inside the school, by the students or staff, did not include seeing SM also. I haven't heard either way. Can someone say for sure?

*snipped*

I suppose what I'm getting at, is that a talent show was a preplanned event that was a rather important end of the year show. For a child to miss this event with no word from a parent specifically saying something like, "Hey, I know y'all spent hours preparing for this talent show and my son has a part in it, but sorry, he won't be there," I think I might be concerned enough to check things out when the child didn't make it back in time. Heck, the SM and little boy could have been in an accident that prevented them from coming back to the school, for all the teacher knows. Not that that is her problem, but the child's whereabouts and why he would be missing from class all day, should be her concern.

I guess I just feel a day with a Science Fair AND a talent show is pretty big to a kid and a school, and that a teacher might be concerned if a child missed both, since the fair was in the morning and the talent show was in the afternoon.

I dunno, I guess I might be more cautious than some other people. There are many alarms ringing and red flags being battered in the breeze as far as this case goes, imo.

I know I'm late on this one, and maybe someone has answered it, but my question is this:

If Kyron was in a talent show in the afternoon, was that something parents could attend? And if so, do we know why the SM wasn't there to see him?

Just curious....

I envy you all a little bit. It is not that I am not a compassionate person (because my heart breaks for this little boy and all the others in situations like this), but I think I am just more of a "thinking" person than a "feeling" person. O/T if you are familiar with the Myers Briggs personality tests - you know they break personality traits down into the following:

Introvert vs Extrovert
Sensing vs Intuitive
Thinking vs Feeling
Judging vs Perceiving

If I dug and dug and looked at every possible angle with the sole purpose of finding Kyron - and it caused an innocent person to get their feelings hurt in the process, I would feel badly of course - but to me it is better to search for truth and leave no stones unturned than to protect the feelings of someone going thru a tragedy. I hope that makes sense. Now, I need a break from this. I hope we hear some good news soon!

Thank you! You said it much better than I was trying to. I'll make you type out my posts from now on.

I agree, if we support the family and end up being wrong about one of them, big deal......at least we were sympathetic to those who had no involvement and were in true pain. That is a far better error to make than multiplying the misery that they must be in right now.
If we at WS have all been troubled and stressed worrying about this child, think of the complete devastation that those with whom he belongs must be enduring.

jmoo

Agreed! And it is not like this family is out there doing things that scream 'guilty'- we could put anyone under the microscope right now, but not making this tougher on the family is by far the best way.

We haven't pulled up a map yet that shows that big forest behind the school with the gorge type areas running thru it where at places have a 300' drop. I heard that on KOIN News.

I'm not too good at maps but was amazed at this terrain being so close to civilization was so like a wilderness area.

Here's a basic google map.

You can see that Forest Park, and the West Hills, are directly east from the school. Skyline Blvd is one of the only roads that traverses the hill range. Zoom in a bit and you can see that there are very few paved roads.

It's quite wild.

I did not know we had confirmation that the sightings inside the school, by the students or staff, did not include seeing SM also. I haven't heard either way. Can someone say for sure?

I don't think we have confirmation on that yet, Jules. It looks that way, but nothing we can point to and say it's logically definite, and no confirmation from LE yet. MOO

Hi Suzi, They have really added so many facets/catagories to the statistics on missing children it gets quite complicated. This seems to be the best site I found:

http://www.missingkids.com/en_US/documents/nismart2_nonfamily.pdf

I thought the Table 5 was interesting, 'Details Related to the Movement of Nonfamily Abducted Children' in relating that to Kyron's case. It is PDF and won't c & p.

It is a good site - my problem with all the stats is and I know that's the best we have right now, but for me, it's not good enough to even speculate...we don't know what category all the cold cases, missing children, and all unsolved cases should be placed. If ever found and added, the stats could change drastically. My guess is that stranger abductions and serial murderers will go much higher. just my opinion and all that stuff.

Yeah but it's hard to tell sometime who is a vic and who is a perp. Not saying this is the case here. But it is valid to question the role of those closest to a vic. It may not be allowed at WS, but it is still valid. The stats back up that a caregiver, be it parent, bf, gf, etc etc are the most likely to have direct involvement in a childs disappearance or death. Stranger abductions are very very rare.

I have my own questions I feel are valid, but for obvious reasons I don't voice them here.

Ditto... that's why I'm lurkin.

Well, they had Kyron's best friend and desk mate that said he saw and spoke to Kyron around the same time he was supposed to be headed to class. If I understand correctly, the boy spoke to Kyron as Kyron walked by the classroom door.

We have also heard that some staff did witness him in other rooms. (not sure if that was confirmed). LE did confirm he was last seen at 9am (15 minutes AFTER SM left him). They also alluded to the fact that someone may have seen him later that morning (although, I am not sure if 9am is the later or if it was even later). It's so confusing since we can't get any information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw