Found Deceased OR - Meighan Cordie, 27, Yamhill County, 18 Aug 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Quoting (sorry I’m on my phone and when I reply/quote an entire post, I can’t see the cursor in the reply box to reply)
So the following is snipped quote that I’m replying to:
Anyway, I kind of understand the scenario with Meighan and her mom - and I'm guessing (only a guess) that the mom thought Meighan would get another ride from someone they knew from the wedding.
End quote
I do know a mother daughter pair who fight like crazies when drinking. The daughter of the mom is 27, so it’s a perfect combo to hypothetical with So last night I envisioned this mom, a friend of mine, and her daughter fighting in this situation. If my friend’s daughter would have got out the car, my friend would have likely driven a couple minutes then went right back the called her dad or her brother to go look for her, and anyone at the wedding who was still there. Once sobered up a little and unable to find her, my friend would have called the police. There’s no way she’d just leave and go to bed. Now maybe the mom and daughter were drunk to the point of blocking out and the mom literally couldn’t think straight at all and passed out once Home then noticed the shoes and phone in the car the next morning then kind of remembered oh yeah we got in a fight....

A lot of people do black out when they drink a LOT. Sometimes “i can’t remember what i did last night” is the truth

But if this woman managed to drive home without wrecking or being pulled over then she likely wasn’t THAT drunk

We don't know that her mom didn't try to stop her, run after her, etc. There is a lot that seems fishy but we just don't have the answers to a lot of questions. Maybe they did search that night for her.

I'm leaning towards her being hit by a car, especially late at night after a wedding. There may have been some intoxicated drivers.

I doubt the mother ran after her. That doesn't make sense. Would she jump out of the car and run after her, then just give up, go back the car and leave? I don't think so.

We don't know that her mom didn't try to stop her, run after her, etc. There is a lot that seems fishy but we just don't have the answers to a lot of questions. Maybe they did search that night for her.

I'm leaning towards her being hit by a car, especially late at night after a wedding. There may have been some intoxicated drivers.

Yes. I agree. I just wish the mom would say that. I would on the news balling crying saying I looked for her.

My opinion at the moment is the mom was SO drunk that her daughter got out of the car because the mom refused to call an Uber etc. And she was so drunk she wasn’t thinking straight so she literally left her daughter on the side of the road then passed out at home. The next morning she realized what she had done.

But still, no matter how drunk or how mad, I wouldn’t leave my daughter on the side of the road. She had to have been SOMEWHAT coherent if she managed to drone Home and not wreck or get pulled over.

But still, no matter how drunk or how mad, I wouldn’t leave my daughter on the side of the road. She had to have been SOMEWHAT coherent if she managed to drone Home and not wreck or get pulled over.

That's why I guess (hope?) that the daughter said something like, "I'd rather get a ride from so-and-so!" and the mom said, "Fine!" and then assumed the daughter walked back and found the alternative ride.

Otherwise, I don't get it.

jmo

I just thought of another scenario
A horrible one :(

What if she jumped out and the mom drive forward a bit until she found somewhere safe to turn around. On her way back to where she jumped out she’s looking along the side of the road and accidentally hit her daughter on the curb. She would have been driving erratically while drunk and while searching the side of the road at night?? Then the mom panicked since she was drunk and didn’t want to be charged with manslaughter?

I don’t know. Maybe my imagination is too wild. I didn’t get much sleep last night

That's why I guess (hope?) that the daughter said something like, "I'd rather get a ride from so-and-so!" and the mom said, "Fine!" and then assumed the daughter walked back and found the alternative ride.

Otherwise, I don't get it.

jmo
Do we know how far the wedding was from the location the mom says she left her??

I'm sorry if this has been stated and I've missed (or forgotten the answer), but would someone be willing to tell me - how far is it from where she jumped out to the wedding venue? It doesn't seem reasonable that she would walk back to get a ride from someone else unless that was pretty close. And I guess the next question is how far from the venue was she found? Meaning, did she walk toward or away from the venue after getting out of the car?

I don’t recall ever reading or hearing those details/distances. The sure would be helpful. All i recall is the distance between the location the mom thinks she got out of the car being 8 miles from where her body was found.

Whatever the case may be, law enforcement not coming out and saying we don’t suspect foul play is definitely concerning. If she was hit by a car, wouldn’t they say that then ask the public to keep eyes and ears open for anyone who was in the area that night That May have begun acting strange the next day (guilty from hitting someone)

Man who found Meighan Cordie: It 'didn't look right'

The embankment where Collins found Cordie's body was 8-10 miles from where Cordie's mother said her daughter got out of the car. Cordie left her shoes and phone in the car.

She was last seen around 10:30 p.m. at the intersection of Upper Island Road and Grand Island Road, which is where they stopped their car. It's unclear what Cordie and her mom were fighting about or what her mom did after she got out.

Here is Kaboom's map link Google Maps
Image:
Heiser_Farms_to_SE_Foster_Rd_Oregon_9_https_www_google_hr_maps_dir_Heis.png

I'm sorry if this has been stated and I've missed (or forgotten the answer), but would someone be willing to tell me - how far is it from where she jumped out to the wedding venue? It doesn't seem reasonable that she would walk back to get a ride from someone else unless that was pretty close. And I guess the next question is how far from the venue was she found? Meaning, did she walk toward or away from the venue after getting out of the car?

Do we know how far the wedding was from the location the mom says she left her??

1.1 miles.

Google Maps

Here is where the wedding was:
Wedding Location

Looking at the map, they stopped the car here, which seems to be about a mile away:

She was last seen around 10:30 p.m. at the intersection of Upper Island Road and Grand Island Road, which is where they stopped their car.

Her body was found here:

It was near the onramp that leads from Wallace Road to Highway 18 and Foster Road -- only 8 to 10 miles from where Cordie was last seen. She was barefoot.
Missing 27-year-old mom died of 'blunt force trauma'

As far as I can tell, Wallace Rd becomes highway 221. To get to this onramp to Hiway 18, Meghan would have had to walk along Highway 221 (AKA SE Dayton-Salem Highway) through the town of Dayton to the onramp.

This just doesn’t seem likely to me.

Man who found Meighan Cordie: It 'didn't look right'

The embankment where Collins found Cordie's body was 8-10 miles from where Cordie's mother said her daughter got out of the car. Cordie left her shoes and phone in the car.

She was last seen around 10:30 p.m. at the intersection of Upper Island Road and Grand Island Road, which is where they stopped their car. It's unclear what Cordie and her mom were fighting about or what her mom did after she got out.

Here is Kaboom's map link Google Maps
Image:
Heiser_Farms_to_SE_Foster_Rd_Oregon_9_https_www_google_hr_maps_dir_Heis.png

Here is a slightly improved map. This shows from the wedding venue at Heiser Farms, to the location where she was dropped off, to the location where she was found.

Google Maps

Here is a slightly improved map. This shows from the wedding venue at Heiser Farms, to the location where she was dropped off, to the location where she was found.

Google Maps

Thank you! Do we know where she lived to see if that's a direction she would walk if she was trying to go home? It doesn't look like she was (successfully) walking back to the wedding venue.

Thank you to everyone that has provided maps and distances!!

I wonder how dirty/scratched her feet were... meaning do they look like she walked 8 miles (barefoot)?

This case is so strange and I agree with the poster(s?) that have said it seems strange that LE has not come out and said "foul play is not suspected."

Not having her phone is the thing that trips me up. If what's been reported is true, I can't imagine her getting out of the car on her own and storming off without her phone. Even if her mom was furious enough to drive off wouldn't she make sure MC had her phone so she could call for help in an emergency? Call her dad? BF? Someone?

Bizarre. Why would you drive away when your drunk adult daughter got out of the car without her phone? She couldn't call anyone else for a ride. That can't be the whole story.

I agree. In addition to not having a phone to call someone, she had no shoes on. I'm beginning to wonder about the mother's story myself.

Thank you! Do we know where she lived to see if that's a direction she would walk if she was trying to go home? It doesn't look like she was (successfully) walking back to the wedding venue.
In my theory, she intended to walk back to the wedding, but obviously something happened and she ended up somewhere else.

My theory is based on figuring out why the mom would let her walk away. I think it's because Meighan intended to get back to the wedding site and the mom assumed she could make it that far (one mile, it seems).

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kcou111
Back