GUILTY OR - Mark Dribin, 42, Portland, 02 July 1999 *Christopher Charles Lovrien sentenced*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
07/24/2020 Hearing - Case Management
Judicial Officer: Ramras, Christopher
Hearing Time: 8:30 AM

12/14/2020 Hearing - Further Proceedings
Judicial Officer(s): Ramras, Christopher, Ramras, Christopher
Hearing Time: 8:30 AM
Comment: Special Panel

02/28/2022 Trial - Twelve Person Jury
Judicial Officer(s): Ramras, Christopher, Ramras, Christopher
Hearing Time: 09:00 AM

link: OREGON JUDICIAL DEPARTMENT - Online Records Search
Thank you for this Niner! I had to go down to LA last week. I was unable to get together with Mark's father, but I spoke with him. We've been keeping in touch on somewhat of a regular basis. (I found some old pictures of him and Mark- which I may be able to put up in the near future as well). He was going to try to call the cold case detective today. I wonder if he knows about this new hearing on the books? I'll have to let him know.

Not much to report. The hearing is still on for Dec. 14th. I'm assuming it's trial related. Just got off the phone with Ken. He talked to the Assistant D.A., no updates yet with the holidays and Covid. He'll try again next week. Lovrien remains locked up on no-bail and is still "under investigation"...

This is the photo that I was promising you. It's Mark at his Bar Mitzvah with his parents and older brother, and my grandmother. If I'm correct, it was taken in 1970. Mark is in the Blue jacket next to his dad Ken.

Attachments

• Mark's Bar Mitzvah.jpg
    Mark's Bar Mitzvah.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 101
Beautiful family!

OT: My Mom had that dress, in green.

I wasn't going to ask, but now that you mention the dress :) do you know, does anyone know if that flowery decoration is part of the dress or a bracelet?

I will say thank you in advance so I can remain for ever silent on this higly Off Topic. The picture is wonderful on so many levels. The family looks happy and healthy and a lot of preparation has gone into this moment. Ever since I started sewing lessons, I have been intrigued by clothes and how they are designed and executed. IMO Marks's mother had a great eye for colours.

Cherish this moment, and peace to all.

I wasn't going to ask, but now that you mention the dress :) do you know, does anyone know if that flowery decoration is part of the dress or a bracelet?

I will say thank you in advance so I can remain for ever silent on this higly Off Topic. The picture is wonderful on so many levels. The family looks happy and healthy and a lot of preparation has gone into this moment. Ever since I started sewing lessons, I have been intrigued by clothes and how they are designed and executed. IMO Marks's mother had a great eye for colours.

Cherish this moment, and peace to all.

Mom is wearing a wrist corsage. The gentlemen have boutonnieres, and Grandmother has a flower corsage pinned to her outfit.

The dress has sparkly trim at the waist & the neckline.

Waltz down Memory Lane, yep.

@LinasK - I can not access the Oregon court site anymore - don't know why - but was wondering if the Monday, 12/14 hearing was still a go?

TIA!
animated-smileys-christmas-033.gif

How did I not realise someone had been arrested. This is great news @LinasK Hopefully Mark can finally be found and brought home to Ken.
Thank you. It hasn't been that long since he was arrested, a few months, and there's been a lot going on in the world. It took me a couple of weeks to find out because I'd been away from Websleuths. One of Lovrien's neighbors got ahold of me.

@LinasK - I can not access the Oregon court site anymore - don't know why - but was wondering if the Monday, 12/14 hearing was still a go?

TIA!
animated-smileys-christmas-033.gif
I will check again now, but it's both Ken's and my understanding that it's a go for tomorrow morning.

Monday, December 14th:
*Further Proceedings Hearing (@ 8:30am PT) - OR – Mark Jeffrey Dribin (42) (last seen July 3, 1999, Portland, reported missing July 6, 1999; has not been found) - *Christopher Charles Lovrien (32 @ time of crime/52) indicted (4/30/20), arrested (5/4/20 by U.S. Marshalls), charged (5/4/20) & arraigned (5/5/20) with 2nd degree murder.
Forensic Genetic Genealogy match.
Trial was set to begin on 6/15/20 was cancelled & rescheduled on 2/28/22 (at 9am) 12-person jury.

Court info from 5/5/20 thru 7/9/20 reference post #371 here:
OR - OR - Mark Dribin, 42, Portland, 02 July 1999 *ARREST*

7/14/20 Update: Case management hearing from 7/9 has again been rescheduled to 7/24/20.
7/24/20 Update: Trial has been set to begin on 2/28/22 with a 12-person jury. Next further proceedings – special panel on 12/14/20.

The only thing that I can gather from this morning's hearing of what was posted, was that it was to set another date to pick motion dates, but it will be this February, so that's a year sooner than the trial... upload_2020-12-14_12-23-18.png

Friday, February 5th 2021 3:00pm is the next hearing, so everyone please come back after the holidays and I hope everyone is managing to safely and happily enjoy their holiday season. We have much to look forward to next year!

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot
Back