OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/96172734.html

Fahrney said the Idaho psychic called a tip line in Sacramento, Calif., and his information was passed along to the Yreka police.

The local police then passed out flyers with a photo of the boy, and in the days that followed they received two tips independently from people in the area.

"Yesterday afternoon I was contacted by a couple that had stayed at our local Motel 6 on Saturday, and they believed, after seeing Kyron's picture, that they saw a boy matching his description staying at the Motel 6 that night," Fahrney said.

Then, on Friday morning, Yreka police received another call from a man who said he saw a child matching Kyron's description on Thursday with an older man at the local Walmart store.

Police then were able to obtain surveillance video from the store that clearly showed the boy matching Kyron's description. He was accompanied by an older man and woman.

Still photos from the video were forwarded to the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office, and they will be shown to the family for identification.

..snipped
The grief of Desiree was much more genuine. She was sobbing. She refused Terri's attempt at a hug. The most awkward part of the conference was when Terri attempted to lie her head on Desiree's shoulder...the natural reaction would have been for Desiree to tilt her head toward Terri, yet she didn't. She didn't even look at Terri.

I also noticed that when the family walked in, Desiree's husband stood between Terri and Desiree. When he stepped up to speak, Terri and Kaine moved over toward Desiree, but, she did not exhibit any affection whatsoever toward Terri.

..snipped

I agree with so much of what you said and wanted to add

I am not really a touchy-feely person..except to my husband and daughter. when I am really hurt or upset I tense up and don't like unexpected hugs, pats, touches.

She might be the same.

although I also noticed that when the dad was finished talking and he went to stand back up with the family, terri went to hug him and he wouldn't really accept it.

again, there could be many reasons for that... like maybe he was trying to not break down completely

Wow what a powerful press conference.

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping this Yreka tip leads to something GOOD for Kyron. Crazier things have happened.

I have been a sub in the kitchen at 2 different districts. They can eat breakfast before school and then off to class. I do know right after they eat in the morning the garbage cans in the cafeterias are emptied.
It was mentioned he did not (walk) out of the school and it was mentioned he went to an electrical exhibit by his friend. Well the janitorial staff usually has access to all the electrical equipment and the garbage cans..Not accusing anyone, just trying to think how would you conceal a body his size without being noticed. Our janitors were male and female , young and old..

Could possibly be something that happens when she's nervous or upset...which in this case is understandable. I've known people who did this same thing.

Let's keep in mind that it's very possible that SM and bioMom are both blaming SM not because she is guilty of anything but because she's the one that dropped Kyron off that morning. I would be going ablsolutely crazy thinking...'why didn't I walk him all the way to his classroom'....why didn't I stay a little longer'....'why didn't I go to the talent show' - if that part is true etc etc etc. I would blame myself to my last day.

My only thoughts are that Terri didn't cry though she tried to appear as such. Her eyes were not red and there appeared to be no tears. Her rapid blinking could be indicative of stress or lack of sleep or deception.

The grief of Desiree was much more genuine. She was sobbing. She refused Terri's attempt at a hug. The most awkward part of the conference was when Terri attempted to lie her head on Desiree's shoulder...the natural reaction would have been for Desiree to tilt her head toward Terri, yet she didn't. She didn't even look at Terri.

I also noticed that when the family walked in, Desiree's husband stood between Terri and Desiree. When he stepped up to speak, Terri and Kaine moved over toward Desiree, but, she did not exhibit any affection whatsoever toward Terri.

I believe that the conference was to appear that the parents were a united front. I think Terri tried to make it look as such. However, Desiree's body language showed me that she is holding something against Terri.

It could be her suspicion. Or it could be something not associated with Kyron's disappearance. According to Carol Moulter's interview and the timeframe she presented in it..Terri had been with Kaine for seven or eight years. Either way, that would put Terri with Kaine while Desiree was pregnant with Kyron, and that may explain her reaction to Terri's overtures during the presser.

All my opinion.
I try not to read into these things.I really don't know what to think.Please do not be mad at me for what I think.It's just the way I feel.My heart does go out to everyone.My heart goes out to kyron.I pray they find him very soon.I pretty much saw and felt what you did.I did not see tears or real emotion with Terri.I'm sorry.But I didn't see it or feel it.I'm a little bothered by this.I'm sorry if I am wrong.I did feel the pain with the others.I'm not going to read into anything any more.I'm just going to investigate this and feel what I think happened and trust the LE that they know what they are doing.I do feel they are doing a very good job trying to find Kyron.

I find those sighting in CA very doubtful....once they circulated photos, people started seeing him? Power of suggestion, IMO...

FWIW I failed a lie detector test on my name and birthdate in college. Ain't no way in heck I would ever submit to a polygraph for something of this magnitude. I have zero confidence in their accuracy.
JMHO.

This is a thought I have always had. What if you are not guilty, take a polygraph and it shows you are guilty. Then that takes all of the attention away from where LE should be looking. I would be soooo nervous.

