Found Deceased OR - Meighan Cordie, 27, Yamhill County, 18 Aug 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just know Grand Island/Dayton is very remote, and would be very dark at 10:30pm.

(Snipped and BBM) That is a very good point. Without a flashlight, she would not have been able to see even a few feet in front of her. We're not talking about suburban sidewalks with street lights. This whole story seems off to me now.

(Snipped and BBM) That is a very good point. Without a flashlight, she would not have been able to see even a few feet in front of her. We're not talking about suburban sidewalks with street lights. This whole story seems off to me now.

Could she have possibly walked 8 miles in those conditions, barefoot? And drunk. I just don't see it. Even sober I don't see how you could make that walk in the middle of the night.

On a remote road, surely mom would have seen if a car was behind them that would pick her up? And how can we be sure of the drop-off/exit point?

Maybe LE is quiet so as not to have to comment on what the mom did that may have resulted in the death? It could well be accidental but they don’t want all the blame-flinging that will come, before it has to? Social media will blame her mom like crazy, if not already happening.

Maybe one of the staff members working at the wedding picked her up as he was going home.

I refuse to believe she walked 8 miles.

It would be 8 miles from where the mother said she dropped her off. So far, I haven't seen any independent confirmation that she was actually dropped off there. If we throw out the mother's story, she could have been dropped anywhere. We just know it's 8 miles from the wedding place.

In the MSM article showing LE at the scene where her body was found, there is a highway sign that says 7 miles to the venue where the wedding was. That's really the only objective piece of evidence we really have.

Her bare feet will tell the truth. They would be a mess walking that far barefoot....and it would take more than the normal 3-4 miles/hour. As I mentioned before, she had to walk straight through downtown Dayton to end up over that on ramp...if she walked.

I think Mom is either quite mistaken about where Meighan jumped out or someone picked her up. For all we know, she got back in the car and then got out again. That’s the route they’d take to get home to Clackamas. No way did she walk all that way.

Her bare feet will tell the truth. They would be a mess walking that far barefoot....and it would take more than the normal 3-4 miles/hour. As I mentioned before, she had to walk straight through downtown Dayton to end up over that on ramp...if she walked.

I think Mom is either quite mistaken about where Meighan jumped out or someone picked her up. For all we know, she got back in the car and then got out again. That’s the route they’d take to get home to Clackamas. No way did she walk all that way.
That’s a good point. I couldn’t tell you an exact place I parked at WalMart today and I was calm as a cucumber. People who are fighting are angry and tend to muddle details due to the fact that they were not paying attention as they were focused on the argument at hand. Now, 8 miles is a big ways off though.

Was her boyfriend (father of her child) at the wedding also? Or was he home babysitting their little one? I saw somewhere it was a family wedding so I would think he would have been there too.

And you abandon someone (even drunk off their *ss) with no phone or shoes in a pitch dark deserted area? How about a phone call to her husband (Meighan’s Dad)?

How about a phone call to Aunt ___ or Cousin __ that would have been traveling behind me - there is only one way off, right?

The only person they've mentioned being in the car is the mother, so I think she was the only other occupant.

My ex boyfriend, drunk and angry, got out of my car at a red light as I was driving him home safely from the bar one night. I begged and pleaded with him to get back in. I can't imagine just.. leaving anyone far from home, drunk, without their cellphone/shoes. Let alone your own kid? JMO

She may not have been able to control whether Meighan got out of the car with no shoes or phone, but the responsible thing to do would have been to keep her in sight and/or call for help. But that’s only based on the information we have, which is obviously incomplete. So there could be a reasonable explanation for the Mom thinking she was safe. A stretch, I know, but I’m not ready to criticize Mom yet.
My guess is she didn’t because she was drunk. If she called police perhaps she was fearful she would receive a dui (selfish if that is the case but I could see that being a legitimate concern- she shouldn’t have been driving) maybe she feared it would look bad for her husband if that did happen. Maybe she hesitated to tell her husband for fear he would leave her (maybe she has had drinking issues in the past and got worried her husband wouldn’t stand for it). Maybe she just made the wrong decision. I’m totally spitballing and total speculation. Regardless, if she wasn’t involved I feel awful for her. She will always wish she had done something different.

My guess is she didn’t because she was drunk. If she called police perhaps she was fearful she would receive a dui (selfish if that is the case but I could see that being a legitimate concern- she shouldn’t have been driving) maybe she feared it would look bad for her husband if that did happen. Maybe she hesitated to tell her husband for fear he would leave her (maybe she has had drinking issues in the past and got worried her husband wouldn’t stand for it). Maybe she just made the wrong decision. I’m totally spitballing and total speculation. Regardless, if she wasn’t involved I feel awful for her. She will always wish she had done something different.

I expect one of these scenarios will prove to be it, and she will never get over it.

And if there was a child in the car?

Well, that’s even worse, if that’s what you’re asking, but I’m not sure I understand your question. Meighan should not have left her child, if she was there. It’s just a horrible situation all around for this family, even with the “best” scenarios, not not one of them is good. It could also be worse and may turn out to be.

Well, that’s even worse, if that’s what you’re asking, but I’m not sure I understand your question. Meighan should not have left her child, if she was there. It’s just a horrible situation all around for this family, even with the “best” scenarios, not not one of them is good. It could also be worse and may turn out to be.
Just my random thought than a question.
Sometimes I type as I as try to think things through - it was more wondering what in the world happened that evening which ended in such tragedy.

Just my random thought than a question.
Sometimes I type as I as try to think things through - it was more wondering what in the world happened that evening which ended in such tragedy.

Gotcha. :) Thanks for explaining. Yes, it’s hard to come up with a scenario. Nothing makes sense. Regarding the possibility of her little girl being in the car, it could explain her Mom leaving and going home. I still don’t understand no apparent call for help until morning though.

Gotcha. :) Thanks for explaining. Yes, it’s hard to come up with a scenario. Nothing makes sense. Regarding the possibility of her little girl being in the car, it could explain her Mom leaving and going home. I still don’t understand no apparent call for help until morning though.
Mom has no history of DUI arrests so I don't see her suddenly getting plastered at a wedding on a dark deserted rural Island. I have no idea why she didn't report the daughter missing though and I can't see the daughter walking 8 miles on an unlit path in bare feet. Something hinky is here.

The silence is strange on this case. You'd like LE would know if her blunt-force trauma came from being hit by a car (other injuries would be apparent), from a fall down an embankment (scratches from bramble, body position), from a hit over the head by another person (evidence of the type of impact).

It's just strange there is nothing being announced about Meighan's death.

I don't know how to interpret that.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CameraSnap