OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The lead FBI agent described the case as "unique " .... Very telling ; I do not think it is a case of Kyron wandering into the woods, of Kyron being taken by a sexual predator, of Kyron being harmed in the woods by an older child or adult. None of those things would make the case unique, IMO.

Whatever is left,after a lot of common scenarios have been speculated on, is what likely happened. In other words, something waaay out of the ordinary happened here.

Even more reason for people to heed the FBI's instructions to keep their mouths shut. :furious:

The lead FBI agent described the case as "unique " .... Very telling ; I do not think it is a case of Kyron wandering into the woods, of Kyron being taken by a sexual predator, of Kyron being harmed in the woods by an older child or adult. None of those things would make the case unique, IMO.

Whatever is left,after a lot of common scenarios have been speculated on, is what likely happened. In other words, something waaay out of the ordinary happened here.
Like what Liz ? Just wonder what your thoughts are. Off for a spot of coffee ;}

One thing in the news reports that caught my eye...is it usually "natural progression"
FWIW, that phrase caught my attention yesterday as well. One explanation could be that this is the first time the new search cooperation procedures have been put into place since the law changed.

Well, I know for a fact it's rainy and cloudy in Portland today....

Sing it! It's miserable. :(

I wonder how busy nw cornelious rd is. If he as upset maybe he decided to walk home, not sure how far that is, and not to be seen went through the field and then the woods to cornelious. Possible hit by a car near that curve, got lost in the woods went up and mssed the road, someone found him walking and picked him up.
Busy road, lots of big trucks, it is the main, unauthorized short cut from the Hwy 30 industrial area to Hwy 26. This occurred to me too because it's not an unreasonable distance to travel from school to home, but can not imagine the motivation. Esp. if mom just left.. if he needed something, wouldn't he just call her cell?

Same hair color, glasses. Looks to be the same age.

Also, why is the child in the front seat? Do Bugs have an option to turn off the airbag?

In WA it is illegal for a child under 13 to be in the front seat, unless the vehicle does not have a back seat. I see it happen all the time when I am at my son's school and it really bothers me. I'm going to start calling the # to report it!

It's been awfully rainy there lately - if it was set up in the gym, it would have disrupted recess, lunch, afternooon breaks etc.

And the talent show, scheduled for a few hours later...

I am afraid that what is unique here is that after 6 days, they still don't know exactly which scenario to focus on...

Sorry if this question has been answered, I haven't read it posted anywhere. Has the biological mother of Kyron been mentioned at all? Is she alive or deceased or been in normal contact with her son?

Does Kyron have brothers and sisters?

Yes, his bio mom lived 2-3 hours away(or I thought.. looks like 5-6) and came right away when he was missing. Step mom has raised him since birth... bio mom had visitations 2xs per month.

He has a baby sister from bio dad and step mom.
He has a 16 year old step brother that is step mom's son...who lives with step mom's parents

Sorry if this question has been answered, I haven't read it posted anywhere. Has the biological mother of Kyron been mentioned at all? Is she alive or deceased or been in normal contact with her son?

The two families reportedly have a good relationship, shared custody & she sees him regularly (she lives about 5 hours south of town). Reports are that she is in Portland, participating and (one report) that she is staying with the family.
Kyron has at least two siblings.

Im sorry if this has been posted, since I have been unable to read all post, but is that him in the front seat?

I've been following but have nothing new to add.

I do have a quick question though..Are we sure the school has a gym? Maybe its a geographical difference but none of the elementary schools near me have a gymnasium. Just a thought. Thanks

I wonder how busy nw cornelious rd is. If he as upset maybe he decided to walk home, not sure how far that is, and not to be seen went through the field and then the woods to cornelious. Possible hit by a car near that curve, got lost in the woods went up and mssed the road, someone found him walking and picked him up.
Or he's still in the woods. When I was in third grade, a friend and I decided we were old enough to build a cabin and live in the mountains. We left school and walked towards the mountains in the distance (which were so far away, they never got closer.) We walked 7 miles before we gave up and walked home. We were walking on busy streets, LE was out looking for us, and they never saw us until we arrived at my house late that night.
My point is, kids can really get far away.

Yes, the bio-mom has been mentioned. She lived 6 hours away and came the next day.

Kyron lives with his-step mom and dad and 18 month old half sister. He also has a 1/2 brother (son of step-mom) who was camping with his father over the weekend. I believe the bio-mom also has other kids but I can't recall the details.

ETA: Step-brother is believed to live with his grandparents.

My thoughts at the present is this...

When this started, LE would answer questions.
Then, they started kinda sorta answering questions.
Now, they don't answer questions.

I think they know what is going on and are working on something sensitive and they just don't want info getting out that can harm Kyron or their investigation.

I think all they want from the public right now is to be on the lookout, phone in tips, and stay out of the way of the investigation.

Thats JMO - I think there is much more to this case than we thought.

Or he's still in the woods. When I was in third grade, a friend and I decided we were old enough to build a cabin and live in the mountains. We left school and walked towards the mountains in the distance (which were so far away, they never got closer.) We walked 7 miles before we gave up and walked home. We were walking on busy streets, LE was out looking for us, and they never saw us until we arrived at my house late that night.
My point is, kids can really get far away.

omgosh 7 miles! Glad you made it home safe :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member