GUILTY OR - Mark Dribin, 42, Portland, 02 July 1999 *Christopher Charles Lovrien sentenced*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That is my thinking also! Pleading guilty - maybe with BOTH cases!! Get this guy in prison!! And Hopefully in this plea deal - if there is one -he tells where Mark is!!
I don't think it will be for both cases unfortunately. I think he wants to go to trial on Griffin's case, which is odd because it's a stronger case having a body. I did suggest to Ken last night that he try to use Lovrien disclosing where Mark is as a bargaining chip on his sentence.

Friday, January 12th:
*Plea Hearing (Mark’s case) (@ 10am PT) - OR – Mark Jeffrey Dribin (42) (last seen July 3, 1999, Portland, reported missing July 6, 1999; has not been found) - *Christopher Charles Lovrien (32 @ time of crime/52/now 56) indicted (4/30/20), arrested (5/4/20 by U.S. Marshalls), charged (5/4/20) & arraigned (5/5/20) with 2nd degree murder, 1st degree abuse of a corpse & 3 counts of being a felon in possession of firearms. Plead not guilty. No bond.
Forensic Genetic Genealogy match.
*OR – Kenneth Lee Griffin (53) (last seen Feb. 1, 2020 & reported missing on Feb. 2, 2020, Portland, found May 19, 2020 in Lovrien’s shed) - *Christopher Charles Lovrien (51 @ time of crime/52/now 56) charged (3/10/21), indicted (4/30/20), re-indicted (3/10/21) & arraigned (3/11/21) with 2nd degree murder, 1st degree abuse of a corpse & 6 counts of being a felon in possession of firearms. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Trial was set to begin on 7/31/23. Cases have been severed.
Dribin Trial was set to begin on 1/29/24 continued on 2/5/24.
Judge Christopher Ramras presiding. Dep. DA Kirsten M. Snowden & Margaret Burgess.
Griffin Trial set to begin on 4/8/24.
Judge Christopher Ramras presiding. Dep. DA Kirsten M. Snowden & Margaret Burgess.

Dribin: Court info from 5/5/20 thru 12/21/23 & Griffin: Court info from 3/16/21 thru 9/13/23 reference post #744 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...2-portland-02-july-1999-arrest.153627/page-38

12/27/23 Update: Coming up motions hearing on 1/4/24 re defense motion to suppress DNA evidence, Further proceedings hearing 1/19/24 re jury questionnaire & further proceedings hearing on 1/25/24 re special jury panel summons.
12/28/23 Update: Defendant's motion for new legal advisor is denied. Attorney Keith Goody is to remain as legal advisor per Judge Cherly A. Albrecht.
1/4/24 Update: The trial start date has been pushed back one week to start on 2/5/24 because legal advisor Goody had a trip previously planned. Lovrien's motion to get the DNA evidence excluded was denied, as was the Demurrer. And the state was granted a motion to exclude a potential witness of his unless he gives a legal notice to them of that witness appearing. Jury Summons have gone out already & Judge Ramras wants to keep the Special Panel date for the Jury of Thursday, 1/25/24. At that time, they'll review hardship excuses with the jury & his legal adviser can teleconference in. It's not a Capitol case, no Death Penalty ^ so the judge is allocating 9 trial days starting Monday, 2/5/24. Both sides seemed to agree that the trial can be concluded in 1-2 weeks. Next Settlement conference hearing on 1/5/24 @ 1:30pm before Judge Heidi H. Moawad Transport requested.
1/5/24 Update: Present: Dep. DA Kirsten M. Snowden, Lovrien & court appointed Keith W. Goody. Notice: Defendant intends to present expert testimony. Next further proceedings hearing on 1/19/24 re jury questionnaire.
1/5/24 Update: Notice-defendant intends to present expert testimony. 1/10/24 Update: Exhibit list: Election. Next plea hearing on 1/12/24 @ 10am & transport requested.

I still don't know when or long he'll be sentenced to, but it now shows that he's a convicted felon for manslaughter in Mark's case. We think it's a minimum of 10-20 years for manslaughter. He'll at least be in his mid-60's or 70's when he gets out, and there's still his trial for Griffin's murder. His other trial dates haven't been updated.

I am relieved for you and your family that he has finally admitted culpability. I hope you and his family will be able to give impact statements. I am curious if there is anything in the agreement about disclosing what happened to Mark's body. I look forward to sentencing. It is a great day for justice. It will be nice for his dad to have a bit of peace.

Oh wow ... take time to let that sink in, @LinasK !

Truth will out, and fingers crossed that Mark will be found soon now. At last.
Yeah, I missed Ken's call while I was out this afternoon. We are exhausted and emotionally exhausted so I'll give him a day before I call him and discuss Victim Impact Statements. He left me a message saying he thinks Lovrien got 14 years, 4 months, so maybe he got credit for time served?

From the above article: despite apologizing also groused that he would have beaten the manslaughter charge if he had the money for a private attorney.

That's rich! He DID have a private attorney, blew through the money for the sale of his house and fired that attorney.

The place he's claiming to have buried Mark- Larch Mountain- is about 30 miles East of Portland.View attachment 474213

I’m so relieved to hear he pled guilty and gave a location to find Mark, @LinasK. This is huge news for you and Mark’s Dad!

Larch Mountain is familiar to me from following Whitney Heichel’s thread several years ago. It’s where she was left by her killer. Here’s hoping he will give a specific location or take LE there.

This article is subscription only.

I’m so relieved to hear he pled guilty and gave a location to find Mark, @LinasK. This is huge news for you and Mark’s Dad!

Larch Mountain is familiar to me from following Whitney Heichel’s thread several years ago. It’s where she was left by her killer. Here’s hoping he will give a specific location or take LE there.

This article is subscription only.
The information that he's claiming that the article revealed, which was new to me is that he met Mark in an adult bookstore, claimed that he was high on meth, Mark brought him to his house, claimed that he fell asleep in Mark's bed, awoke to Mark making a pass at him, so he stabbed him to death with a kitchen knife.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back