GUILTY OR - Mark Dribin, 42, Portland, 02 July 1999 *Christopher Charles Lovrien sentenced*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope your family will find justice long overdue. This photo appears of a live feed/or feed in general. I'd try to get the login info (and it should be public). I assure you that you'll have some WS people show their support
Thank you. It was given to Ken, as he's the victim's father. I don't know if it's public beyond that or not. Seems like there's been so little reporting on this case...

Thank you. It was given to Ken, as he's the victim's father. I don't know if it's public beyond that or not. Seems like there's been so little reporting on this case...
Have you looked into local news reporters and forwarded some of your notes to them? They may be interested seeing as Lovrien likely killed 2 men and is finally facing justice. Also - was it ever discovered what the grand jury was for?

Friday, January 13th:
*Status Check Hearing (both cases) (@ 1:30pm PT) - OR – Mark Jeffrey Dribin (42) (last seen July 3, 1999, Portland, reported missing July 6, 1999; has not been found) - *Christopher Charles Lovrien (32 @ time of crime/52/now 54) indicted (4/30/20), arrested (5/4/20 by U.S. Marshalls), charged (5/4/20) & arraigned (5/5/20) with 2nd degree murder. Plead not guilty. No bond.
Forensic Genetic Genealogy match.
*OR – Kenneth Lee Griffin (53) (last seen Feb. 1, 2020 & reported missing on Feb. 2, 2020, Portland, found May 19, 2020 in Lovrien’s shed) - *Christopher Charles Lovrien (52/now 54) charged (3/10/21), indicted (4/30/20), re-indicted (3/10/21) & arraigned (3/11/21) with 2nd degree murder, abuse of a corpse & 6 counts of being a felon in possession of firearms. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Trial set to begin on 7/28/23 with jury selection & opening statements on 7/31/23.
Dribin: Court info from 5/5/20 thru 11/25/22 & Griffin: Court info from 3/16/21 thru 11/25/22 reference post #610 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...2-portland-02-july-1999-arrest.153627/page-31

12/13/22: Demurrer. A demurrer is a pleading in a lawsuit that objects to or challenges a pleading filed by an opposing party. The word demur means "to object"; a demurrer is the document that makes the objection. Lawyers informally define a demurrer as a defendant saying "So what?" to the pleading. Next motions hearing on 1/5/23 & status check hearing on 1/13/23.
1/5/23 Update: Lovrien was initially declared indigent, but is no longer since he sold his house. He no longer has a Public Defender, so he's paying for both his lawyers. Lovrien was present at the hearing. He's trying to get off on a technicality. He lost on the motion to sever cases & he's claiming that he didn't have good legal advice or didn't have a lawyer present for the Grand Jury when he was initially arrested, so they are trying to suppress the Grand Jury Evidence on the grounds of the 6th & 14th Amendments (basically bad/insufficient legal advice). Next status check hearing on 1/13/23.

Have you looked into local news reporters and forwarded some of your notes to them? They may be interested seeing as Lovrien likely killed 2 men and is finally facing justice. Also - was it ever discovered what the grand jury was for?
Thanks for your interest in this case. I don't live in Portland, although I have family in the area. I don't have reporter contacts up there. There has been an occasional story on the case(s), but not like you see for other high-profile cases. Perhaps that will change closer to the trial. And no, we still don't know what he went in front of the Grand Jury for. I'm assuming that they want to indict him for something else.

Just checked, and there's no record of today's hearing being held. Looks like it was pushed forward to Feb. 7th, and it will be a hearing to set motions: 1673650670634.png

Ken just called me with an update: he's been in touch with both the current detective on the case, and the Victim's Advocate. Apparently the motion that Lovrien had filed regarding him not having a lawyer present for the Grand Jury was denied by the judge, and Tuesday's hearing will be a status hearing. Also, there is renewed media interest in the Genetic Genealogy aspect of the case; however Ken and his other son want their privacy because it's too emotionally painful for them to deal with. So things may finally be heating up as we get closer to a trial. Next hearing is this coming Tuesday Feb. 7th for anyone following. Edited to add- just checked OJD- the motion was denied just today. He tried to have his Grand Jury Testimony Suppressed. Anybody have any idea what Exhibit List- Election means??1675397290889.png

Last edited:
Tuesday, February 7th:
*Status Check Hearing (both cases) (@ 1:30pm PT) - OR – Mark Jeffrey Dribin (42) (last seen July 3, 1999, Portland, reported missing July 6, 1999; has not been found) - *Christopher Charles Lovrien (32 @ time of crime/52/now 54) indicted (4/30/20), arrested (5/4/20 by U.S. Marshalls), charged (5/4/20) & arraigned (5/5/20) with 2nd degree murder. Plead not guilty. No bond.
Forensic Genetic Genealogy match.
*OR – Kenneth Lee Griffin (53) (last seen Feb. 1, 2020 & reported missing on Feb. 2, 2020, Portland, found May 19, 2020 in Lovrien’s shed) - *Christopher Charles Lovrien (52/now 54) charged (3/10/21), indicted (4/30/20), re-indicted (3/10/21) & arraigned (3/11/21) with 2nd degree murder, abuse of a corpse & 6 counts of being a felon in possession of firearms. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Trial set to begin on 7/28/23 with jury selection & opening statements on 7/31/23. 12-person jury.
Dribin: Court info from 5/5/20 thru 12/13/22 & Griffin: Court info from 3/16/21 thru 12/13/22 reference post #623 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...2-portland-02-july-1999-arrest.153627/page-32

1/5/23 Update: Lovrien was initially declared indigent, but is no longer since he sold his house. He no longer has a Public Defender, so he's paying for both his lawyers. Lovrien was present at the hearing. He's trying to get off on a technicality. He lost on the motion to sever cases & he's claiming that he didn't have good legal advice or didn't have a lawyer present for the Grand Jury when he was initially arrested, so they are trying to suppress the Grand Jury Evidence on the grounds of the 6th & 14th Amendments (basically bad/insufficient legal advice). Next motions hearing on 1/13/23.
1/13/23 Update: Motion hearing was held. Next status check on 2/7/23 @ 1:30pm. 2/2/23 Update: The motion to have his Grand Jury Testimony suppressed that Lovrien had filed regarding him not having a lawyer present for the Grand Jury was denied by Judge Christopher Ramras.

This is all that I find on today's hearing- that it was held, but another hearing has been scheduled for May 19th. Stay tuned...1675809748937.png

This is all that I find on today's hearing- that it was held, but another hearing has been scheduled for May 19th. Stay tuned...View attachment 401020

Thanks for the update - but I can not see "when" the 5/19 motions hearing starts. I can not move that thingy on the side to go down & look... TIA if you can provide the time! :)

Portland man charged in 2 killings, police seek help finding other victims

They [the investigators] do not believe Lovrien knew either Griffin or Dribin.
Investigators who searched Lovrien’s property found two .9mm caliber pistols, a .40 caliber pistol, a .357 caliber revolver and two .223 caliber rifles.

Police believe there could be more victims. They want to talk to anyone with information about people who may have been living under the Interstate 205 bridge in southeast Portland between the summer of 2019 and May 2020 and is now missing.
I might take some time to search for MPs in that time period and area.

With that said, I feel like he definitely killed more than 2 men. You don't just kill two men you do not even know, in cold blood, 10 years apart, and have that be *IT*. Yknow??

Gonna drop this here on the off-chance someone needs it!
If you have any helpful information in this case, Detective Brendan McGuire would like to hear from you at 503-823-0869 or by email at brendan.mcguire@portlandoregon.gov.

Portland man charged in 2 killings, police seek help finding other victims

They [the investigators] do not believe Lovrien knew either Griffin or Dribin.
Investigators who searched Lovrien’s property found two .9mm caliber pistols, a .40 caliber pistol, a .357 caliber revolver and two .223 caliber rifles.

Police believe there could be more victims. They want to talk to anyone with information about people who may have been living under the Interstate 205 bridge in southeast Portland between the summer of 2019 and May 2020 and is now missing.
I might take some time to search for MPs in that time period and area.

With that said, I feel like he definitely killed more than 2 men. You don't just kill two men you do not even know, in cold blood, 10 years apart, and have that be *IT*. Yknow??

Gonna drop this here on the off-chance someone needs it!
If you have any helpful information in this case, Detective Brendan McGuire would like to hear from you at 503-823-0869 or by email at brendan.mcguire@portlandoregon.gov.
Thank you for posting. I wasn't aware of the guns that Lovrien had, but the article is dated 2021. I think that since they posted it, they may have established a link between Mark and Lovrien.

Thank you for posting. I wasn't aware of the guns that Lovrien had, but the article is dated 2021. I think that since they posted it, they may have established a link between Mark and Lovrien.
Oh really? What do you think the link is?

Just checked OJD, and apparently he filed a motion yesterday to suppress evidence. I should be talking to Ken in a few days. I will be in Portland between the hearings in May, but it looks like I won't be there in time for either of them... Still hoping that there's a chance that I can make part of the trial. 1682201413658.png

Next hearing is next Monday- 5/8. "Settlement conference". The prosecutor has consulted with Ken about his and his son's feelings. Hopefully they won't be offering a plea deal as Ken is against it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
everyoneblooms
Back