Let's keep in mind that it's very possible that SM and bioMom are both blaming SM not because she is guilty of anything but because she's the one that dropped Kyron off that morning. I would be going ablsolutely crazy thinking...'why didn't I walk him all the way to his classroom'....why didn't I stay a little longer'....'why didn't I go to the talent show' - if that part is true etc etc etc. I would blame myself to my last day.

Bio Mum is proably also experiencing guilt. She has almost certainly on some level thought at some point, if I had full custody, this wouldn't be happening. Not saying SM did it or anything at all, just the circumstances would never have happened.

I find those sighting in CA very doubtful....once they circulated photos, people started seeing him? Power of suggestion, IMO...

I feel for families near the West Coast with little boys with wire-rimmed glasses right now.

More on the search at Sauvie Island. Seems serious.

"Earlier today, riders on horseback began searching Sauvie Island and a Blackhawk helicopter from the Oregon National Guard could also be seen above the island. By 10:30 a.m., the helicopter had made at least two passes, along a north-south line as the mounted riders began to head north along Sauvie Island Road.

Sauvie Island resident Mary Douglas said she saw the helicopter flying over the island on Thursday, but today was the first time she saw anyone searching the ground.

A crew on horseback asked to check her property this morning and went over her orchard by Multnomah Channel, Douglas said."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_search_enters_eig.html

Please watch the vid back with the sound off.

Can someone tell me how it's humanly possible for Terri to blink so much?

Only half sarcasm :)

I blink a lot when I am trying not to let the tears fall.

He is living with them. There is no way he isn't going to become emotionally involved. They would have to choose the tin man to keep them from getting emotionally involved. He is living in the house Kyron lives in, with all of his stuff, his baby sister. He is going to become emotionally involved.

I realize I mentioned this earlier, but has anyone ever heard of a police officer living with the family while an investigation is going on?

Which family is he living with?
Hi, STEADFAST, I was responding to MsFacetious' post (quoted above, with my quoted response). Although I'm not certain that "living with" the family is a correct description, it is Kyron's father and step-mother (Kaine and Terri) that an officer has been staying with. That was reported during the "family statement" press conference on Wednesday. It was reported by LE that the officer only went home at night to sleep and then returned in the mornings.

Now we are at Friday and it was not mentioned in today's family press conference whether or not this is still occurring.

Hi, STEADFAST, I was responding to MsFacetious' post (quoted above, with my quoted response). Although I'm not certain that "living with" the family is a correct description, it is Kyron's father and step-mother (Kaine and Terri) that an officer has been staying with. That was reported during the "family statement" press conference on Wednesday. It was reported by LE that the officer only went home at night to sleep and then returned in the mornings.

Now we are at Friday and it was not mentioned in today's family press conference whether or not this is still occurring.

I think that there are two officers working shifts at the Harmons'. If I recall correctly, someone in a presser stated that when Shults goes home, another officer relieves him, so there is someone there 24/7.

More on the search at Sauvie Island. Seems serious.

"Earlier today, riders on horseback began searching Sauvie Island and a Blackhawk helicopter from the Oregon National Guard could also be seen above the island. By 10:30 a.m., the helicopter had made at least two passes, along a north-south line as the mounted riders began to head north along Sauvie Island Road.

Sauvie Island resident Mary Douglas said she saw the helicopter flying over the island on Thursday, but today was the first time she saw anyone searching the ground.

A crew on horseback asked to check her property this morning and went over her orchard by Multnomah Channel, Douglas said."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_search_enters_eig.html
Do you know why they are searching this area?Where is it?It's near the water?

So since we really know NOTHING at this point, what do we sleuth?

I think this has actually been a problem from the beginning of this case. Everyone wants to get stuck in about it and sleuth their brains out to bring the little lad back, but we have naff all to go on and nothing is forthcoming even a week after the fact. I think it causes a lot of frustration and emotions run high.

There is not much to sleuth here. Just lots of back and forth going on and tons of repeated theories and questions. I will check back in a few hours and see if anything is new but not feeling hopeful.

:cat:
This board is moving so fast it is hard to keep up. Good sleuthing. I have one question: does any one know why Kyron was living with his father and not his mother? Also I found Terri's actions a little strange. Kind of reminded me of Susan Smith a little.

I've wondered that, too. And also wondered why Terri sent her oldest son to live with his stepmother's father six months ago.

Maybe it's because they have a tiny house. Dunno. Odd, though, to send a child off half-way through a school year.

And on your last sentence, me, too.

It was reported by LE that the officer only went home at night to sleep and then returned in the mornings.

It was also mentioned that when that officer went home to sleep he was "relieved" by another officer. One of the reporters asked that and the LE answering questions said yes. (Someone else can pull it up and verify that... I suppose the reporter could have asked if when he went home, did nobody relieve him. But I am 99.9% sure there is an officer there 24/7.)

It was made to sound like it would continue as long as this process did. Until they find Kyron, stop looking, or turn it into a criminal investigation. That was the impression I got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme